Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Trouble at 32000ft.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar

Trouble at 32000ft.

I flew home to London last night on the midnight Thai Air flight from Bangkok. A couple of hours into the flight the lights were dimmed after the first meal. I was watching a film with my headphones on when I heard some shouting in the background. At first I thought it was all part of the film sound track but I soon realised there was something going on by one of the aircraft doors.
    I was sat in the centre section but could clearly hear shouting and swearing from the door area by the toilets. A young guy was trying to pull an older guy out of his seat but the guy still had his seat belt on. A few punches were thrown before two other guys jumped in to pull them apart. The old guy and his wife were clearly upset by this and the Thai staff were comforting them. Meanwhile the younger man was acting very strange and had to be led away by a few of the male Thai stewards.
    People were very concerned by his behaviour and stressed to the staff to keep an eye on him. 30 minutes later it kicked off again. The same guy got out of his seat again and started to walk towards the toilets, closely followed by one of the Thai stewards. Suddenly he turned and landed a heavy punch to is face of the Thai and ran towards him kicking out. This floored the Thai who was shouting out for help. Within a few seconds a couple of lads on that side of the plane jumped on the guy pinning him to the floor. More jumped up to help out restrain him. I'm not sure if they cuffed him but he was dragged to the back of the plane. They stayed with him for the rest of the flight.
    Once at Heathrow we were made to sit and wait for him to be led away by armed police. It was suggested that he was either drugged or had mental health problems. The Thai employee was ok but badly shaken. Always fun it the cheap seats 555.
    wabbits, justcruzing1 and PeteGill like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ you are probably right on both counts..mental health issues + drugs (sleeping tablest etc) = disaster.....even worse if you throw in alcohol..

Don't worry..its not just the cheap end of the plane that sees these sorts of events take place...I have had 2 events in Biz where I have been accosted..both time by drunk/drugged/f#cked up Indian guys...

one climbed over from the seat/bed behind me and squatted down on the back of my neck/head/shoulders...he had to be dragged off by attendants as i couldn't move I was in such extreme pain and was "pinned"...

the one before that though was quite a while back when the old style seats were kinda like large lounge chairs....he was in the seat next to me and fell asleep..I guess he was having a nightmare as his eyes were closed and he was yelling and screaming...just as I called out for an attendant to come and deal with it he lashed out and hit me (open handed luckily) to the side of my head/cheek...little f#cker...

Travelling on planes ain't all the glamour and glitz it shows in the brochures...555
    wabbits, justcruzing1 and Rockitt like this.

Flying seems to bring out the stress in people. I've seen so many problems caused by people arguing over seat recliners.
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    The only incident on one of my flights was , a girl was reported to be ill on a flight home from Rio , they moved her up from Economy but she was still making a fuss ...the plane diverted and landed in Fortaleza , she then refused to get off the plane with the medics ...police had to be called , she eventually got off protesting... then the plane wouldn't start ... sat there for ages , until they told us a part and engineers would have to be flown over from London - BA had no partners in Brazil so we had two extra days in Fortaleza.. turns out the girl who caused this episode , had been skydiving the day before then out on the piss until a couple of hours before the flight ..so it was a hangover

when we got got back on the plane , she went to sit in the seat in Business , but the crew sent her back to Economy
    Rockitt and bacwaan like this.

Paulie will come in here to talk about seat reclining... 55
    wabbits and Rockitt like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    They should have a button to put all seats upright during meal service , until it's over and the debris has been cleaned up
    Quarky, bacwaan and Ian Forbes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    They should have a button to put all seats upright during meal service , until it's over and the debris has been cleaned up
    I think the Indian squat manoeuvre on their head does the trick... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Wow! I've flown a lot but never seen anything like that. Just the usual stuff like babies crying or children kicking your seat from behind. And, it was always some East Indian kid whose parents spoiled him.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Paulie will come in here to talk about seat reclining... 55

Nope, I don't recline but others can
    I'm fat but short 555

I don't think seats should recline but I don't think anyone out of order for doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I flew home to London last night on the midnight Thai Air flight from Bangkok. A couple of hours into the flight the lights were dimmed after the first meal. I was watching a film with my headphones on when I heard some shouting in the background. At first I thought it was all part of the film sound track but I soon realised there was something going on by one of the aircraft doors.
    I was sat in the centre section but could clearly hear shouting and swearing from the door area by the toilets. A young guy was trying to pull an older guy out of his seat but the guy still had his seat belt on. A few punches were thrown before two other guys jumped in to pull them apart. The old guy and his wife were clearly upset by this and the Thai staff were comforting them. Meanwhile the younger man was acting very strange and had to be led away by a few of the male Thai stewards.
    People were very concerned by his behaviour and stressed to the staff to keep an eye on him. 30 minutes later it kicked off again. The same guy got out of his seat again and started to walk towards the toilets, closely followed by one of the Thai stewards. Suddenly he turned and landed a heavy punch to is face of the Thai and ran towards him kicking out. This floored the Thai who was shouting out for help. Within a few seconds a couple of lads on that side of the plane jumped on the guy pinning him to the floor. More jumped up to help out restrain him. I'm not sure if they cuffed him but he was dragged to the back of the plane. They stayed with him for the rest of the flight.
    Once at Heathrow we were made to sit and wait for him to be led away by armed police. It was suggested that he was either drugged or had mental health problems. The Thai employee was ok but badly shaken. Always fun it the cheap seats 555.
    Fcuk I pray that shit happens on my flight! 555
    I'd love to jump in
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Fcuk I pray that shit happens on my flight! 555
    I'd love to jump in
    I think I might enjoy that as well. It would add some spice to an otherwise long, boring flight. It would make the time pass quicker.

Tapping heavily on the touch screen is another one to fire some people up.
    wabbits, Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

A 22 hr all-in flight NYC-BKK

Had this HUGE black dude, T-Bone was his name!
    Sat in front of me and his seat went halfway into mine
    It wasn't ideal and flight fully booked

He ended up being an awesome dude and chatted all flight but man it was not comfortable!
    Ian Forbes likes this.

The only incident on one of my flights was , a girl was reported to be ill on a flight home from Rio , they moved her up from Economy but she was still making a fuss ...the plane diverted and landed in Fortaleza , she then refused to get off the plane with the medics ...police had to be called , she eventually got off protesting... then the plane wouldn't start ... sat there for ages , until they told us a part and engineers would have to be flown over from London - BA had no partners in Brazil so we had two extra days in Fortaleza.. turns out the girl who caused this episode , had been skydiving the day before then out on the piss until a couple of hours before the flight ..so it was a hangover

when we got got back on the plane , she went to sit in the seat in Business , but the crew sent her back to Economy
    A friend of mine got a big new job in Denver, moved from NYC

His wife went ahead to move into their new house

His last night in NYC, Stayed up all night doing coke with friends
    He got on plane and thought he was having a heart attack.........they had to divert to Cleveland

Let's just say his wife was not impressed!
    Rockitt likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Business can be the worst. Flight back from Ho Chi Minh, two passengers went sockless. 555
    wabbits, Quarky and Rockitt like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Business can be the worst. Flight back from Ho Chi Minh, two passengers went sockless. 555
    Was it Rak listening to Ariana Grande???? 5555
    Stillearly likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Sitting on the tarmac in Perth and we can hear the girl in front slightly agitated talking to her boyfriend who looked bemused and was talking quietly to keep her calm.
    She flags the hostee and proceeds to tell her that no one on the plane is to eat peanuts and here is a list of things that can put me into anaphylactic shock....And she went on and on, MW has a WTF look all over her face.
    Hostee never loosing her smile says she will be right back....With the captain and security can you please leave the plane we will not take the risk of carrying you.....You could hear the sigh of thank the F from the local passengers...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Was it Rak listening to Ariana Grande???? 5555
    Have you been to one of her concerts?...Not a sock in sight......
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Subtle. Thanks for my morning belly laugh, Nomad. 555

Other than just the long boring flights I suffer through twice each year, about the worst that happened to me was sitting on the tarmac an extra 2 hours while staff and police investigated some silly woman carrying a white powder that turned out to be makeup. The airlines should have kept just that woman on board and allowed the rest of us to disembark, and carry on with our travels.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast