Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: B777 fuel consumption -v- B787 Dreamliner

B777 fuel consumption -v- B787 Dreamliner

Boeing recently conducted fuel use comparisons across it's current fleet and the Dreamliner, carrying just 3 pax fewer than a 777, used 30 tonnes less fuel on a Pacific crossing.

30 tonnes less! Back of ciggy pack calc = 30,000 litres ... not a bad saving in dollar terms.

Incidentally, a 777 carries 130 tonnes of fuel in total. 60T in belly tank and 35T each wing.

Consumption [per seat] is similar to its predecessor, the 747, at ~ 2.8L per 100km's.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    When the United Dreamliner flew its 1st flight into Mel last month I spoke to one of the Supervisors as I did the water service, noting the ice in the system. He said the Dreamliner flies a bit higher than the other airliners (34 000 ft?) and is designed to fly higher and faster as well, coming in "like a hammer" was his expression. He said they left LAX 30 min late, but arrived 7 min early, passing 3 other aircraft (including a 777) on the route.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    higher than the other airliners (34 000 ft?)
    I thought typical long haul was to cruise at around 38-39,000' after some fuel load is burnt off?

They certainly seem a very economical aircraft.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I thought typical long haul was to cruise at around 38-39,000' after some fuel load is burnt off?

They certainly seem a very economical aircraft.
    Correct. Typo on Bawdy's behalf perhaps as 787's can go as high as 43,000 feet.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!