Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Wabbits go Jungle with Spice Roads Bangkok

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Wabbits go Jungle with Spice Roads Bangkok

Soi 38 a very pretty part of Bangkok and also the start our Cycle ride with Spice Roads.
    Here we are sitting in the Blue Romance café munching on club sandwiches awaiting the arrival of our guide.
    Around us a mix of young and old obviously here for the same reason.

Our guide and bikes arrives a very happy Thai guy nick named Bottle as in bottle of water (his words).
    Sign the waiver and get you bike which is already set up for you.
    Well used Trek mountain bikes but all working and totally serviceable and joys to ride.

Mrs W getting her bike

An other Thai guy arrives with the second lot of bikes who looked like the boss a happy guy also but treated Mrs W like she was not a customer quite condescending, She asked pointedly if he would like her to cancel all done in Thai….I was wondering how we were going to go at this point.
    I need not worry Bottle had us all sorted and looked after us famously well.
    We set off down soi 38 a nice quiet soi but soon we are out on busy Bangkok roads busses and the rest wizzing by but not to bad.

Out in the traffic

We then proceed down through a market in a tiny soi very busy and fantastic to see on a bike..Farang seeming spoken by every third person we pass.

We arrive at the ferry where we need to lift our bikes over to massive sleeping dogs that have taken over the path to the dock…Very Thai.
    Bikes and bods promptly loaded onto the Long tail for the quick trip across the Cha Phraya.

About to depart for the Jungle

We set out into a landscape very different than the one we just left behind..Who has been keeping this a secret? I have now found my favourite part of Bangkok.
    Quiet concrete roads jungle lined with the odd house nestled in the bush glimpsed through the trees.

Who could get sick of the view

We soon leave these for the raised concrete foot paths a little over a meter wide with free fall of about 2 meters to swamp or jungle either side.
    Good balance is requires but you need not worry to much if you have ever ridden a footpath.
    Land mines (dog do do) need to be avoided and the occasional stop for motor bikes required.

Keep your balance

Dont fall in people

There was some with concern

The odd motorbike

The half way point a floating market for a drink break and some snacks the group mingles and chats about the ride etc most pleasant.

Happy ladies at the floating market

Off we go again back into the jungle one of the most amazing places I have ridden a bike I have to say.
    At one point we had to cross a much higher path over a stream 4 meter or so, quite liked the way the path narrowed to about 800mil at this point.5555 Seemed sort of very Thai, was the only time I worried about Mrs W but she flew across with less thought than me I think.

Our guide Bottle very helpful

Soon we wer back across the river and making our way thought the late afternoon rush.
    Street carts lining the small soi's and soon we find ourselves riding through a covered market with the locals taking us in their stride.

One last major road to cross Rama lll then we are back a full 4 and a bit hours all for a 1000 bt.....What value!

Will I..We do it again? You your Nelly was a top ride and well worth it we both loved it.

5 Wabbits

^Soi 38. Right near where I used to live! (If Soi 38 off the Suk?)

Who would have thought you'd find nature like that flourishing in Bangkok. Thanks for the pics Mr Wabbits...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    WOW...Very nice.....just so much to explore and different sides to BKK. Impressive!
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Doesnt look like downtown Bangkok to me 555, great pictures Wabbits, looks like a fun afternoon

Did any other Thai Dreamers turn up ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^Soi 38. Right near where I used to live! (If Soi 38 off the Suk?)

Who would have thought you'd find nature like that flourishing in Bangkok. Thanks for the pics Mr Wabbits...
    I did not realise what was there...if i had of known when living in BKK i would have spent a lot of time there.

22 through to 38 my fav part of Suk quieter and leafy in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    WOW...Very nice.....just so much to explore and different sides to BKK. Impressive!
    Worth the trip even if you dont like bikes much it gives a different feel like you are miles from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Doesnt look like downtown Bangkok to me 555, great pictures Wabbits, looks like a fun afternoon

Did any other Thai Dreamers turn up ?
    Will do it again Riv Mrs W said its a must when we go to BKK she loved it.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Can you send a map of this location Wabs?
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Can you send a map of this location Wabs?
    You go across the river to the green knob in the middle.
    This is a grat way to see the density and to have somewhere like this so close to the centre of such a big city.

Thanks Wabbits...might give it a try in March.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Excellent Wabbs, I should be up for it (Foot Fixed) with S Mook and my eldest daughter next trip. Gr8 pics and no i wasn't perving on Joy's bum (not like you 555)
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Excellent Wabbs, I should be up for it (Foot Fixed) with S Mook and my eldest daughter next trip. Gr8 pics and no i wasn't perving on Joy's bum (not like you 555)
    Its a hard life but someone has to do it.55555

Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    Thanks Wabbits...might give it a try in March.
    We talked a bout the Hau Hin ride and i think we will do that next Mrs W is totally up for it.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Looks like a great day out. One day I will endevour to do something similar, once the weight is off

^^G it wont be that far away mate beleive me and you will love it.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    What a great trip and so close to downtown. Not sure if I could ride the narrow section but it all seems like good fun.

Cadet Bronze
    Old thread I know but does anyone know if this tour or similar still exists?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Old thread I know but does anyone know if this tour or similar still exists?

It was still up and running last July MickM, they do have a website you can email, id say its still going as it has alot of customers back then.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Cadet Bronze
    Thanks Rivo, found the website and looks like they have some nice easy rides as a different way to see the sights.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Looking into a ride for next week and one thing I have found is that the trips which are scheduled are a lot cheaper than those that are not. For example, got the following pricing on Koh Kret ride:

The tour price for adult are shown;
    Tour Cost = 4,000THB per person (based on 2 adults)
    Tour Cost = 3,200THB per person (based on 3 adults)
    Tour Cost = 2,900THB per person (based on 4-5 adults)
    Tour cost for Child = 1,500THB per person (Child under 17 years old)
    Whereas the other scheduled day rides are nearly half that.

I have done two multi-day rides with them, and they provide an outstanding experience.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason