Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: Trip with a twist

Trip with a twist

So if you read my introduction, you know my journey to Thailand started when i had a short romance last summer with a Thai girl. She moved to Canada 12 years ago, I've known her for 8 years now, we are still friends. She didn't want a long distance relationship, she lives an hours flight away.

Spending time with her got me interested in Thailand; that got me doing research; and that's how I ended up on this site. I joined a Thai dating site, just for 1 month, out of curiosity. Met a lady on the site, chatted with her for a while, but then backed away. It just didn't feel right.

So I texted my Thai friend and told her I wanted to take my daughter on a 1 month trip to Thailand in the summer, Bangkok; Chiang Mai; and Phuket. I asked her what she thought of my plan.

This is where the twist came.

She said to me "I never traveled in the county when I grew up and every time I go back, I go to my hometown. Would you mind if I asked my sister to help you, she lives in Hua Hin. I said that would be great. A half an hour later I'm texting her sister and we ended up chatting for a couple of hours.

The next day my friend calls me and says "I might have made a mistake, I still like you and I just set you up with my sister." So we chatted about it for a half hour and she said don't worry, you can chat with my sister.

Well a week later i call her and say...we gotta talk, I'm beginning to like your sister, she's a nice girl. So we had a heart to heart, we talked for 2 hours. In the end she said "It's likely going to be a few years before I can consider a relationship with you, so I think you should keep talking with my sister. If the two of you like each other, I'll be happy for both of you."

Well that was a month ago, I've been chatting with this lady almost every day. My whole trip plans have changed. Now, it's one night in Bangkok, then a bus to Hua Hin. I'm not making any plans beyond that.

My daughter, the 13 year old, and I land in Bangkok on July 25th, staying until August 21st. A few days ago we all went out to a Thai restaurant for dinner, me and 5 young ladies. My 21 year old daughter slipped the plane ticket into her menu. It was so great to see her reaction, huge big eyes, big smile, a little scream and tears. That was fun! She is so excited. I am to!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    LB you are either a very lucky person when it comes to finding ladies that interest you, or ........ you fall to easily for ladies that interest you ... 5555

Not saying however that you have fallen for the sister, you obliviously have still have the meet etc, but it seems to be heading that way

Can i ask how many ladies did you chat with in the 1 month on the dating site ?

i chatted with more than 100 ladies when i meet JK .... maybe it was the same for you, some chats only lasted 2 mins, so it was like, pass, pass, pass, not enough english, not attracted, not attractive, pass, pass, and on and on it went, had a shortlist of about 4 or 5 ladies that i chatted for over a month or three, but it was a long drawn out process to find JK ... and i wasn't jumping on that plane for a meet until i was 100% sure of the 70% sure if you know what i mean

You however seem either very lucky or approach it different, ..... whats you trick ....5555555
    Quarky likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Sidney I don't consider myself very lucky. I've been single for over 7 years now. I've had a few relationships, but can't seem to find the right one. Having a great wife and marriage in the past, my kids tell me I am too picky, that might be my problem. For that one month, I probably chatted with 20 ladies for a few minutes. Ended up skyping with two and emailing one for a couple of weeks, then just skyped with one lady for a few weeks. That was the lady Ian met.

I think I was lucky with this connection, it is a different approach. Instead of meeting someone online, that I knew nothing about, I'm actually going to meet someone I had already heard about. My friend, who is a very nice girl, told me all about her brother and sister last summer. They have a very close family, with each other and their parents. She had told me about her sister and how nice she was before any of this happened. So it was real from the start. I found out later, my friend had told her sister in Hua Hin that I was a "really nice guy", so for her sister it was a real connection as well. I think that made for a good start. We will see what happens.
    Sydney likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I have met a few ladys from internet dating overseas over the past two years. Have chatted with maybe 100 or more.

All the ladys I met (about 6 I think over a few trips) I talked to on Skype for some time before meeting them. When I met them it was different and I didn't have that connection I thought I would have.

One lady, I really thought she was the one. Great conversations for hours on Skype almost every day. I fly to Hong Kong to meet her on my way to LOS. I stayed in HK for the weekend and from the minute I met her in person for some reason I was not interested. I stuck around for awhile in HK to see how it went but nothing so discussed my feelings with her and moved on again.

I hope it all works with the sis mate just keep a open mind and take it slow.
    Quarky and lakeboy like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Fascinating how internet dating and skype, forms the basis of new relationships today.
    I can see how it would lead to a meeting in person, but harder to see how any real feelings and emotions would come into play before that.
    Quarky, Zablive and OZZYGUY like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Maybe it's just me, but if I'm cruising the net for a woman, I want one that is willing/able to fly across the world to come and meet ME.

Just saying...
    Quarky and Changone like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Fascinating how internet dating and skype, forms the basis of new relationships today.
    I can see how it would lead to a meeting in person, but harder to see how any real feelings and emotions would come into play before that.
    i wish they had Internet dating when I was younger and out on the ran tan at night clubs chasing chicks. It would have saved me a small fortune and thousands of hangovers.
    lakeboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but if I'm cruising the net for a woman, I want one that is willing/able to fly across the world to come and meet ME.

Just saying...
    I was in Bali a few years ago and been chatting with a Indo lady from Jakarta for a few months before. Met her on asiandating.com She would message me with a good morning message everyday.

One time I told her I was in Bali so she suggested she flys down to buy me dinner. She ended up stayed a few days and I have caught up with her a few times since. Last time I saw her she had a early morning flight home and when I went to check out of my hotel she had already paid for my room plus left me a really expensive gift. 555
    lakeboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    i wish they had Internet dating when I was younger and out on the ran tan at night clubs chasing chicks. It would have saved me a small fortune and thousands of hangovers.
    Can you still wear "Beer Goggles" when you're on Skype..?555
    Tingtong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I was in Bali a few years ago and been chatting with a Indo lady from Jakarta for a few months before. Met her on asiandating.com She would message me with a good morning message everyday.

One time I told her I was in Bali so she suggested she flys down to buy me dinner. She ended up stayed a few days and I have caught up with her a few times since. Last time I saw her she had a early morning flight home and when I went to check out of my hotel she had already paid for my room plus left me a really expensive gift. 555
    Sounds like a keeper....555

Sounds like a keeper....555
    No, I found out last trip she was married. She was sick of her Indo hubby playing around so wanted some white guy.

I felt used 55555
    Sydney, Changone, Rivo and 4 others like this.

Yeah i can see how you would probably think that ... but emotions is a broad thing ... JK and i laughed heaps on Skype, laughter is a emotion right ? .. ( in fact this was one of things that made us click ) ... you can see when she is feeling down on certain days, tired on other days, what about how you feel when you hang up the session, ... or not chat to her for a few days, are you missing her a bit ? many emotions in all that lot ...

We sykped for up to 4 hours everyday ... and i didn't have to buy one drink or one dinner . 55555 .... plus there was no commitment as i got to learn her, much easier to end it, then if in real..

So many advantages in online ..

I would agree with your comment if it was just typing and text.... but live video and audio changes the whole game ....
    jontymate likes this.

I suppose I would equate it with talking on the phone, which engages you most instantly.
    Personally, video contact makes me a little uneasy, as there is always that annoying delay in communicating facial and other expressions. Still a bit like the old international phone lines, you almost feel like saying "Roger Wilco" between sends. Whenever is the technology going to catch up? We've had this crap since the 1990's

You can get to know a person either way if you do it for long enough and if as you say you were "Skyping" for four hours at a time there must have been something to hold your interest for that long. Still, either way as long as it causes you to meet in person and truly test the strength of feeling, good on you.
    Sydney likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Yeah i can see how you would probably think that ... but emotions is a broad thing ... JK and i laughed heaps on Skype, laughter is a emotion right ?
    well..its a response to an emotion rather than being one itself

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    well..its a response to an emotion rather than being one itself
    Getting a picky there .... 5555 ....

We may even need to look at what laughter a bit close to say what you say is true

It is a physical action yes, but its not acting alone

There are three basic brain functions that contribute to our ability to laugh: cognition, emotion, and motion. The interesting thing about laughter is that, unlike most of the other emotions, it is created by the functions from several parts of the brain. Although most of the activity is in the frontal lobe, the center of emotional activity, there are also many electrical impulses in the occipital lobe or the motion center of the brain

But if I see a comedy show on tv and laugh my head off there is no personal or emotional connection between me and the comedian. It's just my reaction to something that he and I think is funny. All you have is some kind of commonality?

^^ well your frontal lobe in your brain ( the center of emotion activity) has connected to the show, it had too otherwise you wouldn't have laughed ..555
    TMTBOUND likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    thinking of the whole canned laughter thing too.

if someone pi55es themselves laughing at something they say and it's deemed impolite not to laugh with them....bores me to tears!

rather make up my own mind..........but if it's a sort whose pants you want to get into.....different
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

So the only way out is a frontal lobotomy....?
    Let me introduce you to my friend...The Chief...5555
    Sydney likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    No, I found out last trip she was married. She was sick of her Indo hubby playing around so wanted some white guy.

I felt used 55555
    I know... doesn't it make you feel so cheap.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast