Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: London/BKK

  1. #1
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,131

    London/BKK

    Just booked a direct flight from London to Bangkok for 453 in April 2016. All 3 airlines were offered at that price, Eva, Thai and BA. The same thing happened last year but I delayed my purchase, and ended up paying 600. lol.
    KRIS-ONE likes this.

  2. #2
    Platinum do ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Just booked a direct flight from London to Bangkok for 453 in April 2016. All 3 airlines were offered at that price, Eva, Thai and BA. The same thing happened last year but I delayed my purchase, and ended up paying 600. lol.
    which airline did you chose mate- is it just after songkran or before?
    there are some good deals from UK if you keep on your eye open- i got heathrow - phuket return 23rd of december/8th jan for 460- with china airlines , 4 hour stopover but hey $$$$$$

  3. #3
    Cadet Gold mechime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    341
    Got EVA end of April 2016~ LHR-BKK then return CNX-BKK-LHR mid June, internal flight PG, for 496 with short total times; now a day or two either way the price did not change much but the sectors went up another 3 hours; B.A were similar but their timing out of CNX was crack of crows for me to get there; also EVA is now giving 30Kg check-in since 1st Nov, my Jan to Mar on EVA LHR-CNX return was 497 with card fee through an agent though it was booked when 20Kg was the normal.
    Thai was nowhere this price near but B.A. was available to get there for songkran. I find Thai give better deals nearer the flight date than what I booked these at; have Thai LHR~CNX return start next week for 497 through yet another agent.
    Last edited by mechime; 8th November 2015 at 21:01.

  4. #4
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by do ron View Post
    which airline did you chose mate- is it just after songkran or before?
    there are some good deals from UK if you keep on your eye open- i got heathrow - phuket return 23rd of december/8th jan for 460- with china airlines , 4 hour stopover but hey $$$$$$
    I picked BA again. Their timings suit me better. Out of the 3, I least prefer BA. Less leg room,slightly longer flight and ugly air stewardesses 555, but the timings from Heathrow and returning fit my plans. It takes me 4 hours to get to heathrow to start with.
    I leave on the 9th April so will be there around Songkran. I also checked the prices for June and they too came back at 453. Happy Days!

  5. #5
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by mechime View Post
    Got EVA end of April 2016~ LHR-BKK then return CNX-BKK-LHR mid June, internal flight PG, for 496 with short total times; now a day or two either way the price did not change much but the sectors went up another 3 hours; B.A were similar but their timing out of CNX was crack of crows for me to get there; also EVA is now giving 30Kg check-in since 1st Nov, my Jan to Mar on EVA LHR-CNX return was 497 with card fee through an agent though it was booked when 20Kg was the normal.
    Thai was nowhere this price near but B.A. was available to get there for songkran. I find Thai give better deals nearer the flight date than what I booked these at; have Thai LHR~CNX return start next week for 497 through yet another agent.
    Sounds like a good plan and a bargain price!

  6. #6
    Platinum do ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I picked BA again. Their timings suit me better. Out of the 3, I least prefer BA. Less leg room,slightly longer flight and ugly air stewardesses 555, but the timings from Heathrow and returning fit my plans. It takes me 4 hours to get to heathrow to start with.
    I leave on the 9th April so will be there around Songkran. I also checked the prices for June and they too came back at 453. Happy Days!
    ya i try an avoid BA aswell

  7. #7
    GMT
    GMT is offline
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    63
    For what it's worth ... now that the 'Winter Schedules' are in effect, Thai Airways are back to operating two flights per day between Bangkok and London. Over the Summer months there has been just one flight per day - TG910/TG911 in the morning - operated by their new Airbus A380.

    They now have their second daily flight operating again - TG916/TG917 - using Boeing 777-200 aircraft. This flight departs from Bangkok in the early afternoon and gets to London at about 7pm; it leaves London at about 10pm and gets back to Bangkok at about 5pm the next day.

  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,131
    The prices are still good at the moment. So tempting that I've book two more trips for this year. 555
    429 in Oct 16 and 434 for June 16, both direct with Eva Air. A few years back I was paying 650 for the same flight.
    Quarky likes this.

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,546
    I can't remember the last time I paid more than 450 from the UK to BKK.... with Emirates...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #10
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I can't remember the last time I paid more than 450 from the UK to BKK.... with Emirates...
    The in-direct flights are always cheaper. About 380 at present I think.

  11. #11
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    The in-direct flights are always cheaper. About 380 at present I think.
    That's a good price. I don't mind the 2 hour break in Dubai... lets me stretch my legs and reduce the chance of thrombosis... 55
    Rockitt and Moo Uaon like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,808
    So many deals on at the moment but none for high season. Does anyone ever see reduced fares for December/January? I guess not due to that being the most expensive time to go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,546
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    So many deals on at the moment but none for high season. Does anyone ever see reduced fares for December/January? I guess not due to that being the most expensive time to go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I paid around 440 last time I went just before Christmas (2014)... stayed two weeks over new year etc... I only booked it last minute as well.. about a week before...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I paid around 440 last time I went just before Christmas (2014)... stayed two weeks over new year etc... I only booked it last minute as well.. about a week before...


    That's a good price. I think I've paid around the same on previous years but a lot of the flights on kayak now are via some agencies which I've not used before like TravelUp, so not sure whether to wait.

    I've used ebookers before but otherwise prefer to book directly. I think I will try to book by June.

  15. #15
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,546
    I use Kayak every time now.. think it was Netflights I ended up going through last time...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  16. #16
    Cadet silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    175
    Just bumping this thread as considering taking a flight from LHR next time (hopefully in late Summer/Autumn), rather than BHX.

    EVA are having a sale at the moment. Mid 400s for a direct flight seems great value and the airline gets decent reviews. Only downer for me is it's a night flight from LHR and I don't like night flights. Pretty unavoidable when you're looking for cheap options though 55

    Just curious what other airlines you guys have used for the London-Bkk (or anywhere else to Bkk for that matter) trip.

    China Southern Airlines are crazy cheap occasionally (mid-low 300's i've seen) but they don't appear to be one of the better airlines.

    Emirates was great last time (as always) but my whole trip from Birmingham-Bkk took in the region of 16-18 (2 x 7 hour flights and 3 hr stop over) hours all in.

    Other options can probably shave a few hours offf that (especially direct).

    I've not allegiance to any airline, though I have got an Emirates air miles account now but, given how often I fly long haul, the points would have expired by the time I have enough to get anything back 555

    Long haul i've probably only flew with 4-5 airlines in total so don't mind trying a new one(s).

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,730
    look at Thai , they still fly twice a day from LHR ( midday and evening ) and leave ( lunchtime and midnight )

    if you are flying Economy avoid British Airways
    chiefbrody likes this.

  18. #18
    Cadet silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    175
    Yup. Considering Thai. Best flight time, imo. Midday. Get to BKK early. Get some sleep �� n the afternoon then hit the town thst night 55.

    They're 150-200 more than the cheapies though so just weighing it up whether to pay the extra.

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    look at Thai , they still fly twice a day from LHR ( midday and evening ) and leave ( lunchtime and midnight )

    if you are flying Economy avoid British Airways


    I've only ever used BA for short European flights say to Amsterdam. Heard nothing but horror stories for long haul flights.

    Going to be booking my high season trip soon. Prices seemed to be extra high last year. Usually pay around 500-700 but last year I think I paid around 900.

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,730
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I've only ever used BA for short European flights say to Amsterdam. Heard nothing but horror stories for long haul flights.

    Going to be booking my high season trip soon. Prices seemed to be extra high last year. Usually pay around 500-700 but last year I think I paid around 900.
    only flown long haul with BA in economy once , from Rio to London , service was terrible , it drops off a cliff once you leave Business tbh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •