Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Airport departure & arrivals passenger cards to be axed ?

  1. #1
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,512

    Airport departure & arrivals passenger cards to be axed ?

    I hope this comes true..........................................


    https://www.ausbt.com.au/australian-...eparture-cards
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    yeah,PITA. in the bad light i always have trouble defining where the white box you fill in blends with the yellow surround. so a bit of a mess but no one seemed to care anyway.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 4th January 2017 at 11:03.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,116
    I'm with Moo.


    I would also like them to let Asians with a Australian visa go through the fast track immigration system.

    Love the fast track system but you just got to wait the other side hoping your girl will get through ok on the slow line.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,275
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I'm with Moo.


    I would also like them to let Asians with a Australian visa go through the fast track immigration system.

    Love the fast track system but you just got to wait the other side hoping your girl will get through ok on the slow line.
    Well I doubt people with visas are in the same system and I don't think you can expect them to be.

    I have the same thing with myself.
    Actually worse.
    Americans and Canadians can go through the fast track and then usually just hand in the paper.
    But because I have a US passport but Canadian address I get kicked out every time.
    It's not a big deal, at most an extra 10mins.

    When I travel to the US with Ao we go through the same line.
    I can't remember them asking her one question.
    Although they do ask us more questions at the land border when we drive to Washington State
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,116
    When I did my visa for China I had to have a interview and I confused the hell out of them.

    Question 1) Why are you going to China? I ticked the business/trade box
    Question 2) Occupation? I ticked the retired box.

    They just couldn't get it that a retired person is going to China to buy stuff. Took about 10 minutes and a supervisor before they got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well I doubt people with visas are in the same system and I don't think you can expect them to be.

    I have the same thing with myself.
    Actually worse.
    Americans and Canadians can go through the fast track and then usually just hand in the paper.
    But because I have a US passport but Canadian address I get kicked out every time.
    It's not a big deal, at most an extra 10mins.

    When I travel to the US with Ao we go through the same line.
    I can't remember them asking her one question.
    Although they do ask us more questions at the land border when we drive to Washington State
    Gazmac and kaptainrob like this.

  6. #6
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,756
    ^We don't believe you are retired either Ozzy... 55
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,120
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I'm with Moo.


    I would also like them to let Asians with a Australian visa go through the fast track immigration system.

    Love the fast track system but you just got to wait the other side hoping your girl will get through ok on the slow line.
    Bad idea. You ever been stuck behind an Asian at an ATM? Even multilingual ones?! 555

    Been seriously loving the fast track though. So good to have them on the way out as well now. And besides, they ask a couple of questions anyway which you can answer by tapping the screen. All they need to do for the way out is the ability to scan your boarding pass at the machine and all of a sudden they have your flight number and destination. Or maybe that can be streamlined through info sharing with the airline. And the rest is all redundant crap anyway.
    Last edited by Bacon; 5th January 2017 at 21:01.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  8. #8
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,705
    On topic ....

    Departed OOL [Gold Coast, Qld] last night and went thru Immi ... all changed! Auto-scanners in use for all pax and only ONE manned lane for 'rejects'.

    Jo sailed thru and asked staff 'why I need card?' ... it went in the bin.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  9. #9
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    With the development of Customs "Robots" that can tell if you're lying, I wonder when it will get to the stage where you won't need any travel documents, just sign in and out of different countries with your google or Facebook ID...

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    With the development of Customs "Robots" that can tell if you're lying, I wonder when it will get to the stage where you won't need any travel documents, just sign in and out of different countries with your google or Facebook ID...
    Well the scanners can already tell if you're the same you as the you in your passport, and I use my phone to pay for stuff, so I'd say we're 80% of the way there. Never thought I'd say this, but fuck it, when it comes to airports, I'll take 1984 over waiting in line any day.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,248
    Don't even get me started on the Canadian passport bureaucracy. I hate being treated like a criminal when I'm not one. I gave that up 60 years ago. Passports, birth certificates and the whole fucking mess of idiots.

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,116
    Next it will be pilotless planes.
    Quarky likes this.

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,275
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Next it will be pilotless planes.
    This was just in news yesterday


    A train concept where you would clear customs, security on way to airport - The Globe and Mail

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,281
    For the sake of my country's security I think Non residents should still have to fill out a card on arrival and maybe more questions should be asked. Aust resident Not.
    crispy likes this.

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,248
    An eye retinal scan would take care of the whole problem... quick and easy.... just like finger prints.

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,008
    Well the no departure/arrivals card system has been working well in Malaysia now for the last few years, so can see no reason why it would not work in Australia. Getting better in Perth now with many more scanners for passports, and make the whole process pretty easy and quick.

    I wonder how long before the UK starts catching up with the rest of the world and stops using them. When I went over in November, no cards were handed out on the plane, so just assumed that none were needed. No benches on the way to the passport control with forms on them to fill in so just assumed that they were not needed anymore.

    Got to the gate, women checks my passport before going to the desk and asks where my arrivals card was. Told her they never handed out any on the plane, so did not know we still needed one. She very rudely pointed me to a chair where there was some, and then when I asked her if she had a pen I could use, again very rudely she said you will have to ask someone in the que if they have one I could borrow, and then just turned away and stood there. Is it any wonder that some of these customs officers have the shit abused out of them when they are so rude to people.
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,281
    But without a Immigration card how can immigration know if some one has something that needs to be declared ? Food/currency over 10,000/plants etc . Its not like these Bastards that try to smuggle shit in are going to admit to what there up to.
    Does anyone watch shows like Border Security?

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    But without a Immigration card how can immigration know if some one has something that needs to be declared ? Food/currency over 10,000/plants etc . Its not like these Bastards that try to smuggle shit in are going to admit to what there up to.
    Does anyone watch shows like Border Security?
    I know what you are talking about, and have no idea how they control it in other countries, so we can only wait and find out. I would say all interested parties that it could affect with the importation of fruit/crop pests will have a lot to say about this matter before it gets passed through and operational.

    The only way it could be done is to scan every bag before you leave the airport, but that will well and truly defeat the object of taking away the cards to speed up people through the airport.

    What they seem to do in Perth is to look at the cards and I can only assume from my own experience, if you have a local address, you get sent straight through and if not, you get sent to have your bags scanned. In 16 years of flying in and out of Perth, I have always been ushered straight out the airport and have never had a bag search done as yet.
    Last edited by chelski; 6th January 2017 at 13:14.
    Tingtong likes this.

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,281
    It amazes me when you watch shows like border security how much people are trying It on. the Chinese seem to be the worst . The Immi person will say do you have any food to declare? , and the traveler will say NO and then they search the bag and find 20 kgs of rotting meat or fish, plants with live insects and so on. And the traveler will either say i didnt know it was there or thats not food. But by far the worse thing is they dont get fined or given the smallest fine.
    These people dont give a shit about our Food security and should have the book thrown at them and refused entry , because they just keep doing it. Bastards.

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    It amazes me when you watch shows like border security how much people are trying It on. the Chinese seem to be the worst . The Immi person will say do you have any food to declare? , and the traveler will say NO and then they search the bag and find 20 kgs of rotting meat or fish, plants with live insects and so on. And the traveler will either say i didnt know it was there or thats not food. But by far the worse thing is they dont get fined or given the smallest fine.
    These people dont give a shit about our Food security and should have the book thrown at them and refused entry , because they just keep doing it. Bastards.
    Canada fines people out the ass for food not declared.
    And yes, it is mostly the Chinese.

    Although I know a certain Thai lady who might be a not guilty too 555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •