Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hatari

Thread: Air Asia sales

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Air Asia sales

Just booked MEL to KUL for $375 return including baggage and food for late June returning early August. Airfare component was $56, the rest being taxes, surcharges, etc.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    That's a bucking fargain!

I haven't been scanning airlines websites lately since I have a trip booked. But if you're always on the lookout you can find some rippers.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just booked MEL to KUL for $375 return including baggage and food for late June returning early August. Airfare component was $56, the rest being taxes, surcharges, etc.
    Bargain alright! But what a fcuking joke the taxes are ... especially Au departure.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That's an awesome price, I grabbed a DMK-Mel for June 2014, making my trip $450 return, the 1st leg direct to Phuket with Jetstar from Melbourne.

Another sale on now. Booked a one way fare KL to Melbourne for $140 including luggage, food and seat allocation!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

I got some dirt cheap Thai domestic flights too (Phuket to Udon Thani and Khon Kaen to Bangkok).

Spreading your wings Bawdy...555

^ Met alot of hotties from Kalasin, time to visit the source 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ Met alot of hotties from Kalasin, time to visit the source 555
    Scouting the villages for a farm fresh partner? 55555!
    Last edited by Zablive; 28th November 2013 at 11:29.

Air Asia and booking using Chrome browser 25 Feb 2014

Just tag this on here

Made a booking through Air Asia yesterday, and 3x got right to the final payment screen when it would either freeze, or else say 'payment cannot be processed'

So tried their 'contact us' live chat help service
    "Are you using Google Chrome?"
    "Yes"
    "Our system is incompatible with latest update. Suggest you use IE or Firefox"

About 2yrs ago they had on their website to use IE/FF and not GC . . . but since then I've made over 10 bookings without problem using Chrome, as recently as last month. But not yesterday.

I did suggest they might like to add the bit about Chrome on their site before people start to make a booking.

I'll add here that in the absence of a phone service, their live chat . . .
    "You are customer 109 in the queue. A representative will be with you in approximately 31 minutes"

31 minutes became 94.
    Lucky I'm not busy, and got a loud beep when he/she was online.

Anyway - I used a credit I had from a flight they cancelled on me, plus my 'secret shopper' payment for filling out a questionnaire on staff on a trip last year - had to make booking before 28 Feb or it expired.

KL next week.
    Good Indian food, expensive beer and a movie in English - what luxury!
    Last edited by Hatari; 26th February 2014 at 12:38.
    Quarky likes this.

AirAsia had best upgrade their system or lose customers .... Chrome browser use is ~ 34%. Way ahead of IE or FF.

The 'rejection' at final page is not new. It's very annoying especially after going thru and DEselecting all the add-ons. Another reason why I fly Nok in Th, web bookings easy peasy.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

I've used them often without problem in last 18mths, but a quick search and appears it's an ongoing issue for them at times; their twitter site askairasia just tells people to try another browser . . . how's that for customer service!

Ask AirAsia
    ‏@askairasia
    @ayutinie Hi. Google Chrome is incompatible with our webpage. Please make sure you are using a different browser. Thank you.
    Reply Retweet Favorite More
    1:00 AM - 6 Apr 2013
    Ask AirAsia
    ‏@askairasia
    @1iane @hazida_razali Hi. Yes, Our webpage is incompatible with Google Chrome. Please try again with a different browser. Thanks :-)
    Reply Retweet Favorite More
    8:47 AM - 18 May 2013