Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thai Airways

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar

Thai Airways

Thai Airways have changed their schedule out of Perth which was really F*%ed up my travel arrangments.....not a happy camper I hope they revert back to their original schedule after 29th March

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Not Thai Air its all I think due to Airport Expansion here in Perth I heard rumour of this from Minder.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I arrived back from Bangkok to Perth a couple of days ago and the flight times were the same as the last 3 years. I leave Perth at 910am which is great, arrive Bangkok 330pm. I do take the midnight flight home though, I can deal with that.

I presumed those earlier dates was for the Christmas period.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

I had been leaving Perth on Wed afternoon for a couple of years and leaving BKK on Tuesday mornings. The "new" schedule means I have to stay in Perth an extra night and leave BKK a day earlier...
    Last edited by Dazza; 3rd February 2014 at 18:58.

My only other option now if I don't want to "lose" 2 days is to fly Tiger Wed nights to BKK via Singapore and fly back with Air Asia via KL....but it would mean I wont hold onto my Gold Membership, miss out on free flights and free upgrade/year.
    Guess I'll re-visit the cost vs benefits vs days lost.

Just finished doing this route above, PITA 2 hr delay at Singapore, only good thing is Tiger flew into Changi, anyone know when they started doing this or is it temporary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and LCCT is still a sh$thole of an airport..lol

Thai Airways

Quick google search answered my question
    http://www.tigerair.com/news/TR_2012...ember_2012.pdf

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Yes, to all the above. Your view of the LCCT at KL was also my newbie mate's opinion last week and one I share. I call it my airport of last resort.
    My flights to BKK via Singapore last week were both altered by about an hour due to the works at Perth airport. Jetstar have their flaws but flight changes they do well with automatic options to move free of charge to adjoining flights.
    Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    some of the passenger waiting areas - immediately before boarding flights, where they want you 30min before take-off, have no bathroom/toilet facilities
    And no, they won't let a person re-exit after having gone through the last boarding process

But i think overall Don Mueang is worse, both in terms of waiting areas and the insanely-priced food; at least LCCT has some reasonable dining options

delete dbl post
    Last edited by Hatari; 28th February 2014 at 09:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    some of the passenger waiting areas - immediately before boarding flights, where they want you 30min before take-off, have no bathroom/toilet facilities
    And no, they won't let a person re-exit after having gone through the last boarding process

But i think overall Don Mueang is worse, both in terms of waiting areas and the insanely-priced food; at least LCCT has some reasonable dining options
    Hmm....I disagree, I think DM is a much better airport now since the "upgrades". but yes on prices, was paying 125baht for a leo lek !!!

I counted 6 times my passport and ticket was checked departing LCCT....a tad overzealous me thinks...

And that was everyone I might add, not just me.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I do wonder about all this passport, boarding pass and carry on bag checking, food and water confiscation.As if Al Qaeda are smuggling enough water and snacks on board to last until they line up to collect their share of the forty virgins...Meanwhile the rest of us are gasping for normal hydration as the airlines struggle to get airborne.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Just finished doing this route above, PITA 2 hr delay at Singapore, only good thing is Tiger flew into Changi, anyone know when they started doing this or is it temporary?

I fly Tiger now most of the time, yes 1 stopover but Changi .would near on the best Airport if you had to have a stopover.

My reasoning Virgin got expensive , Jetstar pissed me off with a rude obnoxious hostie on a Dosmetic flight , and Tigers service for a flight from Melbourne to Perth was great with excellent cabin staff, so that was enough to sway me, and the fact they land at Swampy in BKK.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Thai Airways

I counted 6 times my passport and ticket was checked departing LCCT....a tad overzealous me thinks...

The passport check within the gate at LCCT IMO are top notch. They come across as friendly but they question most passengers in a subtle way to get reactions to assess risk. Wouldn't be surprised if they are employed by the Oz government...often one Aussie with one or two locals.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Hmm....I disagree, I think DM is a much better airport now since the "upgrades". but yes on prices, was paying 125baht for a leo lek !!!
    Bargain!... I think I paid about $8.00 for a beer at KL LCCT at the one and only Bar. Not a good place to spend too much time, hot and crowded as well. Was glad to get out of there.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    The biggest advance in passenger comfort since the jumbo jet touches down in Perth on July 1.

In a major upgrade, Thai Airways will introduce its first 264-seat Boeing 787 on the Bangkok-Perth route, replacing its A330.

The airline is also increasing flights on the route from five to six times a week from March 29 and then daily with the 787.

Thai Airways' introduction of the 787 will be followed by Air New Zealand on October 15 and Scoot in December.

The Thai Airways flight leaves Perth at 9.15am and arrives in Bangkok at 3.15pm.

The 787 is the world's most versatile, economical and comfortable plane.

Key to its performance is its carbon fibre-reinforced polymer composite construction that is lighter and stronger than the usual aluminium and resists corrosion.

The combination of these qualities allows Boeing to increase cabin humidity from 5 per cent to 14 per cent and reduce the pressurisation altitude from 9000ft to 6000ft.

This virtually eliminates de- hydration and mild altitude sickness, which starts about 6500ft.

Fuselage strength also permits windows that are 50 per cent bigger than on comparable planes.

Cabin air quality is also improved by a new filtration system.

Air New Zealand will be the first to run the bigger 787-9s, starting with the Auckland-Perth route.

The Air New Zealand 787s will offer 18 lie-flat business premier beds and a separate 21-seat premium economy cabin in a 2-3-2 configuration, each section with its own toilet.

The plane's two economy cabins will accommodate 263 passengers, including 14 Skycouch rows, which are a set of three seats that convert to beds.

Virgin Australia will code-share on the service and passengers can book it now.

In a major expansion, Scoot will take delivery of 20 787s over the next two years to replace its six 777s.

The first Scoot 787s will arrive in November and by the middle of next year all its 777s will be retired.

Scoot has major expansion plans with its 787s.
    Last edited by Rivo; 4th March 2014 at 08:21.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Don Muang is way ahead of KUL's old LCCT but like any airport, refreshments are poor quality and/or expensive. Old Town food at LCCT is cheap enough but no a/c so you're better off grabbing a wrap or noodle bowl in (centre kiosk) departures lounge. The long-overdue new LCCT terminal "KLIA2" is due to open around May and should ease congestion. Let's hope they maintain a higher standard of cleanliness and food quality.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast