Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Stillearly
  • 1 Post By mechime

Thread: Aeroflot

Cadet Gold

Aeroflot

I'm looking at flights to Thailand in January. I'm a bit late, because I thought we wouldn't have time to go at all, so my options are limited. Aeroflot is the cheapest option, the lay overs are short and departure and arrival times are great too. But it's Aeroflot.

What do you think? Anyone with some Aeroflot experience, they'd like to share?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    What airport are you flying from, would have thought plenty of flights from most airports. I sometimes only book a day or two before.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I would never fly with a company like Aeroflot , don’t care how cheap it is , price doesn’t necessarily equate to best value
    Quarky and kaptainrob like this.

Aeroflot came in at #37 in the 2017 safety rankings. Cathay was #1, Thai was (surprisingly) #48 ... based on 2016 stats.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Noooooo........

my Ukrainian GF wouldn't fly with them and she had very low expectations 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I flew with them once back when I was a backpacker...40+ years ago...I ended up having an unscheduled stopover in Moscow for 36 hours...which would hae been fine if we were allowed to leave the hotel...they took us for two x one hour bus trips around the city though I must admit...but we were not allowed out of the bus 555

Cadet Gold
    555 I get a sense from this thread, it's not a popular airline.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    What airport are you flying from, would have thought plenty of flights from most airports. I sometimes only book a day or two before.
    We're flying from CPH. There are plenty of options, but the price is the issue. Usually when I book 6 months in advance I can get round trip flights for DKK 3500-4000. Now with just 2 months to go the cheapest was at 4400 (Aeroflot). A big difference for a cheap (poor) Charlie

Anyway I just checked again, and now Emirates are cheapest at 4700. That makes it a lot easier.

They have an advert on UK Eagle radio and you would think from it that they match the likes of SIA 555.
    I also book well in advance but noted that Royal Thai Int'l are often quoted on Skyscanner very very high like 3500 when others at 485 ish but nearer the date they usually come down to around the 550 mark.
    Last edited by mechime; 6th November 2017 at 06:19. Reason: extra info
    YankeeDK likes this.