Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Hatari
  • 1 Post By Scottie
  • 2 Post By Hatari

Thread: U-Tapao Airport - new bus service to Chonburi, Chanthaburi, Trat

U-Tapao Airport - new bus service to Chonburi, Chanthaburi, Trat

5 May 2018

Air-conditioned buses are parked and ready to shuttle people from U-Tapao International Airport in Rayong to Chon Buri, Chanthaburi and Trat. The new routes were launched at the airport yesterday.

The first public bus services travelling to and from U-Tapao International Airport were rolled out yesterday, with three new routes connecting passengers to neighbouring Chon Buri, Chanthaburi and Trat.

The new services were introduced as part of a Transport Ministry campaign to establish road-based transit systems at all of Thailand's 34 operational airports by the end of the year, he said at the ceremony.

"As of now, there are transit systems at 22 of Thailand's airports. By the end of the month, road transit networks similar to U-Tapao's will be rolled out at Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani and Trat airports."

The first route, called Route 398, will take passengers from U-Tapao to Trat, passing through Chanthaburi.

According to Mr Sanith, the 220km route will stop at both province's main bus stations, both of which are located in the provinces' Muang districts.

Travel time will reportedly take around three hours and 15 minutes between each terminus, and cost 27-130 baht.

The second, Route 399, is to Rayong Bus Terminal 2, in its Muang district.

This is the shortest of the three routes at 35km and will cost 11-24 baht, taking around half an hour to complete the entire trip.

The final route, called Route 400, is 100km in length to Chon Buri bus station, stopping in Si Racha district, central Pattaya and Sattahip district along the way.

Mr Sanith said the entire route will take about one and a half hours to complete, with fares ranging from 14-64 baht.

U--Tapao handled more than a million passengers last year. This year, he expects that number to double.

The airport's second terminal, set to be fully open by next January, is now partially open.

He said it will eventually replace the old terminal, and will allow U-Tapao to handle upwards of 3 million passengers per year.

Terminal 2's full opening was originally scheduled for last August.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    5 May 2018

Air-conditioned buses are parked and ready to shuttle people from U-Tapao International Airport in Rayong to Chon Buri, Chanthaburi and Trat. The new routes were launched at the airport yesterday.

The first public bus services travelling to and from U-Tapao International Airport were rolled out yesterday, with three new routes connecting passengers to neighbouring Chon Buri, Chanthaburi and Trat.

The new services were introduced as part of a Transport Ministry campaign to establish road-based transit systems at all of Thailand's 34 operational airports by the end of the year, he said at the ceremony.

"As of now, there are transit systems at 22 of Thailand's airports. By the end of the month, road transit networks similar to U-Tapao's will be rolled out at Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani and Trat airports."

The first route, called Route 398, will take passengers from U-Tapao to Trat, passing through Chanthaburi.

According to Mr Sanith, the 220km route will stop at both province's main bus stations, both of which are located in the provinces' Muang districts.

Travel time will reportedly take around three hours and 15 minutes between each terminus, and cost 27-130 baht.

The second, Route 399, is to Rayong Bus Terminal 2, in its Muang district.

This is the shortest of the three routes at 35km and will cost 11-24 baht, taking around half an hour to complete the entire trip.

The final route, called Route 400, is 100km in length to Chon Buri bus station, stopping in Si Racha district, central Pattaya and Sattahip district along the way.

Mr Sanith said the entire route will take about one and a half hours to complete, with fares ranging from 14-64 baht.

U--Tapao handled more than a million passengers last year. This year, he expects that number to double.

The airport's second terminal, set to be fully open by next January, is now partially open.

He said it will eventually replace the old terminal, and will allow U-Tapao to handle upwards of 3 million passengers per year.

Terminal 2's full opening was originally scheduled for last August.
    This is good news, I normally spend Bt250 on a minibus from U-Tapao to Patts, not that the cost is an issue but it is good that they recognise the antiquated U-Tapao airport needs an upgrade as it is set to become the 3rd major airport in the region.

The highway to Sukhumvit is getting built as well, so that will lower the travel time to around 20 minutes to Central Pattaya.

Air Asia fly to U-Tapao from their own terminal at KLIA2 and has a rail link to the main terminal so international travelers can fly to KL, jump on the train then fly direct to U-Tapao, BONUS.

I mentioned this in a previous post but standing on the bus from the pane to terminal in the right place makes a huge difference to getting to immigration quicker if you have carry on luggage.

I luckily was 3 minutes ahead of a flight from China as the immigration had only 3 booths open and I was No 3 in the queue, but it was a zoo once the Chinese plane landed. (not being racist but they have no concept in lining up in a queue, it is a free for all) and upset my immigration officer majorly, she stopped dealing with me to shout at them.

The funny thing was she aroused me by doing that, I wanted to boom boom her 5555555 but no chance I suspect.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Cheers

Scottie

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Scottie quote ...
    The funny thing was she aroused me by doing that, I wanted to boom boom her 5555555 but no chance I suspect
    You were ready to "boom boom" anyone by that time, Scottie.

U-Tapao a little closer to home than Suvarnabhumi, but apart from travel just to KL, no Air Asia options suit me for travel to NZ in their current timetable; eg to NZ Wellington it's via KL, Australia, Auckland then Air NZ to Wellington, and when I put some dates in that involves lengthy stopovers, around 30hrs when I can go Suvarnabhumi - Sydney - Wellington in 15hrs Emirates/Qantas a lower price.

Good scheme with the buses, hope they are supported by travelers, espnon that Trat (Koh Chang) route.

19 passengers; I've been in a 13 seater minivan with that number crammed inside.
    Last edited by Hatari; 6th May 2018 at 16:18.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ Singapore Airlines has just started SIN-MEL-WLG, how is that option for LOS?

^ it's a change of Singapore Airlines route for what was called 'Capital Connection' flights to/from Singapore to Canberra to Wellington, last leg linking the two capital cities; not popular enough and dropped after 16 months, now via Melbourne. Singapore Air's fine I've used them before, but the Emirates flight times suit me best with current timetable.

Before Xmas 2017 there was an online promotion '"12 Days of Xmas" with Emirates/Qantas, 15,000baht about NZ$700 return fares Suvarnabhumi-Sydney-Wellington, various 2018 dates I bought two return trips, bargain price
    Last edited by Hatari; 6th May 2018 at 18:15.
    justcruzing1 and Bawdy like this.