Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Patong hotels. Without joiner fees.

Platinum

Patong hotels. Without joiner fees.

Is there a thread already on this?mif not what are the hotels everyone recommends that dont charge a joiner fee?

Decent ones for a fair price, I'd say: Summer Breeze, Bangkok Residence, C+N Hotel (all within a couple of minutes walk of Bangla)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    I would recommend sea cono (opposite. Bangkok residence).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I haven't stayed at any hitels before(), but hotelwise I'd be staying at Summer Breeze again if I went back to Patong. There are just so many pluses you can't go wrong. Great prices, the staff are lovely, the food is awesome, you get all your creature comforts, and it's right in the heart of the action whilst being tucked away and quiet at the same time, so you still get a good night's sleep. Just being able to stagger back home at night from Bangla without having to worry about transport is a big plus for me.

Before I discovered SB I used to stay at Kelly's hotel on Nanai. Run by an Aussie bloke called Dan. He's one of those no bullsh*t, old school type of guys. Funny as fuck and will look after you as well. I still went back to say hi to him and drink at his place last time when I was staying at Bill's. He's got a Thai missus with a couple of little kids. They both run the place together. If you end up checking him out I recommend staying on ground floor. His whole place is elevated above street level and the back doors of the ground floor rooms slide open right in front of the pool. It's the sort of place where you can kick back and relax during the day with a drink in your hand, if you like that sort of thing. It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to Bangla or a two minute MB ride.
    Last edited by Bacon; 14th April 2014 at 10:33.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

if your on a budget...Hotel Ginger house is a great place, its run by 2 brothers from italy, depending on the season....rooms start at $20 a night...close to $70 around christmas & NY's. its just of Rat-u-thit Songroipee Rd.. stone throw from Otop market bars.

all rooms (except basic room) have small balcony (handy if your a smoker) also comes with electronic safe. the building itself is 20 year old but it was completely renovated beginning of 2013...when you walk into the rooms feels like your in a brand new hotel

right next to the hotel is an italian restaurant (Zafferano) which is also run by the same people, decent food at a decent price.

Booking.com: Hotel Ginger House , Patong Beach, Thailand - 165 Guest reviews . Book your hotel now!
    Attached Images Attached Images

zen
    Cadet
    I always use C&N or PL House.
    PL house is near Lamai hotel, just off Rat-u-tit, has great staff, newly renovated and only 3 minutes walk to Bangla(usually about 25 a night).
    bobdown48 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ I normally stay in that location as well.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Salathai and Royal Phawadee are two of the more upmarket GF hotels..both very nice and usually in the 2-3K range

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ I normally stay in that location as well.
    Bawdy, is PL in the same street at the Baihpho/Saladee. Also anyone stayed at the Baihpho recently and know if they still have access to the swimming pool at the hotel opposite.

^ Yes, same street, Soi Montana, opposite Christins.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ Yes, same street, Soi Montana, opposite Christins.
    Cheers Bawdy, I know which one it is now

If you want upscale with no joiner fees, BYD Lofts is the place. 15 minute walk from Bangla or 300 baht tuk tuk.

Cadet
    Royal Phawdee is no longer girl friendly 1000 baht joiner fee even when booking double. I stayed there every year till change of owner.
    supersub likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamrock View Post
    Royal Phawdee is no longer girl friendly 1000 baht joiner fee even when booking double. I stayed there every year till change of owner.
    1k baht joiner fee? Good way to lose a lot of business.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Not something that applies to me these days but as a matter of interest, seems to be a lot of changes lately. Many good hotels much cheaper nightly rate than before, but always read the fine print as they will clean up on the joiner fees.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    ^ Salathai is closing down next month , but their sister hotel the Nap , will apperently be GF , it's a little bit further away from Bangla though

Quote Originally Posted by Tamrock View Post
    The nearby Rayaburi had a similar joiner fee for years, maybe catching up.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    If you want upscale with no joiner fees, BYD Lofts is the place. 15 minute walk from Bangla or 300 baht tuk tuk.

High season at BYD is killer.................. if not overpriced. But really nice rooms. I just looked at the cost for my January trip it be near 5000 USD just for room. So a little pricey for a long stay. Short stay in off season would be manageable.
    Last edited by TMTBOUND; 28th April 2015 at 02:18.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    ^ Salathai is closing down next month , but their sister hotel the Nap , will apperently be GF , it's a little bit further away from Bangla though
    I actually like that street a lot
    Close enough to action, close to beach but quiet enough...........ideal really
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    iv been staying at white patong for a while now..on sans sabai..surprising pretty sound proof..and close to the action

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast