Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G4orce Trip report Chiang Mai

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

G4orce Trip report Chiang Mai

0630 alarm goes off and I wake up with the biggest smile on my face. 0635 in the shower and the trip is about to begin. After a final check to my bags and checking VicRoads for Traffic updates, we are ready to leave for Tullamarine airport for my 1210 flight to HKT.

We make it to the airport by 0900 and while I wait for my flight desks to open for check in discover that VAustralia check-in counters are separate from the rest of them. Arrive at the counter and get a scared look from head to toe from the lady behind the counter. She played on her computer and says, “We are upgrading you to an exit row seat, waiving the $150 fee due to my height (6”4’)” I was happy to hear this as I had looked ahead and was shocked to see the $150 each way to sit in one of the exit row seats. Off to buy a eye mask, as I had forgotten mine at home. Bags checked, eye mask purchased in and ready for the fight through immigration and Passport control.
    Now the wait begins, I get the laptop out to update Facebook Status to find there is no free WiFi at the airport... Bumma switch to Phone 555 (younger generation and Facebook). Go to Duty free shopping to pre-purchase my bottle of Vodka and Baileys to be collected after the return flight. Got some more time to kill so make it to the bar for the first beer of the trip at approx 1030am(its after 12 somewhere in the world). Jump on the coin operated computers and talk to a couple mates slaving away at work to rub it in a little 555.

My gate for my flight was in a new area I have not seen before, so I went for a walk to check it out. I was happy with the new additions to the airport.
    1130 and time to board. In my opinion the less time on the plane the better, so I waited until the line was a lot shorter and then made my way onto my 1210 flight. As I had never flown with VAustralia before was interested to see the condition of the plane. It was very new and modern in comparison to Thai Airways Planes. Eventually made it to the seat and said hello to the couple sitting next to me. It was their first trip to LOS and had asked for some advice. As they were staying in Kata I gave them as much advice as I could on a general Phuket basics. I did leave out the P4P scene as they did not look like the type interested in that. The flight attendant seated in front of us had been going to and from Thailand for a long time getting a lot of tattoo work done on his left side of his body. His aim was to cover half of his body leaving the other half untouched. He was the only straight flight attendant on the flight and we had a good talk about the nightlife.

Flight has taken off and food was brought out. I had started to watch the Movie Due Date (which I was not too impressed with) The food was not so bad. All Western dishes and the usual drinks selection. I finished watching the movie and dropped a couple sleeping tablets and was out cold until they woke me up for second meal. Within no time the flight had landed and I was so excited to see my girl again.

Bags collected and through to arrivals waiting area. I could not find Noy anywhere, then received a call on my phone. “Waan, you walked straight past me” Oh **** what I start. I spotted Noy and she ran to me leaving her bags behind. Later on I was told I nearly squeezed the life out of her with my hug 555. I was so happy to see her again and cannot remember how long we held each-other for.

Was time to go and check in for our flight to Chiang Mai. This was to be my first experience with AirAsia. Check-in went smoothly, then was more time to sit with teelak for some more hugs and kisses. Oh how I missed this girl. I had pre-booked the Hot seats for all my AirAsia flights, think it cost me au$7 each and well worth it. Flight departed on time and no issues at all in the flight. As this was Noy’s 2nd flight ever she was a little scared and held my arm the entire flight.

We arrived in Chiang Mai and called Raming Lodge to come collect us with the pre-booked transfers. They had no record of the pre-booked transfers so in the end we caught a Taxi for a good price. Arriving at Raming Lodge, checked in and went to our Deluxe room on 5th floor. Was very nice and we were both very happy with what we saw. Now was time to shower and “test” the bed 555. A not so short time later was time to head to 69 Bar to have a couple cold ones, It was a short walk down the road and could not be missed. Was great to meet Stu (the owner) finally and his lovely GF, you have a great little bar there with some friendly staff. Met a few guys from another Forum, was great it see them and thanks for the help you gave me for the following days.

Noy was not feeling so great and I was getting tired myself so was time to head back to the Loom for some more catching up on lost time 555. In all was a good first day with no hiccups. Great to see teelak again.
    Attachment 82Attachment 83Attachment 84Attachment 85Attachment 86Attachment 87

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Good report G4 i know what its like when you or her arrive.
    Mrs W said i was hiding when she landed at Cooly, she came bolting out looking i had to run to catch her 55555
    Good report and good pics keep em coming mate.

Back at work today but will try and work on day 2 tonight when I get home.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Hi G4orce, thanks for the TR and photo's, I am very interested in you opinion of CM, From what I am hearing it may be the next place I try in Thai.

How long were you there for?

Day 2

Awake bright and early, with time to have breakfast still. Breakfast was great. I think I went back 3 times 555. Had a great selection of Thai and Western Breakfast, fresh fruit, juices etc. After Breakfast decided to go for a walk and look around the town. We headed towards the Markets/Night bazaar. A lot to see but still early nothing was open til 11am. We continued to walk and decided to stop at a tour shop. The guy at Happy Tours was a very nice guy and used to work at Raming Lodge before this job. He helped us with a lot, we gave him a map and highlighted everything of interest. We in the end decided we were going to do the half day tour of Meo Village and Doi Suthep Temple for the following afternoon. Were going to come back and book the
    Jungle swing tour as well but as you will find in the following days, I could not...

Went back to hotel for another Shower....5555. Shower took a while but was a very satisfying. Now time to go out and look at the Chinese New Year Festival not far from the hotel, Decided to take a tuk tuk, discovered it was about 80 – 100 baht to just about anywhere in town ( I was surprised in how cheap they were her) They used the Bangkok style Tuk Tuks as well as the utes with canopies. We arrive at the beginning of the festival and see Streets of stands with flowers everywhere. Not exactly my thing but Noy loved every second of it. She would take a photo of every single flower she saw. I then realised that Stawberries were very popular in Chiang Mai. I paid 20B for a bag of strawberries, which they managed to make spicy 555. Maybe 2 and a half hours and many photos later we decided it was time to head back to the Loom. As we got to the hotel i suggested a Massage. The Tuk Tuk driver spoke up and said he knew a good massage place, as all the ones near the hotel were not so great. He also said he would take us for free.

Arrive at an old looking Building called Sawasdee (not misspelt)Thai Massage and tipped the driver 50b but refused. This was a start of something i was shocked to see. Throughout the trip so many people would not accept Tips... Anyone know why this is? Either way we walked in and choose a 2 hour Thai/Aroma Massage for 400B each. The inside of the Parlour was nothing special but very big. We both had an older lady for our massage (did not get to choose, as the rest were already busy). The start of the massage was great, so great i fell asleep and was woken up by Noy because I was snoring 555. I tried to stay awake for the rest of the massage. By the end I was very satisfied. The Tuk Tuk drivers advice paid off. We felt so good we decided to walk back to the Hotel, On the way we stopped for some food. Papaya Salad for Noy and Chicken and Cashews for me. WOW Noy can eat HOT food. I was lucky i had not started my Water yet 555. Time to go back to the Hotel, Again was Shower time...

I never met a girl who had a great need for Boom Boom then I need. Towards the end of the trip I needed to refuse as I was in way to much pain hehehe.

The sun was down, so time to visit the Night bazaar for shopping and Dinner. Walking towards the Baraar we found a MB hire shop and decided to hire a Suzuki 150cc Moped, Rode around the streets for a short time and discovered Pantip plaza, had a quick look and decided I would have to go back at some stage without Noy. We eventually found a spot to park the MB near the Markets and was time to eat. We ate at the Chiang Mai food Bazaar. You had to buy some tickets and make you way around many stand seclection whatever you wanted which was cooked in front of you. I had Indian which actually tasted like Indian food, Noy had a Fish, cooked Issan stay over charcoal. After dinner we walked through the Markets and discovered a Fish Spa. On my many trips to LOS I had always said i was going to try it but never had. Now was the time... OMG I have the most sensitive feet that I could not old back the laughter and near killed a couple fish :S. A very long 15 minutes later it was time to finish the Fish Spa. Thank Buddha for that 555.

We walked a little more and Discovered The Taepae Gates, where there was a big festival, with more markets, and a show of traditional CM dancing and singing. Also more flowers lol. Both very tired so back to the Loom for more boom boom

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Hi G4orce, thanks for the TR and photo's, I am very interested in you opinion of CM, From what I am hearing it may be the next place I try in Thai.

How long were you there for?
    I would recommend the place to any one. But IMO better if your a couple or with family. Not the best place to go for P4P as not too many hotties around but the trade does still exist. The nightlife is not as full on as BKK, HKT or Pattaya but there are a lot of bars, a few GoGo Bars and a nightclub or too

I was there for 5 nights and will be back again in the future.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Thips the same with the flower thing..... I actually work at the Flower and garden show here in Melbourne, I'm hoping she will be here as I know she will love it...
    Good TR mate keep it up

Good TR mate think i spotted a wabbit in there like wheres wally 5555
    Walked past those fish many times just the thought is a little freaky.....like snakes in whiskey5555

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Good TR mate think i spotted a wabbit in there like wheres wally 5555
    Walked past those fish many times just the thought is a little freaky.....like snakes in whiskey5555
    I put that in there for you Wabs 5555

Day 3

Today I wake up to a surprise of Noy tickling my bits 555, and after a “work out off to shower and down for Breakfast. At this stage I am thinking I am going to have trouble keeping up with this girl and already feeling the pain. At least I know she missed me as much as I missed her .

As we arrived to Brekky towards the end of the morning there was not a large selection of things to choose from. Still satisfying but not like the morning before. We heard music coming from down the road so decided to get my camera and go for a look. Its a Parade for Chinese New Year. Noy was so excited I could not understand what she was trying to say to me 555, Gotta Love em’. There was music coming from utes with portable generators and large DJ set ups, Large floats made entirely of Flowers with people in costume telling a story. There was float after float after people playing musical instruments. Some good looking girls as well, I would like to take this time to express my opinion on the girls of Chiang Rai. I had not discovered too many Glamour’s as such in CM during the trip, The ones I did see were all Issan Girls. It was nothing like Patong, where every second girl is very attractive. They tend to have their own look, I mean there were quiet a few cuties still but not the best place for the mongerers. In saying that there were a few GoGo bars around, I did not experience any there so cannot comment on the girls.

Any way the Parade was starting to get to me and I was getting bored but Noy was loving every second of it, taking millions of photos with my camera. I took the time to give the Family a call back home. I discovered that Melbourne was now suffering from floods (was thinking I choose the best time to leave the country) Oned of my brother’s friends house’s had water running through it. My brother was on the News because him and his mates were helping with sand bagging some of the surrounding house. Fortunatly my house was fine but discovered my Dog had to sleep inside due to the backyard being a giant puddle (and him being a big sook 555)

The parade temporarily finished so I took the chance to bail, I convinced Noy to come by saying she could have her nails done before the Tour in the early Afternoon. We jumped on the bike and I dropped her off at a Saloon and made my way to Pantip. Here I brought Noy a Laptop (which I had planned to do from the start) Got a great deal on an Acer 2.63ghz Notebook with the works and lot of free extras for 14500 Baht. I was happy with the deal as her computer was better then mine (I considered swapping but could not do it 5555)

On the way back to the hotel to set the computer up for her to use I discovered all the main roads I knew were closed for the Parade. I had a small map with me and thought I could make my way back... Boy was i wrong. One hour later I get a call from Noy, “Where are you, we late for Tour” I stopped to talk to Tuk Tuk driver who could not speak English, She drove off on me... I then found my way to an area I had seen before but the road I wanted to use was closed. Decided to talk to a local and ask if they would talk to GF and give directions. Long story short I made it back to the hotel and Noy was 2 mins away by foot. As i walk in the room the phone rings, “Mr Galy, I driver for Tur today, please come down Stair to lobby” Called Noy and met her at the mini van. Yes I am an idiot but made the trip that much more memorable.

As well travelled up the mountain to Woe Village I forgot I got sick on windy roads... Get off the bus at the village, find the toilet and well made a mess of it 555. This toilet was a stand up toilet so can probably imagine the mess. After a clean up i decided I now had to take a squat... I had never used one of these so was a little unsure how to do it, in the end took everything off and did my thing 555. Ok where is the tap... Oh there it is, right next to the normal Toilet..... Doh. I felt like an idiot once again, wish I looked first 5555

Any way walking up the markets at the village was just the usual stuff and more of those Spicy Strawberries YUM! Saw some Opium and a Marijuana plant but not so interesting. Noy offered me a travel sickness tablet she brought while I was in the toilet and back into the bus to go to Doi Suthep Temple.

The temple was very nice and I learnt a bit more about the Buddist Lifestyle, I am actually starting to like this. Was good to have Noy with me as I saw how much she believed in it and was interesting to watch her “Talk to Buddha.” Back down to the bus and on the way back to the Hotel. All in all was a good tour and was only for a few hours. I think we paid 650baht for the 2 or us which I was happy with.

After getting changed for a night out, which we decided would start at 69 Bar we went looking for some food. Bumped into Stu and asked his recommendations on where to eat some good local food/ We were point in the direct of “Garden Restaurant” and Stu told Noy to order me a dish, which in the end was great. Sorry cant remember the name but was a hot pot with beef and potato with some peanuts mixed through. Now was time for a foot massage. We walked across the road to a massage parlour we saw earlier. I do not know the same of this place as we were very disappointed in the massage, The lady massaging Noy continued to watch out the window the whole time as if she was looking for someone, she even picked up her phone at one stage and made a phone call. WTF....

Drinks at 69 Bar were great. The place is a great atmosphere, girls are friendly and Stu and Noy(stu’s Noy) were great host. Thanks again guys, hope to come again soon. My noy was so excited to find out Stu’s Noy was also from Issan so they were instantly friends and could not separate them. The drinks continues to flow and in no time and I was struggling to stay on my Bar stool. Noy was grabbing me :O, I knew she was very drunk also Noy had said she wanted to go dancing so we went to a Nightclub called Spiceys, where I saw many FL and even a LB or 2 there (I was very drunk, could have been some very unattractive women 555). 2 beers later i had to get back to the Loom before I was going to make a fool of myself. Back to loom and was ready to sleep. Noy had other ideas. Well I think I can say she raped me hehehe. Everything was a little blurry but I remember not doing a hell of a lot hahahaha

I was told today i need some more Girly shots, so I have added a couple. Just to add Noy would not wear a g-string but did where briefs that had the strings like shown in the picture below. I had never seen these before LOS.

Good TR mate with some great pics... They guy at the bar, Is that Stu?.... he's huge compared to you

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Good TR mate with some great pics... They guy at the bar, Is that Stu?.... he's huge compared to you
    Yeah that is Stu and he was standing on a stool so he looked a lot taller then me, Just for fun 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    enjoyed the tr....any more pics

Gee Stringing us along.......555 Good TR mr G4.
    Every trip to an Asian country needs at least one toilet mishap 5555555

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    enjoyed the tr....any more pics
    Thanks mate, I have heaps of pictures, I want on an 8 night trip so there is still a bit more to come. What did you want pics of?

Rock & Roll
    Nice pics G4. Spent some time in CM last year and loved it. It's on my list of possible relocate places. Has tourists, but not so touristy like Phuket. Only thing I didn't like was that it was hot as a f*ck while we were there (April)! Every day was like 37 -38 and even at night you could still feel the heat rising off the roads and walkways!

This day was not much fun at all, but again adds to the experience and made it a holiday I will never forget.

I wake up in the morning wishing i had not had those final 2 beers... I was making very good friends with the Toilet. Would make regular visits with 15 minute intervals starting from 0430. Noy would wake and and turn to comfort me only to press on my stomach causing another visit to the toilet. I remember posting on FB “I am never drinking again” My I add now, I have only had one drink since and was forced into that drink... Any way Noy got out of bed and started to look after me, she started to notice my temperature was very high and would bath me with a cold wet towel every few minutes. We had to check out Today and move to another hotel in CM as I had to change plans at last minute and they could not give us the room for an extra night. So we went down for breakfast. I could not eat anything, the smell of food was the last thing I wanted but i sat while Noy ate her breakfast. I had to make a visit to the toilet yet again and ran out the restaurant.

After breakfast it was time to start packing. Noy wanted to have a little fun but I could not do it. I was not feeling the best... She understood and was nothing but great to try and help me feel better. We eventually got out bags pack and got our bags downstairs to checkout. As i had booked the room through Asiarooms I had to pay for the room (which had free Minibar – No grog ) i did not have enough Baht so went for a walk to the exchange place out the front only to see, a sign saying back in 30 mins... quickly ran to a computer and transferred money to my account and paid by CC. Before i could sign I ran to the toilet for another visit, by this stage i had nothing at all in me and was starting to loose my strength.

Off to De Chai – The Colonial Hotel which was booked on Agoda (I prefer this as you pay up front and better prices/options) The hotel looked great and I was told it was only 3 months old. I was also told because I did not leave a comment asking for a double bed that we had a room with 2 King Singles... i was still feeling terrible so did not want to make a scene(was my fault in anyway) Got to the room on the 2nd floor and it was very nice. We had booked a Deluxe room again with free wifi, and large bathroom with a bath but no free Mini bar this time around. Noy had said she was going to go the the Pharmacy to get something for me feeling sick, I was glued to the bed still going back and forth from the toilet. I was starting to worry this was not self-inflicted any more. My Hangover doesn’t normally last this long. Noy returned with Anti-Nausea tablets and some hydrating drink. I couldn’t manage to keep anything down. Noy called her mum to ask for advice, “you mut eat somfink” I was in no state to eat anything as i could not even keep the meds down so I continued to drink water.

A few hours later and still feeling sick and still being bathed I was starting to worry a bit more, thinking what I had done wrong the night before (other then drinking too mut) Noy called her mum again and again told me I must eat something. I really did not want food but asked her to get me some watermelon as that usually made me feel better at home. She said “ you need real food” I said I can’t eat how I was feeling and that was the only thing that may help as it has in the past. She ended up going down stairs and ordered some which was delivered to the loom. Noy de-seeded it and i started to eat. Instantly I was full but started to feel a little better so ate a little more. In no time, you guessed it, back to the toilet. I asked Noy if she could go back to the Pharmacy and tell them what was going on.

She returned empty-handed with a panicking look on her face. “Lady say, you still no feel good we call for car to take to hospital” I instantly replied that was not going to happen. The thought of going to a hospital in Thailand was frightening. So I dropped a couple of the Thai equivalent to Panadene Forte to try and sleep it off. These also did not stay down. Noy insisted on giving me a Manicure and Pedicure as I was not able to leave the room. Again she called her mum asking for advice, she also said to go see a doctor. I was starting to think this was a good idea as at this stage i had no energy and could not even get out of bed to go to the toilet. I was also starting to hypo-ventilate which caused me to have one of those panic-attacks I am prone to.

Ok about til i gave in and went to hospital. “Ok we call for hospital car to pick up” No, we take tuk tuk, as this time I was thinking of my wallet and was unsure what cost would have been involved as i know in Australia they can charge a mint. At this point the Hotle staff also went into a panic but were nothing but helpful. Helping me into the over-sized Tuk Tuk. We get to the hospital and i am greeted with a wheelchair, I tip the driver and off we go to Emergency Room at Central ChiangMai Memorial Hospital. Not much English going on there, but Noy was a great Translator. I was put on a drip and told to stay overnight. They filled my with drugs and took me up to a room. By this stage it was 2230 and the meds were starting to kick in, energy was starting to come back.

Noy stayed up all night that night bathing me with a cold wet towel as My temp was through the roof. I will add now, she was great, she hated the hospital and was scared to be there but looked after me better then anyone else ever could have. I dosed off finally as I felt much better

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Great trip report G4......bummer you got sick.....did you work out what you ate? or is that coming in Day 5......ohhh yeah and love the pics..

Mate, scary tale.... Got food poisoning a couple of visits ago... T
    To this day I swear it was from the 4 star hotels buffet not the isaan food. No pics of your hospital loom? 555

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Great trip report G4......bummer you got sick.....did you work out what you ate? or is that coming in Day 5......ohhh yeah and love the pics..
    eeeerrrr feeling sick far from home when it is bad NO fun...sounds like me in China.
    Being looked after helps but being sick on top of a hang over just adds to the agony.
    I was real sick in Patts for a full month lost 8 kg's Couple of times i thought i was going to die...Weight found me again when i came back to Oz 5555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast