Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By Sydney
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: 787-10 about to take off

787-10 about to take off

Boeing says the largest version of its 787 Dreamliner family is on track to make its first flight in the coming weeks, following its official unveiling on Friday (US time).
    The 787-10, the third variant of the 787, was presented to employees, media and invited guests, including the US president, during the roll-out ceremony held at Boeing’s North Charleston, South Carolina facility.
    Following the roll-out, Boeing said the first 787-10, N528ZC, would “now be prepared for its first flight in the coming weeks”. First delivery was expected to launch customer Singapore Airlines in 2018, Boeing said.
    Boeing celebrates 787-10 roll out | Australian Aviation

Tingtong likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^ Thats one beautiful looking bird !
    Tingtong likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    As far as planes go, thats a good looking one. Very streamlined...its all about economy these days .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Close to 12,000 kilometers on one tank. Pretty impressive. 3 and a bit more Ks and we can have direct Perth to Los Angeles flights.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Close to 12,000 kilometers on one tank. Pretty impressive. 3 and a bit more Ks and we can have direct Perth to Los Angeles flights.
    787 shares maximum ETOPS certification with 777 for long haul over water. 330 minutes from land.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    787 shares maximum ETOPS certification with 777 for long haul over water. 330 minutes from land.
    Not that we would ever have direct flights from here, technical issues notwithstanding. You just wouldn't be able to get enough asses in seats from WA.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ Qantas is seriously planning to fly to London non-stop from Perth using this aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ Qantas is seriously planning to fly to London non-stop from Perth using this aircraft.
    That's with the 787-9 variant, which has a 14,000 km range. Same a/c as AirNZ's all black 787. I find 8 hour flights long enough, overnight ok, but 17 hours you'd want to be in Business/1st Class. Higher pressurisation helps.
    Bawdy likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    As far as planes go, thats a good looking one. Very streamlined...its all about economy these days .
    We get the Cathay A350 everyday day in Melbourne now, even more sexier than the Dreamliner IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    We get the Cathay A350 everyday day in Melbourne now, even more sexier than the Dreamliner IMHO.
    Whilst I have a preference for Boeing aircraft the A350 is one I would love to travel on. It's big sister is an awesome a/c although it's going the way of the dodo.
    Bawdy likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.