The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By Stillearly
  • 1 Post By TMTBOUND
  • 1 Post By Nomad

Thread: UTP vs DMK for a one way flight to HKT

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar

UTP vs DMK for a one way flight to HKT

Hello Dreamers,
    It has been some time. After my last trip I thought I would not be returning. I had some personal stuff going in at that time and Thailand was not the place to sort it out. I am taking the advice of several members and I am planning my trip for Dec-January to include Pattaya and Patong ��. I have already bought my business class ticket from LA to BKK. I am going spend a week in Pattaya and then a week or so in Patong.

I am looking at my middle trip flight and the cost for UTP and DMK seem the same. I am looking for some input on the pros and cons of each point of flight. I have also booked a room in Pattaya at Bay walk residence. I am meeting two Birmingham England guys in Pattaya and possibly meeting Jayjay from TD there as well. No supersub this year ��

I look forward to hearing your responses and thoughts on the above. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by TMTBOUND; 4th August 2017 at 08:27.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    UTP is much closer to Pats and much more relaxed taxi ride as well as cheaper.
    Leaving might be a hassle. Someone here mentioned that AirAsia queues were a bit of a nightmare.
    Flights to HKT also leave from UTP with BKK air.

UTP for mine. DMK is an even bigger nightmare now.
    BKK-Pats needs another airport and hopefully UTP will step up to the plate.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I would go from UTP , the taxi drive is shorter and cheaper , it's a much smaller airport so security and checkin with Bangkok Airways is a lot quicker

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    UTP is much closer to Pats and much more relaxed taxi ride as well as cheaper.
    Leaving might be a hassle. Someone here mentioned that AirAsia queues were a bit of a nightmare.
    Flights to HKT also leave from UTP with BKK air.

UTP for mine. DMK is an even bigger nightmare now.
    BKK-Pats needs another airport and hopefully UTP will step up to the plate.
    Air Asia queues were big , but nothing for BA , they even directed me to a shorter security queue , I would get there an 60-75 mins before the flight , just to make sure though , taxi from Patts is about 45 mins

Yeah my friends were flying from UTP. But last year they cancelled the single flight and they had to go back to Pattaya and find a hotel and go back the next day. I was thinking with atleast DMK had a flight almost every hour.

Quote Originally Posted by TMTBOUND View Post
    Yeah my friends were flying from UTP. But last year they cancelled the single flight and they had to go back to Pattaya and find a hotel and go back the next day. I was thinking with atleast DMK had a flight almost every hour.
    I've never had that before and have used BA most holidays in the last 15 years or so .....if not UTP my second option would be Swampy and Thai Airways

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Let me know if you will be spending anytime in BKK
    It's looking very likely I will be in BKK and somewhere else from Dec29 to Jan 8th

I am flying in to BKK and not exactly sure at this point beyond my major flight from the US. I will let you know.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    UTP all the way for me.....same reasons as already stated above...I think you'd be very unlikely to get a cancelled flight due to not enough bookings in January....it's peak season...that would make the odds about the same as any other flight at that time of the year..planes do have the occasional "issues" at times...that comes with the territory
    TMTBOUND likes this.

UTP it is. I will book my flight

Anyone know anything about Baywalk residence?

no but if you are looking for a good taxi service , then I would recommend Tans Taxi Pattaya , you can find cheaper but she's safe and reliable , good for your Bangkok pickup and transfer to UTP
    TMTBOUND likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMTBOUND View Post
    Anyone know anything about Baywalk residence?
    TripAdvisor is usually good for this sort of thing. Especially the traveller photos that you know aren't doctored in any way.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel..._Province.html
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

You haven't been to Pattaya before have you TMT?

I like the Sea Me Spring Hotels in soi 10 best... the main reason I like them is because they have carpeted floors in hallways.... which means it's nice and quiet....

What are you looking for in a hotel?
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    You haven't been to Pattaya before have you TMT?

I like the Sea Me Spring Hotels in soi 10 best... the main reason I like them is because they have carpeted floors in hallways.... which means it's nice and quiet....

What are you looking for in a hotel?

no sir I have not. I got a little bored last year in Patong and now will split the time. Going to pattaya first and booking my flight to BKK it assures no skipping it. Also gives the opportunity to go to Patong should I not like it. 100$ one way flight is not bad. I will have several friends in country at that time. The two guys from Bham England love pattaya and like Patong for the motorcycle riding. I am really looking forward this year.
    Distantpeak likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Let me know if you will be spending anytime in BKK
    It's looking very likely I will be in BKK and somewhere else from Dec29 to Jan 8th
    Perfect...I arrive on the 8th! 555
    Distantpeak likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Perfect...I arrive on the 8th! 555
    Whatever!....I fcuked up anyways, will be in Hong Kong, 6-8th so you lose out!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Whatever!....I fcuked up anyways, will be in Hong Kong, 6-8th so you lose out!

555 just checked my ticket and I fly on the 6th! Let me know if you need any HK recommendations.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason