Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mick
  • 1 Post By supersub

Thread: Koh Yhao Yai/Noi, Koh Phi Phi or...?

Cadet Gold

Koh Yhao Yai/Noi, Koh Phi Phi or...?

I am planning a trip in the coming high season, and I want to try one of the islands off Phuket. I am inviting a girl to go with me for 3-4 days, and I have been looking around. Phi Phi looks like it's heavy touristy so I found Koh Yhao Yai. Does anyone here have any experience with that island? Or can recommend me another island to go to?

Depends what you are looking for YDK?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Kho Yao Noi is the one with a good selection of resorts. Some are fairly flash and there are some nice beaches too. It is a quiet, make your own entertainment sort of place by evening as far as I could tell..... good for a romantic or family break. I was only there for a day on a rented motorcycle. The island is interesting enough by day, exploring by motorcycle, or kayaks etc. Koh Yao Noi is where the local government administration offices for both islands are located.

Kho Yao Yai is bigger, more rustic, and even quieter. Muslim village life continues there as it has for ages, with rice paddies, buffalo and all. There are a few small resorts, I guess catering to groups rather than individuals and couples. I went with a group and stayed on for a couple of days to explore both islands.

There is a scheduled boat to Kho Yao Yai from Rassada in Phuket Town, near Koh Sirey. There is an on demand ferry between the two islands. There is a scheduled service between a pier at Pak Lock and Koh Yao Noi.
    Last edited by Mick; 25th October 2013 at 21:08.
    YankeeDK likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I'm assuming this is your next trip.

Are you planning on spending time in Phuket as well? Hence the islands around it?

Otherwise Samui would be on the top of my list.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Haven't done any of the Kho Yao islands but if you want to go somewhere a little less packed try some of the trang islands. Tigerline ferry run a route which goes from Phuket so it's pretty easy to do a few days on each and move on.

Koh Lanta
    Koh Ngai - Trang
    Koh Muk - Trang
    Koh Kradan - Trang

Further south you can go to probably the nicest island in the South - Koh Lipe. No ATMs on any of the above aside from Lanta. Lipe is maybe 5 hours ferry from Phuket. I think Ngai would be a good one to go for and it's only around an hour and a bit ferry from Phuket and you can see the other Trang islands as day trips.

Frankly I would never step foot on PP again.
    YankeeDK likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Thanks for the good suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Depends what you are looking for YDK?
    A quiet getaway, maybe a little romantic

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I'm assuming this is your next trip.

Are you planning on spending time in Phuket as well? Hence the islands around it?

Otherwise Samui would be on the top of my list.
    Yes, I can't stay away from Phuket . Samui is not an option this time but it's on my bucket list