Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Luggage Question - Thai Airways

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Luggage Question - Thai Airways

I have a quick question regards how much luggage can I book on a flight from Perth to Bangkok with Thai Airways, I know the max weight limit for checked luggage is 30kg, is that in 1 x bag or can I check in 2 x bags with a total weight under 30kg ?

I will also have my usual 7kg carry on bag.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I think 2 bags will be fine mate.. My mate had no issue when we flew with them from Sydney in October
    Rivo likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Maximum combined weight of all pieces must be less than 30kgs
    Rivo likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

^ I tried reading there terms & conditions earlier today 555, I couldnt find the specific answer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Anything over about 25kg per bag gets a HEAVY tag so two bags would be doing them a favour...555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^ I tried reading there terms & conditions earlier today 555, I couldnt find the specific answer.
    2 bags under 30 Kg will be fine mate. Had that scenario many times!!!!

Have a good and safe trip and inspect your building endeavours.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Have a good and safe trip and inspect your building endeavours.

Cheers Jonty, im also meeting a guy from work up in Chiang Mai, his first trip to Thailand, recently seperated and loves motorbikes so im looking forward to showing him about, hopefully fit in a few overnight motorbike rides with young Norabunga aswell.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Good info thanks...

I searched Thai Airways Baggage Policy. Although it doesn't specifically state what you posted it is hinted at.

I'm looking at options for later in the year when the girls come over.

Trying to find info on Companion Fares as well but it seems buried deep. I might call the Auckland office and ask them.
    Gazmac likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Max allowed on your ticket with Thai air is 30kg regardless of how many bags.

However every airline has a max 32kg allowance for a single bag. That means if one bag is over 32kg regardless of excess charges over your 30kg allowance they will not put it on the plane.

This is to do with heavy handling for the poor guy carrying your bag. We struggle getting our bike bags under 30kg.

Of late I have noticed airlines checking carry on and some airlines are now weighing it as well as lady's hand bags.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    rivo i never have that problem going to thailand 555555..the wine can be a problem thou 555555

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    rivo i never have that problem going to thailand 555555..the wine can be a problem thou 555555

One day you'll settle down Meese and have a Thai missus and then your bags will be at around 30kg 555

I should mention there was no issue at all with having 2 x checked in bags (both had some wine inside 555) at about 27kg and hand luggage of 7kg, maybe 10kg was Rivo's clothes, the remainder was for the boss and the kids 555
    Gazmac and meese like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I should mention there was no issue at all with having 2 x checked in bags (both had some wine inside 555) at about 27kg and hand luggage of 7kg, maybe 10kg was Rivo's clothes, the remainder was for the boss and the kids 555
    BNE > BKK on Thai with 1 x 32kg and 1 x 30.3kg bag no problem yesterday. We also had at least 15kg in carry on fragile items.

The scheduled 777 service was replaced with a 787, probably due to poor pax loadings and we had a fabulous flight home. Food and wines ex BNE were superb, staff attentive, movies all good and we arrived 30 mins early. An enjoyable 8 hour flight.

Our checked bags not only contained tools like an angle grinder but also 3.5kg of cheese (Tasty and triple cream Brie), kalamata olives, Aldi tinned mackeral, red wines and a new blender!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    BNE > BKK on Thai with 1 x 32kg and 1 x 30.3kg bag no problem yesterday. We also had at least 15kg in carry on fragile items.

The scheduled 777 service was replaced with a 787, probably due to poor pax loadings and we had a fabulous flight home. Food and wines ex BNE were superb, staff attentive, movies all good and we arrived 30 mins early. An enjoyable 8 hour flight.
    i thought they always flew that route with the 787?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    i thought they always flew that route with the 787?
    Depends on the day and time. Outbound was 787 but our return was e-ticketed as 777 and seats booked accordingly. Smaller 787 being more economical it makes sense to use it exclusively.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

i thought there was only one flight/day each way BNE-BKK? leaves BNE 14.00 and BKK 23.59....certainly the only option when you search their booking site ATM.

1080 and some of my family use it and was always 787 these days.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 3rd April 2016 at 14:25.

i thought there was only one flight/day each way BNE-BKK? leaves BNE 14.00 and BKK 23.59....certainly only the option when you search their booking site ATM.

Those are correct times and I also though it was a 787 service both ways. When we booked in January it was 787 outbound and 777 inbound according to TG's schedule and ticketing. I even looked at booking different days and could have (in theory) booked 777 service both ways. Perhaps Thai had planned for an increase in pax numbers ... I don't know.
    Cheers, Rob.

i thought there was only one flight/day each way BNE-BKK? leaves BNE 14.00 and BKK 23.59....certainly only the option when you search their booking site ATM.

Here's the booking info copy/paste:

Brisbane to Bangkok
    Flight 1 Monday, March 28, 2016
    confirmed
    Departure: 14:00 Brisbane, Australia - Brisbane, terminal I
    Arrival: 20:20 Bangkok, Thailand - Suvarnabhumi International
    Airline Thai Airways International TG 474
    Aircraft: Boeing 777-200/300
    Fare type: Economy Restricted
    Cheers, Rob.

Another Luggage question..........................my next trip I have been instructed to take about 7kg's of towels, yes im taking towels to Thailand 555...............anyway whats the best way to pack them ?..........I need like a throw away or cheap jumbo bag, any suggestions ?

I bought most of my stuff home in a big multi coloured plastic type bag that weighed FA. Coulda chucked it to you the other day 555

Any sort of biggish plastic bag taped up would do the job?
    Rivo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast