Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Train travel expert.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I dont have a Picture but I had a look at Hua Hin Train Stn one day when i was there and thought , This has got to one of the nicest Train Stations ive ever Seen .
    It was certainly Uncontaminated by Trains 55....Didnt see or hear one the whole time we were in HH 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I am amazed how well kept the train stations are. Even the smaller ones full of flower baskets. Hua Hin station is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.

I made it to Pattaya by train this morning. All on time and a pleasant trip. 31baht only.
    Despite having a hangover I managed to avoid having to use the dreaded onboard toilets 555

Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    I like this idea Rokitt .

Deprture times , where to depart , and travel times ( or anything worth noting ) please ...

Like did you have to book ?

There is no ticket office at Asoke so you just hop onboard and pay the guard. No booking needed. If there is a ticket office at other stations you can buy a ticket before the train arrives. There is a simple site available for all train times so I’ll try to up load it .
    ...Check Timetable & Fares : State Railway of Thailand
    Chob and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    There is no ticket office at Asoke so you just hop onboard and pay the guard. No booking needed. If there is a ticket office at other stations you can buy a ticket before the train arrives. There is a simple site available for all train times so I’ll try to up load it .
    ...Check Timetable & Fares : State Railway of Thailand
    That is sort of like taking the long haul bus rides. You get on board at one of their various stopping points and pay the lady who dispenses the tickets. The bus is underway before all the tickets are paid for.

Returning from Pattaya was not so convenient. The train leaves at 16.26pm and gets to Bkk around 19.00. At weekends it is a smaller train(unit) so I decided to use the bus company next to the Pattaya Central festival mall. Runs every hour on the hour and took 2 hours to get to Mo Chit MRT. He did not hang about either. There were only five other people on the bus so I had a set of 3 seats to myself. All for 160 baht.

Last edited by Rockitt; 9th November 2019 at 19:31.
    Quarky likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Busman's Holiday...or railway workers picnic...I vote for the picnic everytime...buses lack the romance..
    Rockitt likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Returning from Pattaya was not so convenient. The train leaves at 16.26pm and gets to Bkk around 19.00. At weekends it is a smaller train(unit) so I decided to use the bus company next to the Pattaya Central festival mall. Runs every hour on the hour and took 2 hours to get to Mo Chit MRT. He did not hang about either. There were only five other people on the bus so I had a set of 3 seats to myself. All for 160 baht.

I will never set foot in another van since I tried it Krabi to Phuket
    The driver was a lunatic

When we stopped for a break I had Ao ask around if we could hire someone to drive us the rest of the way

I’m sure there have been many horror stories of bus journeys around Thailand. You really are at the mercy of the driver. Luckily today went well for me. And the traffic into Bangkok was flowing well for a change.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

I’m sure there have been many horror stories of bus journeys around Thailand. You really are at the mercy of the driver. Luckily today went well for me. And the traffic into Bangkok was flowing well for a change.
    I'm sure there are a few good and safe van drivers in Thailand,, but I agree with you that there are some real crazy ones. I've mentioned many times how I hate the silver vans and how some think they own the road. They pass on corners in on coming lanes and travel in groups I've been forced off the highway several times.

Think I related how everyone in the minibus from Phuket to NST was younger than the driver and Bee one time , so at the 1st break , the girls gathered round Bee , told her the driver revealed how he'd just come off a 14 hour shift from Bkk to Phuket and would she sit up next to him and keep him talking /awake for 4 more hours.
    She did.
    What happens to all the tech they supposedly forced on to every minibus?

Well , its a rhetorical question I guess...
    Rockitt and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I will never set foot in another van since I tried it Krabi to Phuket
    The driver was a lunatic

When we stopped for a break I had Ao ask around if we could hire someone to drive us the rest of the way
    You should have got Ao say to driver "If you dont drive like a Fuckwit and get us there alive we will give you good tip" 555 Might Work .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    You should have got Ao say to driver "If you dont drive like a Fuckwit and get us there alive we will give you good tip" 555 Might Work .
    The guy was doing about 140 and pulled out a map and laid it over the steering wheel and started looking at it!!

I didn't even mention his disgusting snorting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    The guy was doing about 140 and pulled out a map and laid it over the steering wheel and started looking at it!!

I didn't even mention his disgusting snorting!!!

It's when they start snoring I get really worried!
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    It's when they start snoring I get really worried!
    That's okay, they put a few baht in the monk's bowl and he sprinkled some holy water on them. All good to go.

Its now 200 baht ( $10aud ) for anywhere IN Patong in an Effing Tuk Tuk !
    100 metres to about 3km..
    Rockitt likes this.

Platinum
    What happened to the bus service down the West coast?

Still got the bus. A good deal.
    Somebody needs to speak to some drivers who are getting earlier and earlier.
    But at least you can use an app to see that .

https://phuketsmartbus.com/

I extended my 30 days today and had to go to Bangkok immigration. Staying in the Ratchada area, I got the MRT to Chatuchak Park then jumped on the number 52 bus which goes past the Government building. 12baht metro and 30 baht bus.
    But nothing is as cheap as the mainline trains. After getting my extension sorted I walked to Lak Si station, which is two stops south of Don Mueang station and rode the train all the way in to Hua Lamphong for the grand sum of 4 baht. 555

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast