Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bangkok airport's + Thai airways

Bangkok airport's + Thai airways

Sawadee krap

Im heading to LOS in April, my first time flying with Thai airways from Sydney and also my first time flying direct to Bangkok. Ive only ever gone with jetstar and direct to Phuket.

Just a couple of questions if anybody could help,

My flight arrives at 3am at Suvarnabhumi Airport, but im planning to head to Phuket asap.
    I found a flight at 6am with Air asia that leaves from Don Mueang airport, So my question is do you think i would make that flight? or should i book a later flight?
    Im not taking any baggage just carry on. Whats immigration like at Bangkok?

Also with Thai airways do you have to pay for food and tv etc like you have to with jetstar?

Thanks in advance

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Thai Airways is a full service airline, no need to pay extra, all inclusive.

You should be able to make your flight, though have no experience of BKK at that time (v. inconvenient, why not fly to Melbourne and get a direct flight to Phuket with Jetstar on the Dreamliner, arrive at 9pm?).

oh man i didnt even think about that, i did look for my usual direct flight from sydney but it was around $1500

I will keep that in mind for my next trip in June, so you can fly direct to Phuket from Melbourne.
    Where else? what about Brisbane?

Melbourne has alot of cheap flights to LOS (JetStar, AirAsia, Virgin), so instead of flying to Asia and looking for a connection if not flying direct, flying to Melbourne then direct to LOS may be worth exploring during the planning stage of a holiday there (my next trip will cost me $450 return to LOS).

Cheers Bawdy i will def keep that in mind, i would love to get a cheap flight like that.

Also whats the dreamliner like?

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    oh man i didnt even think about that, i did look for my usual direct flight from sydney but it was around $1500

I will keep that in mind for my next trip in June, so you can fly direct to Phuket from Melbourne.
    check out AA, they have some serious specials ex Gold Coast

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    I booked the following flights with Thai out of Singapore via their website

Your flight selection
    Singapore to Bangkok

Flight 1 Thursday, February 13, 2014
    confirmed
    Departure: 12:25 Singapore, Singapore - Changi, terminal 1
    Arrival: 13:45 Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International
    Airline: Thai Airways Intl TG404
    Aircraft: Boeing 777-300

Fare type: Ecomomy Promotion(V,W)/Economy Restricted

Bangkok to Singapore

Flight 1 Monday, February 17, 2014
    confirmed
    Departure: 11:30 Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International
    Arrival: 14:50 Singapore, Singapore - Changi, terminal 1
    Airline: Thai Airways Intl TG413
    Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330

Flight payment and ticket
    551.60 SGD total for all travellers

A week before the flight I got the following email:

DEAR SIR,PLEASE BE ADVISED TG404/13FEB SIN-BKK
    NOT OPERATE,YOU ARE REBOOKED ON TG414/13FEB SIN-BKK
    AS PER ABOVE ITINERARY,KINDLY NOTE DEPART TIMING.
    SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCES CAUSED.REGARDS DAISIE/05FEB

I immediately contacted Thai airways and advised them that the change was no good to me as I needed to arrive at the times previously booked (if had wanted the later flight out of Singapore I would have booked that to start with)

Their first response was to say that since it was a promotional fare I was not entitled to a refund if I cancelled it (WTF!!!)

After several calls they relented and have verbally promised a full refund - that was two weeks ago and I am still waiting to get my money back. I do believe I will eventually get my money back.but their whole operation was so amateurish I have finally had enough of them.

Needless to say they will be holding the Winter Olympics in the Sahara before I travel with Thai airways again.

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Cheers Bawdy i will def keep that in mind, i would love to get a cheap flight like that.

Also whats the dreamliner like?
    Even though I see the Dreamliner everyday at work (belonging to both JetStar and Air India), have never been inside though that will change soon as 2 of the airlines we service (Royal Brunei & United Airlines) will be flying their Dreamliners here within a few months.

They are touted as being more comfortable to fly (better airflow, humidity, lighting as well as better economy), though JetStar has added an extra row of seats so that may be negated somewhat!

Fly the JetStar Dreamliner in June, will give it a writeup in my TR.
    Last edited by Bawdy; 24th February 2014 at 20:07.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Sawadee krap

Im heading to LOS in April, my first time flying with Thai airways from Sydney and also my first time flying direct to Bangkok. Ive only ever gone with jetstar and direct to Phuket.

My flight arrives at 3am at Suvarnabhumi Airport, but im planning to head to Phuket asap.
    I found a flight at 6am with Air asia that leaves from Don Mueang airport, So my question is do you think i would make that flight? or should i book a later flight?

Also with Thai airways do you have to pay for food and tv etc like you have to with jetstar?

Thanks in advance
    I was in a similar position late December.
    Thai Airways were great - a much better flying experience than the usual budget carriers I normally use.

I landed at 3:45pm at Suvarnabhumi and was catching a taxi to Amari Don Muang Hotel to stay the night.
    With the current protests and road closures we ended up spending 3 hours in the taxi.
    I would be very cautious with a tight layover under the current circumstances.
    Just my 5 cents worth.

Matto, do you have your heart set on Phuket? What about Pattaya? Even arriving late at BKK you could catch a taxi to Pattaya and still arrive in time for some late night action (even at 3 am many of the well known venues in Bangkok are closed, Pattaya is still pumping and heading South you are avoiding Bangkok city and its problems). Many of us are now Pattaya converts, plenty of action to be found there. You can always fly to Phuket from Pattaya for about $60 later on.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Matto, do you have your heart set on Phuket? What about Pattaya? Even arriving late at BKK you could catch a taxi to Pattaya and still arrive in time for some late night action (even at 3 am many of the well known venues in Bangkok are closed, Pattaya is still pumping and heading South you are avoiding Bangkok city and its problems). Many of us are now Pattaya converts, plenty of action to be found there. You can always fly to Phuket from Pattaya for about $60 later on.
    He is meeting up with his long term GF from memory?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Sawadee krap

Thanks in advance
    If you land at Swampy , just use Thai to get you down to Phuket , a lot less hassle
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    He is meeting up with his long term GF from memory?
    Correct, meeting up with the gf

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    If you land at Swampy , just use Thai to get you down to Phuket , a lot less hassle
    Yeah that was the plan. I'll double check but I think the earliest flight was 8am

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar

$1,500 was that Jetstar Star class? ..In economy Jetstar ive never paid more than $750 and at least its a direct flight without all the extra time and stuffing about with changing flights.
    What ive been doing is Flying over with Jetstar economy and then coming back Star Class because I figure going over your excited about going and can handle Economy better, but coming back its nice to have a bit of luxury when you least feel like flying...plus being a late night flight your a better chance of sleeping.

Just had a look, sydney to phuket direct on the 18th April is $1767 economy just the flight no baggage etc

Looking at flights for my June trip its looking around $750

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Just had a look, sydney to phuket direct on the 18th April is $1767 economy just the flight no baggage etc

Looking at flights for my June trip its looking around $750
    isn't that Good Friday this year?....of course its gonna be expensive being the start of the Easter holidays....also many AUS travellers will extend out and include ANZAC day in their trip....so from mid April until the end is gonna be a peak travel period

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    isn't that Good Friday this year?....of course its gonna be expensive being the start of the Easter holidays....also many AUS travellers will extend out and include ANZAC day in their trip....so from mid April until the end is gonna be a peak travel period
    I could find the Jetstar direct for that date, returning a fortnight later for 1260. Friday is about the most pricey day to travel, let alone good friday. I tell anyone who wants to listen, try to avoid Fridays if you can.... Sunday, Monday and Tuesday's are generally your best bet

For the second half of the month of April, the 18th isn't the most expensive day to travel, but it is very close, only 20 bucks in it... The dearest day is the fri the 25 th. The cheapest? Tuesday the 29th.

On the following Monday, the 21st and returning a fortnight later, the same flights are about 450 cheaper, or 500 cheaper with Air Asia.

Using the "fly S-M-T" logic, my next 2 trips in the next couple of months, one in March to Phuket and one in May to BKK, cost me 505$ return to Phuket with Air Asia, and a real bargain of $670 return to BKK with Emirates. Both return X Sydney...

Fly on the quiet days if you can there are bargains to be had.

As to the OP's question.... arriving 3am at Swampy for a 6am flight at DMK, should be plenty of time. If you are worried about immigration ques, and to be honest, you never can tell there, there could be 5 out of course flights arrive in a 20 minute period just ahead of you, consider using the services of Bangkok Flight Services... Cost you about 25 to 30 bucks for fast tracking thru immigration, and you will be out the front within about 20 minutes of landing, regardless of what the immigration hall crowd is like.
    Last edited by dave01; 25th February 2014 at 15:23.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Yep good friday, thats why i ended up getting a flight Thursday night

dave01 - ill have a look into that. cheers

So i booked this flight through bestjet.com and all of a sudden they sent me a new itinery.They got me a leaving and coming home a day later.

This is the first time ive booked through one of these sites, is this common practice? Do i get any say in it?
    Now i have to take a extra day off work and i also booked my return flight to Phuket from Bangkok already which i will now have to forfeit and lose my money.
    Anybody experienced something like this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast