Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Patong trip Jan 17

PGC

Patong trip Jan 17

Not so much a trip report, more of general musings about my recent sojourn to Patong.

Bars....More than ever it seems. All competing for the Tourist spending money. The traditional home of your average more advanced in years Monger (The lunchtime drinky) is all but gone, with bars on Bangla very quiet until after 6pm, and even then the monger section of the crowd is few and far between. The Moonshine bar said they sold 5 bottles of beer all day until 6pm (2 of them were to me)

The Younger and increasingly female tourist is taking over. They are coming with girlfriends/boyfriends or as part of a group.

Plus the Arab contingent is more noticeable in the bars and not just in the Restaurants.

Also, since was last there, the rise of the music bar is obvious. The solitary music bar at the end of Bangla now has at least 5 or 6 other competitors. All were seriously full and charging a premium 150bht for crap Chang beer.

The Irish bar on beach rd let me down by having no Guinness. Mind you at 355bht a pint. Maybe not a bad thing.

The good news is that the almost insane pestering for drinks seems to have died away, almost as if they have maybe realised it was driving trade away. You can now have a nice quiet drink if you want to, or Company if you are in the mood.

OTOP....Dead as a ducks arse, but I just love the idea of sitting in a bar putting my selection of music on their sound systems.

Having said all that I had my best day in a bar I would probably never find again. Way down Ratty rd on the left had side down a non descript Soi. Just a plain bar, but 60bht happy hour. The girls shared their food with me. I bought a few drinks. I slammed some Motown on youtube and next thing I knew the place was in full party mode. The sang som was being passed around. Thai dancing mixed with lots of ass shaking was happening. I left I think, maybe 5 hours later. My bin was only cc 1500bht. The girls who could still stand were waving me goodbye. It was a flashback to Bangla 10 years ago. All hope is not lost.

If anyone is vaguely interested I'll carry on my musings tomorrow
    Quarky, Sydney, PeteGill and 10 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    I'm vaguely interested . . . and subscribed. 555
    Last edited by Cippy; 29th January 2017 at 09:31.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Count me in.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Shed loads of more indian tourists about as well now. Not just mongers but families! I was getting paranoid when I was there that I might run into someone who knows me or my family 5555 Tonnes of more kebab shops and indian restaurants about now too.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Very interested as i will be back there end of March PGC !
    OzzyDamo likes this.
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Yeah keep it coming PGC

PGC
    Tiger Bars

Not really been on my radar before, but was determined to try out new places and things this time. If you wander to the toilet you soon realise that only the 1st 4 or 5 bars from the front are occupied and you have to pass through lots of bar shells to go to the back and have a pee. No doubt the owners get their money back by overcharging the front few, but it seems a shame. Owners down Freedom soi tell me they moved out because of too high rents.

I realised I knew the owner of Qi bar so spent my night in there. Themes are in order with the girls in Q bar dressed as Thunderbird girls with the little hats proving their ability to pilot their ass round a pole.

Blix had the blond Pole dancer with an ass that has a mind of its own. It shakes side to side and up and down in random way that keeps you transfixed. The Pole dancer in the other front bar was more calm but really strong with strength moves peppering her routine.

Buying the owner a drink proved to be a good investment as she returned the favour many times. Spent most of the night watching a couple of youngsters. Couldn't be more than early twenties. Both nursed their one and only drink as he tried not to look anywhere and she had a look of disgust on her face. Her face went onto overdrive as a bargirl launched her attack on the unsuspecting punter sat next to her boyfriend. Having adjusted her Thunderbird hat she piled in t1ts first with those 3 little words. "I like you....buy me a drink" Her chat up line worked and they proceeded to get fairly physical, much to the youngsters disgust. Barfine paid, they left and the girlfriends face was filled with all sorts of horror as one of the dancers decided to bounce her bottom off the boyfriends head. They paid their bill and left soon afterwards.

I too decide to leave as I was getting groped to death by this time. Now I'm packing a few extra pounds these days, and I have what could be described as Moobs. It seems they are fair game for any Thai girl to grope but bar girls go for them like crazy and to be honest my nipples were getting a bit sore.

Anyway I was off for another 1st and a different kind of beating....Suzy Wongs...
    Quarky, PeteGill, Gazmac and 7 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Have you noticed the bathroom attendants no longer press for tips? A few years ago it was damn near impossible to step out without someone trying to put soap in your hand or turning on the tap, only to then stick their hand out for a tip. Now I can actually have a piss in peace. One night I was drinking with Ric (boss of High Roller) and he said the old tiger (with Crazy Horse) will be shutting sometime in the new year and by next high season 1 more row of bars will be cut. That's basically like 70%? of the bars in that place gone in the space of 6 years.

I'm confused... just when I was thinking maybe I could visit Patong again... and now it sounds awful... 55

But a good read...
    Tingtong likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ certainly changed but the writing was on the wall a long time ago.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    Owners down Freedom soi tell me they moved out because of too high rents.
    A couple of them moved to Freedom from Tiger due to rent in the first place. How many bars are left there, like 6?

Good write-up, keep it coming.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Sounds like Soi Freedom is the place to go ! But then it always was a fun Soi even before the revamp !
    quiksilva likes this.
    !qq!

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I'm confused... just when I was thinking maybe I could visit Patong again... and now it sounds awful... 55

But a good read...
    Hopefully I'm not painting a really bad picture as I did enjoy myself. It's more laid back I think now. Good times can be had at many bars. It's just...well..different
    Quarky likes this.

PGC
    Suzy Wongs

Heard about it. Passed it and the other Go-gos down Soi Seadragon, but never went in. Partly scared off by stories of touts walking in behind you and getting ripped off at the bar.
    Happy to say, nothing of the kind. Free in, 199bht a Singha. Good value for the entertainment on offer.

I went in and my senses were immediately assaulted, just so much happening in a relatively small space. The assault on my senses was soon replaced by an assault on my arse as a very pretty topless girl wacked me out of her way as she tottered on ridiculous heals back to the punter who had just bought her a drink. All was forgiven though as she stopped and bent over and gave me a cheeky grin as she urged me to do the same. Being the gentleman that I am I gave her a gentle tap with the foam pipe she handed to me, but she wasn't happy with that and demanded a full blown beating. I of course obliged.

There are seats away from the stage that were all full and seats below the stage that all seemed to be empty. I soon found out why.

But for now I settled down to a parade of good looking girls either semi nude or nude. My seating position at the stage put me at knee level to most of the dancers. The Girl who I previously wacked came and sat down next to me. She was no longer topless and rested her head on my shoulder. Drinks for the girls were 240Bht I found out, so off she tottered to the bar and returned with a shot that lasted around 2 seconds. She was, she said, shy, and proved it by whipping off her top and covering her face with it whilst at the same time plonking her t1ts in my hands. A manoeuvre that must have taken years of practice. I'm no fan of fake boobs but these were very squeezable ...if that's a word.

Then the place burst into real life as around 50 Swedish tourists blundered in, with happy birthdays and various beatings going on. I tried to count the amount of girls but failed. Suffice to say that there are sufficient to cope and all were nice looking girls, if all a little shy judging by the amount going topless in the crowd.

I moved to a chair at the back to take a good look around. My verdict.....Great place to spend an hour or two. Beers not extortionate and drinks for girls reasonable. Good hands on entertainment.
    Last edited by PGC; 31st January 2017 at 01:09.
    Gazmac, Rockitt and Moo Uaon like this.

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Have you noticed the bathroom attendants no longer press for tips? A few years ago it was damn near impossible to step out without someone trying to put soap in your hand or turning on the tap, only to then stick their hand out for a tip. Now I can actually have a piss in peace. One night I was drinking with Ric (boss of High Roller) and he said the old tiger (with Crazy Horse) will be shutting sometime in the new year and by next high season 1 more row of bars will be cut. That's basically like 70%? of the bars in that place gone in the space of 6 years.
    It was the back massage while you were having a piss that got to me

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Thanks PGC. It's nice to read a new report on Patong. I've had many happy trips there, but on my last visit 2 years ago I felt that the recent changes were more negative than positive. The whole new Tiger complex lacked atmosphere with many bars at the back completely empty.
    I'm glad you managed to find the old beer bar atmosphere just of Ratty Rd. The best nights sometime occur when you least expect them.

Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    It was the back massage while you were having a piss that got to me
    See I found that relaxing... 55

Foam bats in Suzie Wongs were a big turn off for me though... I left as soon as they appeared... there is something so much more sexy about GoGo's where the girls are seen and not touched... 55

I think what I liked about Patong during my earlier visits was that feeling that you could drink in bars and the girls didn't even notice you were there... unless you made an effort to engage them. You still get that in Pattaya... I prefer that indifference much more to being hounded for LDs as soon as you sit down which was starting to present itself on my last visit to Patong in 2009...
    Rockitt likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    The assault on my senses was soon replaced by an assault on my arse... 555

Thanks for the lolz. And yeah that's part of Suzi Wong's charm. I have very fond memories of that place. Kind of made me sad reading that. I need to get my arse back there to be assaulted again.
    OzzyDamo likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

I too like Suzy Wongs ! Had a blast for a couple of hours on 2 occasions on my last trip and will probably do so again in Feb ! I see nothing seedy etc about it as it is all supposed to be take. As a fun atmosphere !
    !qq!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    The assault on my senses was soon replaced by an assault on my arse... 555

Thanks for the lolz. And yeah that's part of Suzi Wong's charm. I have very fond memories of that place. Kind of made me sad reading that. I need to get my arse back there to be assaulted again.
    I like to add to the atmoshere over there.

I did a session with a eastern german guy and a very afraid ostrickr banker- ugly men with pretty women are like dogs balls, so it make you the honey pot.

We end up drinking singahs with those horrible black, home made oozo with a mob of texans(good ones, cowboys, not mounties)- I pass around a half dozen cubanaroes.

It was majik'

Saw things there that don't happen here (;-)

We all saw the light in the morning
    Bacon and Tingtong like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast