Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What website do you use to book flights-accommodation

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

What website do you use to book flights-accommodation

I'm considering sneaking in a short Phuket trip with the GF next week before she goes back to Uni. However the flights are expensive at the moment.

I normally use the Airasia and Thai air sites as well as Expedia. Checked them all and the flights are around $1,000AUD each.

So what booking sites do you use? Anyone know any good flights or even flight-hotel deals?

Cadet silver
    I've started using skyscanner.com as a starting point. It gives you good comparisons with a few options.
    poseidon likes this.

Cadet silver
    I just did a quick check and leaving Sat 30th coming back one week later, Thai were the cheapest at $770 and AirAsia/jetstar were $10 dearer but would not include luggage etc.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Airfares within SEA region are in state of flux and TG getting competitive (again). Just booked TG BKK/BNE return for same as AirAsia (after add-ons).
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Kayak for flights and Booking.com for accomodation
    OZZYGUY likes this.

PGC
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PGC's Avatar
    I check out most of the above (Some find flights the others seem to miss) Then go direct to the airline which had the best flight and book direct, normally a few pounds cheaper and I feel better booking direct with an Airline.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Webjet is a good one for Australian flights....here's a search I did on it

https://flights.webjet.com.au/Flight...0-83761558bc60
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    I check out most of the above (Some find flights the others seem to miss) Then go direct to the airline which had the best flight and book direct, normally a few pounds cheaper and I feel better booking direct with an Airline.
    I have found mostly the booking sites are cheaper than airlines direct.

Best deal I found so far is skyscanner at $794 with Thai air. Perth to Phuket Via BBK.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I usually look at expedia for flights and accom packages, but if im looking for flights separately I will go direct to the Airlines Website.

Something I read in the weekend travel section a couple of weeks back. I suggested that you clear your History in your Comp after doing searches on travel and Airline sites to get the best deal. Sorry I cant explain it better I dont have the article still.

Eg. I had been looking on Jetstar Site for 3 mths waiting for a drop but the price remained pretty stable for the whole time give or take a couple of dollars. Anyway got sick of waiting and booked on the Sunday, Sh!ts on Tuesday they sent me a message via their price watch email thing telling me it had gone down $220. Thanks f@ckers.

I think they're using Jedi mind reading tricks, Next time Im booking a Trip the Tinfoil will be Utilised 55555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I go directly to Jetstar's website. This price includes the tax, but not the seat or luggage. So add another hundred to it.

OZZYGUY likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    IMO.... for Aussies, Skyscanner and Momondo, won't be beaten.. They are aggregators and will show the best prices available from various Travel agencies, like expedia etc. and if the airline site is cheaper, they will show that as well

For hotel rooms, Trivago, Hotels Combined work on the same principle as Skyscanner and momondo. They aggregate prices for you and you pick who you wish to book thru.

If you want a condo, you won't beat AirbnB..

As said earlier, it is a good idea to clear the specific cookies for the site you are visiting, SOMETIMES, you will get a different price if you do that. DON'T CLEAR ALL YOUR COOKIES.. you will lose things, like your log on here, for example.... Only clear the ones for the sites you are checking. If you have an account with any site, make sure you know your user name and pw, before clearing cookies...
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I go directly to Jetstar's website. This price includes the tax, but not the seat or luggage. So add another hundred to it.

I like the way you can chose what day is cheaper to fly on the Jetstar site. Unfortunately the days I want are more expensive works out $850

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    I still use a travel agent. She works on 3% commission for me and a phone call or email and it is all done. After all the years dealing with her I have found twice a cheaper fare on the web.

That said I do not fly any LCC and if over 3 hours I sit up the front. Just so much easier when something goes wrong. She will call Dao and say I have the Thai Air rep in front of me $300.00 when do you want to go girlfriend????? She is an eye-wear freak and Dao will take her prescription and message her frame pics an fill them in BKK.

I like to support small business and have a relationship with the people. We had booked an expensive European river cruise and wanted to pull out and spend the doe on our daughter's wedding. She called the rep and get out cost nothing. You cannot do that on the net.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    I still use a travel agent. She works on 3% commission for me and a phone call or email and it is all done. After all the years dealing with her I have found twice a cheaper fare on the web.

That said I do not fly any LCC and if over 3 hours I sit up the front. Just so much easier when something goes wrong. She will call Dao and say I have the Thai Air rep in front of me $300.00 when do you want to go girlfriend????? She is an eye-wear freak and Dao will take her prescription and message her frame pics an fill them in BKK.

I like to support small business and have a relationship with the people. We had booked an expensive European river cruise and wanted to pull out and spend the doe on our daughter's wedding. She called the rep and get out cost nothing. You cannot do that on the net.
    I can't have that kind of relationship with a travel agent.

"Where to this time?....Pattaya again, huh?"
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I can't have that kind of relationship with a travel agent.

"Where to this time?....Pattaya again, huh?"
    No, it's to Bangkok.
    Temples and Muay Thai.
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    For hotel rooms, Trivago, Hotels Combined work on the same principle as Skyscanner and momondo. They aggregate prices for you and you pick who you wish to book thru.

my only issue with Trivago is , its not a level playing field , there are some sites like Agoda ( and others ) that don't add on taxes until the end of the transaction , so their advertised price is always lower than the final price ......

like some do with airfares , I always contact the hotel directly as well , to see what there price is and if they are willing to match the deal I've found , most times they won't ... so I book it through the comparison site instead

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I use Travel Supermarket.com to find the cheapest UK flights. Then I compare their results with the individual companies that they suggest. Most times they come up trumps. For hotels I tend to use Booking.com or Expedia, but I also check with the hotels own website price first.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Kayak and ebookers are decent for flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    my only issue with Trivago is , its not a level playing field , there are some sites like Agoda ( and others ) that don't add on taxes until the end of the transaction , so their advertised price is always lower than the final price ......

like some do with airfares , I always contact the hotel directly as well , to see what there price is and if they are willing to match the deal I've found , most times they won't ... so I book it through the comparison site instead
    when I did all the bookings for my mates, for our trip late last year, I never booked an AGODA rate. And I guess all up, I did about 20 individual Hotel Bookings. Same for the trip we have planned for Songkran... but, having said that, I know AGODA don't include taxes, and am always wary of the price quote from AGODA. Funny, just did a Trivago check for dates April 10 - May 6 for Pattaya, and no AGODA prices are showing as the cheapest... not sure it is picking up AGODA using the .au website?

Another decent site, that I had forgotten about is hotelpricebot
    Last edited by dave01; 29th January 2016 at 07:11.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

I use both Agoda and Booking.com a lot... and find generally the prices pretty similar... sometimes Agoda is cheaper and sometimes Booking.com... also used hotels.com
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast