The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Taxi's at Phuket Airport

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Metered was more than 600 to Patong from memory, including the booking fee???
    More like 750/800 now. Will be 1000 by high season watch. 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    My old driver had a Isuzu MU7 and was around 600.
    Just have remember his name 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    My BIL is doing the trip for 1000Bt to Patong in a Commuter or Ventury. 100Bt extra after hours 10pm to 5am.
    PM sent....

Cadet Gold
    Hi guys since my last post about coming to phuket for our honeymoon for 3 days can anyone give advice on taxis from airport to kamala beach we land on the 6th . watched a video by kev in thailand about kamala but showed a few bars and a portrait shop and some bloke sinking a pool shot but thats about all and the beach we are staying at the sunprime resort im hoping it will make the girl happy was going to take her to singapore but cancelled that idea thought it easier to travel inside thailand .Anything i should be wary of ? whilst staying there just want a few days of just us .

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I used to live in Kamala Khun Crispy..its a nice quiet beachside town with a muslim village on one side of the main road and a touristy beach area on the other....you will be right on te beach there with that hotel so all should be easy...plenty of good restaurants along the beach front and Beach Rd...take a look at the menus and prices before entering...

Nothing special there to worry about..its a pretty perfect place for a beachside holiday in Thailand...the next main beach around to the south...Surin...is also a nice place for a visit/day out..plenty of Thai vendors there to buy a drink, lunch or a snack
    crispy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I used to live in Kamala Khun Crispy..its a nice quiet beachside town with a muslim village on one side of the main road and a touristy beach area on the other....you will be right on te beach there with that hotel so all should be easy...plenty of good restaurants along the beach front and Beach Rd...take a look at the menus and prices before entering...

Nothing special there to worry about..its a pretty perfect place for a beachside holiday in Thailand...the next main beach around to the south...Surin...is also a nice place for a visit/day out..plenty of Thai vendors there to buy a drink, lunch or a snack
    I live there as do a number of BM expats.
    We miss Baccy - but Surin beach is North of Kamala.
    We understand - it would be less than a year when he last had lunch there with Chob 555!
    crispy likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Cadet Gold
    Thanks for the help guys i hope it will be as enjoyable as i hope we have no set agenda as such so we will just take it as it comes ,im not a bar person neither is the wife i think i have had about 4 beers since i landed here with the wifes sisters husband but i do like the singha 555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    I live there as do a number of BM expats.
    We miss Baccy - but Surin beach is North of Kamala.
    We understand - it would be less than a year when he last had lunch there with Chob 555!
    555...I am famous for my ineptitude at directions..left and right..north and south...all the same to me...I have only been to Surin Beach about 500 times...555

BTW it was only August I was last there and lunched with Mai Chob at Surin Beach...his 60th Birthday week

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    555...I am famous for my ineptitude at directions..left and right..north and south...all the same to me...I have only been to Surin Beach about 500 times...555

BTW it was only August I was last there and lunched with Mai Chob at Surin Beach...his 60th Birthday week
    I have a similar problem with north and South when on Phuket beaches, I think its to do with Living on Australia's East coast because when you stand on the beach here and look out to Sea , North is to your Left and South to your right,
    On the west coast of Phuket , Kamala for eg. Its the opposite . Look Left , thats south and right is North .
    Hope I got that Right , or is that Left 5555
    crispy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I have a similar problem with north and South when on Phuket beaches, I think its to do with Living on Australia's East coast because when you stand on the beach here and look out to Sea , North is to your Left and South to your right,
    On the west coast of Phuket , Kamala for eg. Its the opposite . Look Left , thats south and right is North .
    Hope I got that Right , or is that Left 5555
    Being from Perth I can understand that.
    However at Albany, Esperance etc look out to sea and you're looking South 555!

The most confused I got was one night walking home (the only taxi driver was pyzzed) drunk from the Pot Shot Inn to Norcape Lodge on a lay day from fishing at Exmouth. We'd started on beer then upped the octanes to rum.
    My farmer mate was very good on directions but we were on a peninsular with the sea on one side and waves lapping from the Gulf on the other.
    Hearing the waves on his LHS he insisted we were heading the wrong way, North. Finally I showed him the Southern Cross and we navigated home by that! (via a few roadside ditches along the way).
    We still made the 7am pickup for the charter boat.
    Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    My first wife has a terrible sense of directions. Three times she lost our car in the parking lot of a big mall. Each time she reported it stolen to the police. I found it with the aid of our 5 year old daughter who has an excellent sense of direction and was with her mother at the time.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Every one in Canada....even in downtown Vancouver gives me directions like "it's Northwest"

I'm like....."do I look like I have a fcuking compass!" 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Every one in Canada....even in downtown Vancouver gives me directions like "it's Northwest"

I'm like....."do I look like I have a fcuking compass!" 5555
    Next Time you see Ian F , get him to show you how to use watch as a compass 55

Cadet Gold
    Well we are back from kamala beach and phuket had a pretty good time there managed to get a txi with the cost of 400bt to the resort and we gave him 100 bt on top as he had to drive back to the airport cost us 700 from the resort to airport on return but the biggest shock was at don muang get of the plane cllect baggage go to get taxi how much 900 bt so i says to the girl last time we were here the metred taxis were at the end of the arrivals hall so of we trudge grab ticket get a metered taxi 500 bt . to any unsuspecting first timer you could be easily suckered in by these touts if you didnt know metered taxis were further down the guy was a laugh and got us home in quick time the ammount of metered taxis in the lot was amazing all waiting why they dont let them pull up outside like they used to i dont know but i was lucky i remembered where they were .
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12