Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Perth to Athens from $369

Perth to Athens from $369

Pretty good deals on Scoots 787 >No Cookies | Escape
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    If you want to choose a seat,food and check in baggage. ...double it!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Not quite double Moo, well under $600 with meal and baggage. The business class deal looks good and east coast fares will be more attractive.

With overhead bins and carry-on size limits actually increasing (7kg seldom checked) savvy travelers are not checking baggage. Works best for solo guys, not couples.

Airline meals I can do without. Usually grab something at airport or take food and water aboard.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I can do it too but most probably can't.

Costs a bit to pick s seat too?

A one-way flight from Perth to Athens costs $369, with return as little as $738. If departing from Sydney, Melbourne or the Gold Coast, the flight will cost an additional $50 each way
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 18th August 2016 at 21:12.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Well if you can at least get to Athens, the overland trip to London on foot is not so hard...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    With the picking seats not sure about these guys but with Air Asia you dont need to pay. I always paid for seats untill I realised if you dont select and go to the next page you dont pay. You do get a free seat picked for you but I dont care what seat I get on short flights.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    With the picking seats not sure about these guys but with Air Asia you dont need to pay. I always paid for seats untill I realised if you dont select and go to the next page you dont pay. You do get a free seat picked for you but I dont care what seat I get on short flights.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    If you don't pay for a chosen seat it's no extra. Only time I actually paid, as opposed to using flyer points, ended up alongside a Korean sports team with shoulders 1 and half seats wide! 55

I usually follow a plan by allowing auto-selection and if plane not full or I don't like the [centre row] seat, I change at check-in time, online if permitted. Or with AirAsiaX at the bag drop counter ... a smile and polite request has always worked for me. Nearly always end up with empty seat alongside but pays to check seating plan online to have an idea of what's available.

Another tip on certain airlines, eg Singapore or Thai, is to check seat guru for good seats. On Thai 777's the window row just ahead of toilet is usually avoided and you may end up with 2 empty seats. The flush-woosh is barely noticeable and you dont have anyone coughing sneezing or banging your seat back.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

I don't normally care what seat I get on a flight under say 7 or 8 hours.

I had a great seat last week LA to Melb. Was up top on the 380 the front row of economy row 32. Lots of leg room with no one in front. Plus not many seats so the booze and food came out fast.

Not bad for a $1150 return full service flight

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I don't normally care what seat I get on a flight under say 7 or 8 hours.

I had a great seat last week LA to Melb. Was up top on the 380 the front row of economy row 32. Lots of leg room with no one in front. Plus not many seats so the booze and food came out fast.

Not bad for a $1150 return full service flight
    I always select up front for fast deplaning, first meal choice and oh so quiet ... noise cancelling headphones unnecessary! Buggered if I know how A380's get off the ground ... 55
    Cheers, Rob.

When I was in America last month the internal flights don't have seat allocation. Well not with Southern air anyway. You get a number and stand in a area before boarding. Like 20 to 40. When they call your section (20 to 40) to board you get on and find a seat. Rather silly I thought and lots of people don't get to sit with family or friends.

I got on last and had to shoe horn myself between two really big guys, lucky I'm small.