Thread: EVA air sale

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

EVA air sale

LHR-BKK

Economy 424
    Elite 744
    Business 1,864

Cadet silver
    Saw this the other day whilst googling around for fares. 400 odd direct seems to be Bout as good as it gets.

Good chunk cheaper than Thai/BA.

Anyone flew with EVA? New planes? Old planes? Good service?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefbrody View Post
    Saw this the other day whilst googling around for fares. 400 odd direct seems to be Bout as good as it gets.

Good chunk cheaper than Thai/BA.

Anyone flew with EVA? New planes? Old planes? Good service?
    new planes and great service

I would rank EVA above both Thai and BA in Business , Premium ( Thai don't do Premium ) and Economy
    chiefbrody likes this.

How do they compare to Emirates SE?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    How do they compare to Emirates SE?
    I've only flown Etihad with the Middle Eastern airlines , service was brilliant , but I would rather pay a bit more and fly direct , less hassle
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Odd how Emirates doesn't fly direct from Europe. You'd think they'd be able to get enough asses in seats.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Odd how Emirates doesn't fly direct from Europe. You'd think they'd be able to get enough asses in seats.
    All ME airlines go through their home hub , they can be much more efficient that way

I have flown EVA on that route a few times, usually a good price (even with CNX thrown in connecting with Bangkok Air), B777 is ok and food is tasty and polite service + 30Kg in economy all the way; next trip is in June on BR68 and then PG219 to CNX; cost return, booking through Omega flight Store, 480 incl card charge and you get to choose your seat after booking for no extra, booked in Feb 2017!
    Whilst I like their evening departure from LHR T2 it is pretty much the last flight out, but the departure around midday from BKK is also good as you can stay in the hotel without early or late check out, or feed in from another City in time hence they never have many empty seats!
    Last edited by mechime; 13th May 2017 at 03:08.

Cadet silver
    Never seems to be any empty seats in Cattle class these days.

Every Economy flight i've had in the last few years (granted only a few in Long Haul) is rammed.

The price we pay for dirt cheap travel i guess 55

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Eva has been my preferred airline to get to my china business now for some years. Great mostly on time and service up the front is awesome. Great food, friendly and got to know some of the air crew over time on the lay over in Taipei. Hmmm no shenanigans but a few drinks at the same hotel and great inclusive innocent fun off the clock.

Could never fault.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    My last two trips have been with BA. I like their flight times to and from London. Service is iffy though but at only 430 direct, I ain't complaining.

Cadet silver
    That's a great price. Sadly, nearer 600 than 400 at the moment for BA.

I'll keep looking. Still have time as my trip will more than likely be Oct or Nov now.

The EVA at circa mid 400's for a direct flight is a good fall back if nothing else turns up. If it come down to an extra 100+ or a night flight, i'll stomach the night flight and have 2 nights for free at Thermae. 555

Edit: Anyone have any views on the Chinese Airlines? Much difference between them?

Both Air China and China Southern offer very cheap rates to BKK (albeit one long long flight then a 2 hr hop to BKK)
    Last edited by chiefbrody; 14th May 2017 at 23:34.
    Rockitt likes this.

Have not flown them but reports not good and intransit baggage often gets raided also return transit times seem long!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I've been with Eva lots of times. Good leg room and some beautiful air hostesses. That's all that matters really isn't it? 555.
    What I did notice, and it put me off to be truthful, was the big increase in Chinese customers on the London route. They have strange habits.