Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Train travel expert.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    People give me shit for giving you shit

But this right here encapsulates everything I say

The fact you think this is a "priceless story" says exactly how you look at the country
    As a place that can be used for your selfish reasons

The fact you think its ok for two scumbag expats to go propositioning every day females on a train shows your exact level of respect you have for Thais
    I get this, but fundamentally they were just advertising a job in an open market and not holding a gun to anyone's head. Those who didn't like the temporary position obviously made it clear and the world kept on turning.

But I get that most people wouldn't even think of doing something similar back home.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I didn't say I agreed with it. I said it was funny... which it was. No way I would ever do anything like that, or aprove of it. The guys were intoxicated, and intoxicated men do stupid things. Young intoxicated men even more so. It was the train Guard that did all the propositioning, not the two drunks.
    Sure you didn't, you just found it "priceless"

What exactly do you find funny of two scumbags prompting someone to proposition every day Thais

As I said.....the fact you found it funny shows you have no respect for Thais or Thailand

You talk about "my kids"
    One of them is a young lady and you still find an innocent Thai woman being propositioned funny?

Again....just shows you don't really have any respect for Thais

Nothing about that story was funny

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Sure you didn't, you just found it "priceless"

What exactly do you find funny of two scumbags prompting someone to proposition every day Thais

As I said.....the fact you found it funny shows you have no respect for Thais or Thailand

You talk about "my kids"
    One of them is a young lady and you still find an innocent Thai woman being propositioned funny?

Again....just shows you don't really have any respect for Thais

Nothing about that story was funny
    So now you are calling Buksida and his friend a scumbag for getting drunk on a train. They were just curious where the train guard was going to find available ladies on a train. I would be curious myself even if I wasn't interested. I guess in the same breath you would call everyone who gets drunk in a public place a scumbag.

All the women I know who might get propositioned by a stranger would tell the idiot to fuck off, or even slap his face... which he deserved. That even goes for the ladies who work in the P4P bars. They don't take any shit either.

I've only got respect for people who earn it or deserve it. And, I will physically protect any child that receives abuse, no matter whose child it is.

Cadet silver
    I should probably clear up a couple of things:
    1. I don't think I ever said I was drunk
    2. There were two other persons in our group, both Thais, and had occupancy of the compartment beside us. One had a few accomplishments: firstly, holding the title of Mom Chao and secondly, he was very proud of holding Mining Engineering Licence #1 in Thailand. He was British educated and quite a gentleman but had a tendency to drink and abuse "droit de seigneur" privileges. He was Chairman of the mining company I was temporarily working for and he was the one giving all the motivation to the train guard.
    He has long since passed away but I have kept in touch with his grandson. This guy is a bit of a hothead and has gone thermal when I jokingly told him some farang had called a his grandfather, a Thai Prince, "expat scum".
    I did not anticipate this and apologise in advance if there are repercussions on the fuckwit who has never left the tourist trail but feels free to offer advice on Thai customs and behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    2. There were two other persons in our group, both Thais, and had occupancy of the compartment beside us. One had a few accomplishments: firstly, holding the title of Mom Chao and secondly, he was very proud of holding Mining Engineering Licence #1 in Thailand. He was British educated and quite a gentleman but had a tendency to drink and abuse "droit de seigneur" privileges. He was Chairman of the mining company I was temporarily working for and he was the one giving all the motivation to the train guard.
    He has long since passed away but I have kept in touch with his grandson. This guy is a bit of a hothead and has gone thermal when I jokingly told him some farang had called a his grandfather, a Thai Prince, "expat scum".
    I did not anticipate this and apologise in advance if there are repercussions on the fuckwit who has never left the tourist trail but feels free to offer advice on Thai customs and behaviour.

What the fxuk does any of have to do with anything

You found it funny that normal everyday Thai ladies were being propositioned

That makes you a scumbag

I don't give a fxuk who you know

I didn't say I agreed with it. I said it was funny... which it was. No way I would ever do anything like that, or aprove of it. The guys were intoxicated, and intoxicated men do stupid things. Young intoxicated men even more so. It was the train Guard that did all the propositioning, not the two drunks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post

By the way
    Reading this explanation and going back and re-reading your original makes me think it's all full of shit made up story anyways

All of a sudden you have two Thai mates
    Oh and a "Thai prince" was with you but you were worried about the guns

Just another loud mouth expat making shit up

Hey, at least you got Forbes to find your made-up fake story about being scumbags priceless

Go make up another story
    Maybe next time one you don't come off a a sxumbag

Lets move on....

I looked in on the massive rail project taking place in the Bang Sue area of Bangkok recently. This is a huge undertaking and I would hate to be footing the bill. When finished it will be known as Bang Sue Central and will have a total of 26 platforms each being 600 metres long.
    Built on 4 levels with the MRT station and car parking in the underground area. A massive ticketing and waiting area on the ground floor. Another floor for 12 tracks serving long haul diesel trains and the SRT Red Line .
    Up again for the High speed Sino-Thai Rail train from Bangkok to Nong Khai, the Bangkok to Hua Hin high speed train and the Thai-Japanese High speed Rail to Chiang Mia.
    Tracks will also serve the Swampy airport rail link and a high speed link City line train from Don Mueang Airport to Swampy. Also a High speed airport express from Don Mueang to U-Tapao.
    When finished it will be the biggest station to SE Asia. Due to open in 2021
    .https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...y-january-2021
    Last edited by Rockitt; 1st January 2019 at 08:06.
    Quarky, Ian Forbes and sidvicious like this.

By the way
    Reading this explanation and going back and re-reading your original makes me think it's all full of shit made up story anyways

All of a sudden you have two Thai mates
    Oh and a "Thai prince" was with you but you were worried about the guns

Just another loud mouth expat making shit up

Hey, at least you got Forbes to find your made-up fake story about being scumbags priceless

Go make up another story
    Maybe next time one you don't come off a a sxumbag
    I think the Thai Prince was the son of his boss who has since died. Buksida also didn't say he found the events funny.. but rather gave it as a view of "Thai life". Without passing judgement. He probably only really came unstuck reacting to your comments by calling you a fuckwit.

Though I can see why he might be angry as he did just relay a story without endorsing any of the behaviour of his boss or the train guard?
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I think the Thai Prince was the son of his boss who has since died. Buksida also didn't say he found the events funny.. but rather gave it as a view of "Thai life". Without passing judgement. He probably only really came unstuck reacting to your comments by calling you a fuckwit.

Though I can see why he might be angry as he did just relay a story without endorsing any of the behaviour of his boss or the train guard?
    Nice try Switzerland

He know his friend gave the guy money to proposition normal Thai ladies on a train and followed him around to see how it would go

Anything but stepping in and telling your friend he's a scumbag for doing that is being a scumbag

Honestly just when I think this forum can't get any lower it does
    People are actually defending this fxuking shit????

It shows how little respect a lot of people have for Thais
    So many look at them as 2nd class citizens

Believe neither me or anyone I truly call a friend would have been involved in any such harassment and would have told our friends to cut the shit
    Not follow the guy around to see how it went

And ah....Amazing Thailand, like it's a fxuking joke

It's not it's harassment plain and simple

Nice try Switzerland

He know his friend gave the guy money to proposition normal Thai ladies on a train and followed him around to see how it would go

Anything but stepping in and telling your friend he's a scumbag for doing that is being a scumbag

Honestly just when I think this forum can't get any lower it does
    People are actually defending this fxuking shit????

It shows how little respect a lot of people have for Thais
    So many look at them as 2nd class citizens

Believe neither me or anyone I truly call a friend would have been involved in any such harassment and would have told our friends to cut the shit
    Not follow the guy around to see how it went

And ah....Amazing Thailand, like it's a fxuking joke

It's not it's harassment plain and simple
    But if it's his boss... he may have been too scared to step in...

Plus they were travelling with guns... might not be the sort of boss you'd want to cross...

I am being Swiss here, because generally Buksida seems to have been of quite sound judgement in other matters...

But if it's his boss... he may have been too scared to step in...

Plus they were travelling with guns... might not be the sort of boss you'd want to cross...

I am being Swiss here, because generally Buksida seems to have been of quite sound judgement in other matters...
    Buksida has had great posts with great info and interesting insight
    Absolutely

And he just told a story about being a scumbag
    To tell that story as if it was some great, funny story and you following the guy around as he harasses normal Thai ladies makes you a scumbag in that instance for doing so

There is zero grey area
    He was involved in harassing normal every day Thai ladies and did nothing to stop it and then thought it was a great story to tell

We all have lapse in judgement, I certainly do
    But I am calling anyone out on harassing every day ladies every single time with no pass at all

Buksida has had great posts with great info and interesting insight
    Absolutely

And he just told a story about being a scumbag
    To tell that story as if it was some great, funny story and you following the guy around as he harasses normal Thai ladies makes you a scumbag in that instance for doing so

There is zero grey area
    He was involved in harassing normal every day Thai ladies and did nothing to stop it and then thought it was a great story to tell

We all have lapse in judgement, I certainly do
    But I am calling anyone out on harassing every day ladies every single time with no pass at all
    I read it as: Here is a story about a dodgy gun-running job involving people who could be a bit of a cnut when drunk... also involving a paid off train guard...

I didn't interpret it as endorsing anyone's behaviour... I don't think doing nothing is an admission of support. We can't totally appreciate the situation he was in on that train... how young he was, the danger with guns and ammo... etc

Just think it's harsh to call him scum without knowing the whole situation... especially as he never said it was funny.. in fact his only comment was "Amazing Thailand" at the end... which I took as "Astonishing Thailand" and not necessarily in a good way...

I read it as: Here is a story about a dodgy gun-running job involving people who could be a bit of a cnut when drunk... also involving a paid off train guard...

I didn't interpret it as endorsing anyone's behaviour... I don't think doing nothing is an admission of support. We can't totally appreciate the situation he was in on that train... how young he was, the danger with guns and ammo... etc

Just think it's harsh to call him scum without knowing the whole situation... especially as he never said it was funny.. in fact his only comment was "Amazing Thailand" at the end... which I took as "Astonishing Thailand" and not necessarily in a good way...
    Gotcha Switzerland

Let's move as Rockitt has asked

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I see humour in everything, including the huge truck that drove over my foot and rearranged the bones. But, I guess it is easier calling everyone a scumbag. Probably the easiest thing is to not reply to any topic unless you see an opportunity to make a nasty comment.

I see humour in everything, including the huge truck that drove over my foot and rearranged the bones. But, I guess it is easier calling everyone a scumbag. Probably the easiest thing is to not reply to any topic unless you see an opportunity to make a nasty comment.
    The fact remains you found it priceless and funny that normal everyday Thai women were being propositioned

You chose to make those comments and there is no other way to take those comments then you have little respect for Thai women

Please explain how you can find any of that funny?

You supposedly have a young female you call "your kid"
    How would you feel if she was traveling on a train coming home from work or going to see her family and she was propositioned for sex?

The minute I read that story I immediately thought of my niece Noon and it made my blood absolutely boil

How can you say you raised a young Thai lady and find that story priceless and funny?

Unless you don't value her
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 1st January 2019 at 10:55.

Cadet
    The fact remains you found it priceless and funny that normal everyday Thai women were being propositioned

You chose to make those comments and there is no other way to take those comments then you have little respect for Thai women

Please explain how you can find any of that funny?

You supposedly have a young female you call "your kid"
    How would you feel if she was traveling on a train coming home from work or going to see her family and she was propositioned for sex?

The minute I read that story I immediately thought of my niece Noon and it made my blood absolutely boil

How can you say you raised a young Thai lady and find that story priceless and funny?

Unless you don't value her
    I am new here but totally agree with marc no morals whatsoever imagine being on a public train and getting propositioned for sex for money. This is the one thing i hate whenever i go SE Asia the drunk usually older tourists and expats who think all SE Asian girls are on the game and because they may have $100 in their wallet they are now Brad Pitt. I saw this in Ho Chi Minh where these 2 idiots (older guys)were making crass remarks to a young lady that was just on her way out for a night out i could tell she was deeply offended.

On my recent visit to Bangkok I stayed in the Ratchada area, north of Sukhumvit, quite near the Ratchada train night market. It isn't served by the BTS but by the Metro MRT. I went to catch the metro to Bang Sue one day and enquired at the desk about the price of tickets. Although good value I was even more pleased when the lady said half price for over 60's. Getting old ain't that bad!
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Hey that’s some journey. I wonder how much a private tour like that would cost. Nice hotels look to be included.
    My friend goes on private rail tours, mainly in Eastern Europe and I may be joining him on one in Slovenia at the end of February this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Hey that’s some journey. I wonder how much a private tour like that would cost. Nice hotels look to be included.
    My friend goes on private rail tours, mainly in Eastern Europe and I may be joining him on one in Slovenia at the end of February this year.
    This is the price structure of this one particular tour, which is a bit confusing. You wouldn't want to go economy, so about 10K Euros minimum, which is fairly steep. It does look like the trip of a lifetime though, and some people spend that much on cruises, which aren't nearly as interesting. Plenty of other versions of the journey available though. Probably better undertaken independently so you can stop in cities along the way and explore.

Home

Category
    Standard Economy Standard Economy Standard Plus Deluxe Silver Deluxe Gold
    Passengers per cabin 4 3 2 2 2
    Price per person EUR 4.670 5.590 6.790 10.870 13.070
    Single Supplement Train & Hotel n/a n/a 2.670 5.820 6.920
    High Season Supplement Tours 2A, 3A 240 240 240 240 240
    High Season Supplement Tour 4A 160 160 160 160 160
    Rockitt likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast