Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Cycling maps of great rides Thailand

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Cycling maps of great rides Thailand

A quick reference for cycling in Thailand.
    Will also give you plenty of supporting information.
    Cycling maps

That's brilliant Wabbits. Thanks for this...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

maybe you and me a small ride say 200kms??

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    maybe you and me a small ride say 200kms??
    I'd need to get some training in... 555

Maybe 20km... to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

Maybe 20km... to start.
    On a Click? 555

Actually, I'd be a starter for a bicycle ride ... good healthy, heart pumping stuff!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Those look really challenging, and make for interesting reading. I haven't done any serious riding in 30+ odd years, and now get my "good, healthy, heart-pumping stuff" another way, but if I ever take it up again, and am living in LOS, and got used to the intense heat ... then yes, I could maybe see myself doing a short tour to start.

How do you find the heat when you are riding in Thailand? That would be one of my biggest concerns. My second concern would be sharing the road with some of the Thai drivers I have witnessed. I remember riding in a taxi in Phuket on my first trip, where on the way to the airport he would routinely cut onto the edge of the highway ... so essentially the "bike lane" .... at 100+ km/h, to pass cars in lane one. I would hate to be riding in the bike lane with him coming up behind me. Do you find many close calls on while you are riding there?

As to DP, I think the Doi Intanon Hill Climb would be just the ticket for his first ride .... to break him in slowly, so to speak. 555
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Maybe 20km... to start.
    20 kms no worries.
    Does not have to be full pelt an amble is still good.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Those look really challenging, and make for interesting reading. I haven't done any serious riding in 30+ odd years, and now get my "good, healthy, heart-pumping stuff" another way, but if I ever take it up again, and am living in LOS, and got used to the intense heat ... then yes, I could maybe see myself doing a short tour to start.

How do you find the heat when you are riding in Thailand? That would be one of my biggest concerns. My second concern would be sharing the road with some of the Thai drivers I have witnessed. I remember riding in a taxi in Phuket on my first trip, where on the way to the airport he would routinely cut onto the edge of the highway ... so essentially the "bike lane" .... at 100+ km/h, to pass cars in lane one. I would hate to be riding in the bike lane with him coming up behind me. Do you find many close calls on while you are riding there?

As to DP, I think the Doi Intanon Hill Climb would be just the ticket for his first ride .... to break him in slowly, so to speak. 555
    Queensland will sort you out for the heat as it is not so different, lots of water is required.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ it`s downhill too 555

I think that incorporates the trail we call Last Man Standing. Most of my MB buddies ride up it. It`s a hellishly steep,difficult hill on a MB.

The Doi Inthanon ride on Wabs link is a fairly boring ride to Chom Tong but i guess it`s there because the view to Doi Ithanon is fairly good. Once you get to Doi Tao it improves with the road to Lamphun,it`s a really good ride on a MB.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS