Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gazmac

Thread: Thai's 787's grounded

Thai's 787's grounded

Some of TG's 6 x Dreamliners are affected by a spare parts shortage and have been grounded while engines are sent to Singapore for repair.

The carrier says it is working with Rolls-Royce on the issue, which it expects to be sorted out by September.
    "Due to the shortage of Boeing 787 Dreamliner engine spare parts, it is necessary that some aircraft of this type must be parked and temporarily cannot be operated, which is a problem that affects Thai and other airlines worldwide whose 787 aircraft are equipped with Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines that have turbine blade problems," says Thai's acting president, Usanee Sangsingkoo, in a statement.
    Full story here > https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...i-787s-439068/
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Interestingly, Scoot is having problems with their Dreamliners as well, and will be replaced by aircraft from Singapore Airlines for a month here in Melbourne. The ground handling for Scoot here is done by Aerocare (yes the guys that do Tiger and had alot of publicity recently about poor working conditions), but Singapore doesn't want them touching their aircraft, so we have been engaged! 555

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    ^^^^^ Do you blame them ? I'd be doing the same ! 555
    Bawdy likes this.
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Gaz..any chance I can get you to head up Thai Airways and ground their 787's so they have to send an A380 for my flight to Swampy in two weeks time?
    Might even go the standby upgrade...555