Thread: AirAsia - Australia to Bangkok & Bali Direct

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

AirAsia - Australia to Bangkok & Bali Direct

More info on these future direct routes;

AirAsia versus Jetstar: budget battle looms

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Fingers crossed and good info....

I got the heads up about these fights from my boss a while ago, as well as the AirAsia rep here in Oz, hope they have some cheap launch fares, they probably will.
    G4orce likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I love getting a cheap flight as much as the next person and have flown Jetstar many times. But Im worried with more competition and prices being forced down will we get to a situation were safety will be cut to save money like it is in other countries.
    I hope not, so far I feel safe in the Jetstar planes but I didnt when I flew AA.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I'm not really that concerned about safety. Stats wise you still have a greater chance of dying in a car crash. Even with Qantas 55

But with the Aussie dollar dropping, air fairs are set to rise by around 10%, so hopefully a little competition can offset that.
    G4orce likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The low cost carrier Tiger was grounded here for a while, so some people have their eyes open. Regarding safety, I would be more worried flying to Bali on Garuda, I think they are still banned from flying to Europe. In my job at Melbourne Airport I help service Garuda, Thai, Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia X and Cathay Pacific, in my experience Cathay and AirAsia X have the youngest and best maintained aircraft.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ some pilot mates refuse to fly with Indo pilots as they say their training standards are below par.

Some familiar faces there...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    These have been the safest flight crew I have flown with 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G4orce likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

^ Great movie, one of the funniest IMHO 555

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    The low cost carrier Tiger was grounded here for a while, so some people have their eyes open
    Tiger pilots may take industrial action on Friday regarding being overworked.

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    These have been the safest flight crew I have flown with 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of the classics!

Thai AirAsia X will actually be the airline conducting the direct flights from LOS and have now officially received their Air Operator’s Certificate and are awaiting slots to be allocated at DMK/Bangkok Airport.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    I'd be really interested if AA were going to do MEL-HKT direct.

To me, a direct flight is worth at least $100 premium on the fare.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubbins View Post
    I'd be really interested if AA were going to do MEL-HKT direct.

To me, a direct flight is worth at least $100 premium on the fare.
    I would have thought it should be cheaper if anything as Hkt is closer to MEL than BKK taking in the price of fuel being the biggest cost in Air Travel.

presume related to Bangkok protests/lack of bookings, flight booked for Friday 21 from Bangkok -KL cancelled
    At least 9 days is reasonable notice. The alternative option they have kindly offered arrives KL 12.15am Saturday; won't take that - need to rethink some plans.
    Options are credit to account, refund, or another flight.

Dear Guest,
    We regret to inform you that your AirAsia flight has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.
    Please select any one of our ready options.
    Should you require assistance regarding the above, kindly use our support channels
    Please ensure that you use our options before your departure date (the first flight in your itinerary).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    presume related to Bangkok protests/lack of bookings, flight booked for Friday 21 from Bangkok -KL cancelled
    At least 9 days is reasonable notice. The alternative option they have kindly offered arrives KL 12.15am Saturday; won't take that - need to rethink some plans.
    Options are credit to account, refund, or another flight.
    Probably talking small money for KUL/DMK, but I am having problems getting $1000 out of AA for an agreed refund. Not sure what the problem is, but taken 3 months so far.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

^ the money's no issue, just inconvenience and pleased i don't have a connecting flight (it was a 1000b fare from one of their sales)
    Refunds? Don't make me laugh. I was entitled to a 2800b refund from Air Asia late 2012.
    They agreed.
    But never credited my account.
    But they simply ignored emails etc, ring 'help' line they suggest email, just wrote that off as a bad experience.
    Last edited by Hatari; 13th February 2014 at 21:46.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    ^ the money's no issue, just inconvenience and pleased i don't have a connecting flight (it was a 1000b fare from one of their sales)
    Refunds? Don't make me laugh. I was entitled to a 2800b refund from Air Asia late 2012.
    They agreed.
    But never credited my account.
    But they simply ignored emails etc, ring 'help' line they suggest email, just wrote that off as a bad experience.
    Just got my refund.

They requested my paypal statement to show that I hadn't received the refund. Stupid @#$%'s...very easy to edit if you were trying to pull a swifty. And the d!ck heads couldn't tell me when they had paid me the refund...I wonder why.

Although the paypal statement probably helped resolve things as there were around 20 flights booked in the last 3 months all through AA!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just got my refund.

They requested my paypal statement to show that I hadn't received the refund. Stupid @#$%'s...very easy to edit if you were trying to pull a swifty. And the d!ck heads couldn't tell me when they had paid me the refund...I wonder why.

Although the paypal statement probably helped resolve things as there were around 20 flights booked in the last 3 months all through AA!
    Go back next week and ask for your refund again...

repeat weekly...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Thai AirAsia X is up and runnng now and flying to Korea, it is set to start flying direct to Melbourne in October.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Great News. I am a fan of AA. I love there Hostesses onboard and tbh never had any issues flying AA. I always hated KLIA but would not mind seeing the new KLIA2. To me it doesn't make sence bringing out a direct Melb - BKK flight for AA after opening the new Airport. I though they would want to get more people throught it, not less.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast