Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Qantas to resume Perth to Singapore route ... but not in style!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Qantas to resume Perth to Singapore route ... but not in style!

Something for us Perth WA based members....

Qantas Perth-Singapore Boeing 737 flights - Australian Business Traveller

Qantas will run the route on a compact Boeing 737-800 aircraft instead of the big Airbus A330. The Boeing 737 is a single-aisle workhorse mostly seen darting between Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane...

Launch fares from $199

Qantas will mark the launch with one-way economy fares from $199 going on sale at 10.30am WST (12.30pm EST) Friday April 17 to 9.50pm WST (11.50pm EST) Tuesday April 28 or until sold out.

Not really something that has me as excited as it could have ... the 737-800 can be a horrid cramped trip anywhere if the cabin is more than 80% full ...

Thoughts?

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ I hate 737s, we service one at Melbourne Airport, Air Pacific to Fiji, we have to load the bags and cargo into the hold by hand, very labour intensive, we all hate it, yes a small aircraft.

I think a similar aircraft was involved recently when a guy fell asleep in the hold, the plane took off and returned to Seattle when the passengers heard frantic banging from below their seats!!!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I always took this flight when it was going before. I had almost 3 mil Qantus points so would fly for free. Good news for me more free trips.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I always took this flight when it was going before. I had almost 3 mil Qantus points so would fly for free. Good news for me more free trips.
    Yeah but it was an A330 before. Its a crappy 737 now.
    3 hours is about my limit in one of them. 5 hours plus? No thanks. Especially the stupid o'clock return trip.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Recently had a return flight with Scoot from Perth to Singaopre and had the Dreamliner on the way back (supposed to be both ways, but a problem on the way out and had an older plane for the 1st trip). Very impressed with the Dreamliner as a plane, plus you can upgrade to the "Quiet Area" 6 rows behind business that is separated off from Economy.
    Best thing was that you can upgrade onboard if you want to for Business or Quiet Area if there are seats available. Is great if you get surrounded by a family of screaming kids like I had on the way back. Cost 40 Singapore Dollars and ended up with a row of 3 seats to myself.
    Do not think a 5 hour trip on a 737 would be one of my favorite trips.