• 1 Post By wabbits
  • 2 Post By Cuzzy
  • 1 Post By Cuzzy
  • 2 Post By Cuzzy
  • 1 Post By Tingtong

Thread: Brisbane to Bangkok - Dreamliner

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Brisbane to Bangkok - Dreamliner

I recently received an email from Thai Airways to say they are putting a Dreamliner on the daily Brisbane to Bangkok route later this month, there a great plane and should make some of our BM's happy..............

Daily flights between Brisbane and Bangkok commencing 25 Oct '15 with connections to Europe, the Indian Subcontinent, North Asia, Indochina and domestic Thailand....

THAI's new Boeing 787 'Dreamliner' aircraft features the latest aircraft design technology giving your clients a Smooth as silk journey.

Flight schedule from Brisbane and Perth to Bangkok

Brisbane flights commencing 25 Oct '15
    Perth flights currently operating

Features:

B787_Features
    Mood lighting that changes throughout the flight for a more soothing journey.
    Smoother rides with new technology that reduces turbulence and lessens motion sickness.
    Large windows with electromagnetic shades.
    Cabin and seat controls can automatically darken or lighten the window glass.
    THAI's most advanced in-seat entertainment systems
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I like 'em.... been on 787's a few times. This may sound silly, but heading west, the 747's are quicker... not so much coming home. The 10:00 am flight leaves 15 minutes behind the direct QANTAS QF23, an A330, and beats it into BKK by about 20 minutes.... 4 engines against 2?

I am flying SYD-BKK on the 25th, AFAIK, it is still a good old 747. I wonder if they are going to put a 787 on that run, eventually? I notice there are now 2 direct flights from Sydney with Thai, one at 10:00 am and one at 22:00. The 22:00 job used to only run a couple of times per week.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Cadet Gold
    Was on a Thai Airways 787 last month, seats were pretty comfortable.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    I will be on the 787 out of Brisbane the 14 th November, looking forward to it.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I didn't really see the big deal about them when I flew on JAL
    Maybe a bit more quiet but that was it

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I liked the them for the quieter cabin , The air inside seemed better, The entertainment thing in back of seat instead of the crap hand held things, actually I think its just a great Aircraft.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I still miss flying in Focker Frienships....
    Cuzzy likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    I went on it as well with Thai from Perth to BKK. The seating was good and had good entertainment section. Sat and watched a review of last season's EPL. Do not think I will be watching Chelsea pick up the trophy in next years review 55555.
    I enjoyed both flights as there was only 2 people in my row both ways to and from BKK. Flew on Scoot's ones as well to Singapore in March.

One thing I did notice and that was on the way back from Singapore, that they had the seatbelt lights on for 2 periods for about 30-40 mins and at no time in those periods did I feel one bit of turbulance. If there was any about, the plane rode very smoothly through it as I never felt a thing.

If Thai get competitive on price the new service could be a winner. Jetstar service BKK to Mel is OK and I did sin to akl for 470 aud. Even scored empty seats either side. 787 is marginally quieter than 777 but nothing special in jetstar configuration and 2" less seat pitch than AirAsia a330 service .... Gold coast to CNX @ 400 aud hard to beat.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I still miss flying in Focker Frienships....
    Meet the Fockers 555

They used to do most of the Domestic service here in NZ. Them and Vickers Viscounts if I remeber correctly.

Last year I got a ride on a 787, Syd - AKL. Was booked on a 767 but they put the 787 on, was in the Silver Fern livery, 2nd commercial flight for this particular aircraft. Got bumped from cattle to Bus as I have been a long time Airpoints member, most enjoyable. Smelt like a new car and I don't get to experience that often.
    wabbits and Moo Uaon like this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    If Thai get competitive on price the new service could be a winner. Jetstar service BKK to Mel is OK and I did sin to akl for 470 aud. Even scored empty seats either side. 787 is marginally quieter than 777 but nothing special in jetstar configuration and 2" less seat pitch than AirAsia a330 service .... Gold coast to CNX @ 400 aud hard to beat.
    Flying with Thai direct to Bangkok Rob, return $814.00 it doesn't get much better 55

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    Meet the Fockers 555

They used to do most of the Domestic service here in NZ. Them and Vickers Viscounts if I remeber correctly.

Last year I got a ride on a 787, Syd - AKL. Was booked on a 767 but they put the 787 on, was in the Silver Fern livery, 2nd commercial flight for this particular aircraft. Got bumped from cattle to Bus as I have been a long time Airpoints member, most enjoyable. Smelt like a new car and I don't get to experience that often.
    As a kid my parents used to pack me on a Friendship up to Whangari to stay with my Gran every school hols.
    Ever land at Whangarai airport its exciting...Especially as a kid.

As a kid my parents used to pack me on a Friendship up to Whangari to stay with my Gran every school hols.
    What years are you talking Wabs? Ive got a Small airport near me (Albion Airport) where there is a air museum and they have show days and when they fly , they come along the coast near my house. Cool to see the Focker's still flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    What years are you talking Wabs? Ive got a Small airport near me (Albion Airport) where there is a air museum and they have show days and when they fly , they come along the coast near my house. Cool to see the Focker's still flying.
    1975 to about 80 from memory was far better than the old Railway buses than ran around NZ at the time.5555
    As a kid it felt really special.5555
    Now its a sky bus trip quicker and cheaper the better...

Not Whangarei... Mum and Dad split when I was 3. Dad flew me from Akl to Wlg mmost school hols unless he came to pick me up and take me to the rellies at Kaipara or Victoria Valley up north. Some of my fondest memories, being taken onto the plane by the lovely hosties. Even got to sit up front with the boss on many occasions. Defo a no no now... not even for a kid. Unless of course you are a pretty blonde 20 something flying on an Asian carrier.
    wabbits likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

^^Dad had a farm on the road to Kaipara harbour i loved it up there not far from Kaikohe.

^^Dad had a farm on the road to Kaipara harbour i loved it up there not far from Kaikohe.
    My uncle Bill was the Headmaster at Kaikohe for a while.

Used to drive through Kaikohe often on the way to visit Mum when she lived in Rawene. Always stopped at Moerewa and bought some meat from the shop at the Meat Works.

Spent many happy times there with the ex and the kids. Dropping a net in the Hokianga in the evening rising tide and pulling out huge fat flounder, snapper, and mullet.. going out in the dinghy pulling big lumps of Pacific oysters off the mangroves, sticking your arm up a hole in the mud banks and pulling out a big fat eel, good for the smoker in the back yard. An old upright cabinet style dryer, gutted.. racks fitted and sitting atop a 2 mtr long tunnel from a smoke box. Not to far from the hangi pit. Many Sunday afternoons at Sunday School - the local euphimism for a pissup that included a boil up or BBQ and flagons of OPG. Arggh them's were the days.
    wabbits and Tingtong like this.

Ooops... I meant he was Headmaster at Kaipara.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    My 1st flight was in 1962 i think it was, it was on a FF. TAA I think it was, had a system at the time called Mystery Flights where you bought a ticket, it was relatively cheap, like 1/4 normal price and you arrived at check in and you were put on whatever plane had spare seats.

It was only for flights inside NSW and it was an outgoing and straight return all in the same day. It was a lucky dip, you could have gotten the flight to Bathurst and been back a couple of hours

Dad bought Mum and I tickets for our Xmas presents, I think I was 8 yrs old and we turned up and finished up on one to Cooma down south of Canberra near the snowy.

We had been going for about an hour and the captain announced we would be landing at Mascot in a Min please remain on the plane.
    Turned out the plane had some small fault but they didn't have the equipment to fix it at Cooma so they turned back. Then we were supposed to get out at Cooma and wait for the plane to continue over the border to Albury and return but they decided to let us stay on so we got to fly over the top of the Snowy Mountains and the Hydro Majestic Power plants and dams being built.

It was almost dark when we got back to Mascot, we had a full day on the plane and a great eye opener for an 8 yr old

Wish they still had the mystery flights, a great cheap way to give kids the experience of flying and not knowing where you were going to be going to made it that extra bit of an adventure.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

I remember the mystery flights. Never did one. My luck I would have got a flight over lakemba mosque 5555
    Moo Uaon likes this.