Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Always stay at Summer Breeze Hotel - Patong

Always stay at Summer Breeze Hotel - Patong

It's not just GF.... it's a friendly and a fun place to stay. Bill and his staff greet and care for you like family, food and service is second to none!

Located in Soi Sansabai, just 50m from Bangla Rd bars and nightlife, JungCeylon shopping centre is just behind SBH, making it very handy if staying with wife or g/f.

The restaurant and bar opens onto the busy soi and is a great place to sit and chat or surf the 'net whilst enjoying a cold drink. There's a superb pool just 100m away.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    This place is always recommended, I will have to give it a try on my next trip to Patong. When I was there I stayed at the C&N, which was ok, but rather impersonal. Not bad, but not great.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    This place is always recommended, I will have to give it a try on my next trip to Patong. When I was there I stayed at the C&N, which was ok, but rather impersonal. Not bad, but not great.
    Summerbreeze is a great place to stay, the rooms are a bit dated and a small bathroom would be the only negative things I could think of, but it makes up for it with other things like Location, great staff, good food, make sure you introduce yourself to the owner Bill, good bloke.

Rock & Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Summerbreeze is a great place to stay, the rooms are a bit dated and a small bathroom would be the only negative things I could think of, but it makes up for it with other things like Location, great staff, good food, make sure you introduce yourself to the owner Bill, good bloke.
    Agree with pretty much all Rivo says. SB has a well-deserved and well earned great reputation, with a very loyal almost cult following of return customers.

But there are other places to stay, even on that same soi, that really aren't bad. A friend last year told me he was unable to get a room at SB and stayed at another place a few doors away. (Don't remember which one.) Said the rooms were just as nice or nicer, was a bit cheaper per night, and he was still able to eat and hang out at SB when he wanted.

Hey Rocker, where are you, in Patong?
    I've looked at most of the comparative hotels in Soi Sansabai and within 100m of Bangla. Agree with Vanguy, C & N is very impersonal, cold! As for SBH competitors, there's nothing that really compares. One prominent competitor promotes misleading prices which do NOT include vat and service charges... I hate those kind of deceptive practises.
    A couple of others are very noisy as close to construction works, another has BIG rooms but crappy beds and absolutely no ambience. One I do know that is nice, very clean and modern, slightly cheaper than SBH ... has no food service, very poor shower pressure and no shower curtains so EVERYTHING gets wet - both standard and deluxe! Frankly, if comes down to price I'd ask Bill if he'll match the other, assuming SBH has availability.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    IMHO SB is OK if you need old fashioned, GF and close to Bangla.
    Last few trips have preferred newer places.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I agree with Rob, the staff and food are great, and the happy hour has a good vibe.

The thing i didn't like is the noise, I guess it is common as most places have tiled floors and the girls shoes going up and down the stairs eccoed so loudly.

I also was in a room at the back on the first floor, over the kitchen and every morning there was what sounded like beer kegs being tossed around. Not great after only a couple of hours sleep.

The location is excelent, I didn't check out any other places so have no idea what they are like.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I agree with Rob, the staff and food are great, and the happy hour has a good vibe.

The thing i didn't like is the noise, I guess it is common as most places have tiled floors and the girls shoes going up and down the stairs eccoed so loudly.

I also was in a room at the back on the first floor, over the kitchen and every morning there was what sounded like beer kegs being tossed around. Not great after only a couple of hours sleep.

The location is excelent, I didn't check out any other places so have no idea what they are like.
    Is that 205? Yes, the one above kitchen can be noisy. Summer suites at front or rear are best, away from stairs. We might suggest to Bill that girls remove shoes and deposit with Somsak upon registering their ID cards
    Cheers, Rob.

What I like best about the Summer Breeze is the lack of a lift. I tend to eat too much on holiday... but a few laps running up and down those stairs is a great work-out... and if you're feeling really adventurous, run from the bottom to the top with a TG on your back... and her high-heeled shoes on your feet. Oh.. and do it drunk! 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    What I like best about the Summer Breeze is the lack of a lift. I tend to eat too much on holiday... but a few laps running up and down those stairs is a great work-out... and if you're feeling really adventurous, run from the bottom to the top with a TG on your back... and her high-heeled shoes on your feet. Oh.. and do it drunk! 555
    NOW I know why it was so noisy!!! 55555

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Hahaha, i did have to catch a drunk TG as she flew down the stairs.
    Was a good laugh as no one got hurt ;-)

Rock & Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Hey Rocker, where are you, in Patong?
    I've looked at most of the comparative hotels in Soi Sansabai and within 100m of Bangla. Agree with Vanguy, C & N is very impersonal, cold! As for SBH competitors, there's nothing that really compares. One prominent competitor promotes misleading prices which do NOT include vat and service charges... I hate those kind of deceptive practises.
    A couple of others are very noisy as close to construction works, another has BIG rooms but crappy beds and absolutely no ambience. One I do know that is nice, very clean and modern, slightly cheaper than SBH ... has no food service, very poor shower pressure and no shower curtains so EVERYTHING gets wet - both standard and deluxe! Frankly, if comes down to price I'd ask Bill if he'll match the other, assuming SBH has availability.
    Yeah KR I'm in Patong. Don't do hotels anymore though... 555. But the friend I mentioned that stayed on Sansabai was pretty happy with his room. SB was his first choice but full, so he had to grab a quick alternative and found a place close by. I don't remember the place, may have been one of the Orchid guest houses (I think there's two on Sansabai), but definitely was not Yorkshire.

Anyway, I guess it all depends on your expectations for a hotel. For me personally when I was coming for holidays here, as long as it's cheap but clean, has A/C, is gf, and has a good location I'm happy. I'm not all that fussy about someplace where I really don't spend a lot of time. Some people are a lot fussier about their hotels than I am though. 555 Can't blame them, it's part of the whole holiday experience I suppose.

That said, you can't go wrong with Summer Breeze. It's a great friendly place, well run, great value for your baht, and conveniently located. Definitely worth going with the suite rooms even though it's a hike up those stairs when mao. I stayed one time in a cheaper smaller room (short stay and I didn't care), and it was a bit clammy, crowded, and had no window to the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Roll View Post
    Yeah KR I'm in Patong. Don't do hotels anymore though... 555. But the friend I mentioned that stayed on Sansabai was pretty happy with his room. SB was his first choice but full, so he had to grab a quick alternative and found a place close by. I don't remember the place, may have been one of the Orchid guest houses (I think there's two on Sansabai), but definitely was not Yorkshire.

Anyway, I guess it all depends on your expectations for a hotel. For me personally when I was coming for holidays here, as long as it's cheap but clean, has A/C, is gf, and has a good location I'm happy. I'm not all that fussy about someplace where I really don't spend a lot of time. Some people are a lot fussier about their hotels than I am though. 555 Can't blame them, it's part of the whole holiday experience I suppose.

That said, you can't go wrong with Summer Breeze. It's a great friendly place, well run, great value for your baht, and conveniently located. Definitely worth going with the suite rooms even though it's a hike up those stairs when mao. I stayed one time in a cheaper smaller room (short stay and I didn't care), and it was a bit clammy, crowded, and had no window to the outside.
    I find the Summer Suite rooms a bit claustrophobic around the bed area... I prefer the Superior rooms as they feel bigger... even though the suites are bigger with a lounge area... but that bed squeezed away around the corner I find annoying...
    Dupree likes this.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Same same me ! i prefer the superior suites as well ! Great value with plenty of space . Im about to book one now actually lol.

michlecotty
    Summer Wind is a great place to stay, rooms a little dated and a small bathroom, this is the only negative thing I can think of, but it makes up for it with other things, such as location, great staff, good food, Make sure you introduce yourself to the owner Bill, a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by michlecotty View Post
    Summer Wind is a great place to stay, rooms a little dated and a small bathroom, this is the only negative thing I can think of, but it makes up for it with other things, such as location, great staff, good food, Make sure you introduce yourself to the owner Bill, a good guy.
    Where is Summer Wind located? Funny it has the same owner name "Bill" as the Summer Breeze?

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    Staying in the Summer Suite for a couple of weeks at the end of the month.

My third stay at SB and will not be my last. Staff are fantastic and great location! Enjoy sitting at the front tables around 7pm checking out the talent on their way to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    Staying in the Summer Suite for a couple of weeks at the end of the month.

My third stay at SB and will not be my last. Staff are fantastic and great location! Enjoy sitting at the front tables around 7pm checking out the talent on their way to work!
    Not bad at 7am either, watching them limp home .... lol
    Cheers, Rob.

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    Yep! 555

Maye 3 - 4am ish is a good time to see them walking in the other direction!!

I agree, SB has the most comfortable beds as well, not concrete blocks like some hotels.
    I am no-one in Australia and a VIP in Thailand. I pick the latter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast