Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: First trip to Pattaya, taxi help.

zen
    Cadet

First trip to Pattaya, taxi help.

In a couple of weeks time I will be going to Pattaya for the first time, I've been a Phuket regular for years, but thought it's about time to try something different.....from what I read here I should be in for an interesting trip !!!
    I will be arriving at Don Mueang airport at about 2pm., what's the best way to get a taxi from there, and how much should I expect to pay?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    most seem to use ...

Mr T.
    Tel: 038 720318
    Mobile: 0812587716 (0813513612)
    Email: mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

ask them how much,shouldn't be more than 1200baht.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Hi Zen,
    I used Mr T taxi service in Patts. They meet you at the gate and then take you out to a normal car. All the ones I have had have been near new and good quality. Usually have a couple of bottles of cold water for you and price includes tolls.

Last time Patts to DM (was a few years ago) cost was 1,200 B (Swampy is only 1,000B) but I would think some other BM's will have an updated figure

Here is a link Book a Taxi To Pattaya From Bangkok Airport
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Moo I'll have to learn to type faster 555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Or just get a meter taxi. Is pretty much same price.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    Or just get a meter taxi. Is pretty much same price.
    If you don't pre-book with anyone then simply join the queue for the meter taxis (on the left as you leave the terminal) and tell them at the counter where you want to go. I reckon it would be closer to 1500 baht these days from DM once you include the airport charge (50b?) and tolls. The other cheap charlie thing about not pre-booking is the 50% chance of finding someone else in the queue to share a taxi with (Excuse us mate, you going to Patts?).... but if Mr T is still doing it for 1200 that's a bargain ..

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

The only thing with taking a cab from the airport rank, there is two actually, 1st is a lot of the BKK cabs are worn out older models so an hour and a half or more trip in a rattly vynal seat cab as against a near new nicely appointed car. The last one I was picked up at Swampy was a 3 month old Toyota Rav 4.Still had the new car smell 5555

The 2nd thing is finding your way around Patts, Mr T's drivers live and work there, they know where the streets go, where the accommodation places are. The time I made a rush decision and left here in a day I didn't book him (Forgot) and on arrival at Swampy was conned by some taxi touts we were put in a private car so the trip was comfortaable but the driver had only been to Patts twice before he was lost, I had to direct him.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Mr T is 1k to Patts and 900 baht back to Swampy , I used them for years , no real issues , cars were sometimes old and a few drivers erratic ... So started using Tan Taxi , she and another girl are the drivers , seem to drive a bit more carefully than the guys I've had , slightly more expensive at 1,300 than other firms , but I was happy with the service

edit just noticed taxi is from DM , Rates should be about 500 more than Swampy
    Last edited by Stillearly; 2nd February 2015 at 19:43.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Get the hotel to book. Safest and easiest option.

Else Mr T.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I use PT Taxi, 1200 Bt from DMK to Pattaya.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    The only thing with taking a cab from the airport rank, there is two actually, ....
    Don't forget the cheapest and fastest DM taxi rank of them all - the unofficial taxi rank - as favored by airport staff - I used it regularly back when DM was the only airport and confirmed it is still in operation just last April.

Take the stairs from the arrivals area that lead to the railway station / Amari Hotel exit and up into a covered in walkway that exits into both the railway station and the Amari airport hotel on the other side of the motorway.

Once up in the walkway there is a doorway on your left - a fire exit like doorway leading to a metal stairway that takes you down onto the motorway.

At the bottom of the stairs is a small assembly area/break down bay that will often have up to 3 taxis waiting there - since they are on the motorway and not in the airport they (and you) avoid the 50 or so baht airport charge.

If there are no taxis waiting then the first one coming down the motorway will pull in - usually before you get halfway down the stairs!

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

zen
    Cadet
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone, I've just received an email from Mr.T quoting 1200 bt. so will probably go with that.