The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Its confirmed November 2018

Its confirmed November 2018

Well, last night over dinner, it was confirmed that myself and TGF will travel to LOS in November 2018....... No dates set in motion yet as the idea was raised last night. At this stage, am looking for probably a 2 week stay.....

So far, we are looking like flying into BKK and spending a few nights there to meet the sister. The parents have a home in BKK that is reserved for guests, so am pretty happy at the cost savings rather than pay for a hotel. The GF also wants to meet up with her best friend that she hasn't seen in a few years..... I actually saw photos of her last night..... Very pretty single registered nurse living in BKK......

After that, head down to Surat Thani (regional) to visit the parents and some of her other brothers and sisters........ We probably will plan on spending 4-5 days there and enough time to get a feel of the country side and farmlands that the parents own and run..... Rubber tree, Palm Oil, Mangosteen and Rambuten is some i want to have a closer look at what they farm and produce. The property and farmland is situated at the base of a mountain range, separated by a large river..... I am really excited to see all this, as well as exploring the surrounding areas. The GF's parents have plenty of vehicles at our disposal so exploring surrounding areas will be easy and convenient for us...... A question though after reading other threads here about "meeting the parents" is what i should bring as gifts of appreciation for our stay and hospitality ?..... As said in another thread somewhere here, the parents are very well off which has me in thought about what i should bring as gifts. Apparently, the parents home is about 30 minutes out of Surat Thani and after discussing my desire to cook myself and meal for the family (thinking seafood), the GF was quick to mention that her sister is a school teacher for mature students, and some of her current students are fisherman that have access to quality seafood at a good price (man this is looking good 55555).........

After leaving the parents home (hopefully borrowing one of their vehicles), the TGF has a vacant home of her own in Surat Thani (city) herself where we might stay for another few nights so she can show me around the city itself.

Afterwards, we plan on driving down to Phuket to visit the aunty, then ????????????????????????

As it stands, the bulk of our accommodation is already sorted (9-10 days with family) which leaves us with a few days spare. We just have to decide where to stay for the final days of our trip...... Thinking of staying at a classy hotel seeing as though all of our prior accommodation will be FOC...... Phuket maybe or one of the islands....... Thinking thinking 55555555

November weather is usually mild, end of rainy season but ok if no flooding. Nice and green everywhere. I'd head over to Samui seeing as how you'll be so close. Anyway, enjoy ... might bump into you in BKK middle of month.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    November weather is usually mild, end of rainy season but ok if no flooding. Nice and green everywhere. I'd head over to Samui seeing as how you'll be so close. Anyway, enjoy ... might bump into you in BKK middle of month.
    I have never been before so Samui sounds ok.

Actually, my last visit to LOS met a close male friend of the EXTGF who mentioned a go to place for beeches and beauty was the Similan islands...... I might research and investigate a bit further on this. Any guys here that have been would like to hear your views..... Just remember i am not interested in night life and bars 555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    You sure this post wasn't just to brag how rich your gf's parents are??

Try at least a little subtlety......

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Don't pay too much attention to the best friend nurse - it's a test. Old school TG 101 stuff.
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

No, not in the slightest and i am sorry you read it that way.....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Gather all M26's posts together and you might find enough ... 555
    Cashpoint likes this.
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobba View Post

which leaves us with a few days spare. We just have to decide where to stay for the final days of our trip. Thinking thinking 55555555

Dont think too much, leave the days free and go with the flow. Almost all hotels will have rooms if you just walk in the door.

I have always found planning ahead is not always the best.
    OzzyDamo likes this.

If you are heading down to Surat Thani and have a few days I can suggest an amazing resort/villa in Ban Krut for a couple of days

It's on it's own private beach and the villa we stayed in was beachfront with a private pool
    One of the best places I've ever stayed in Thailand

It's a quiet Thai beach area but very nice for a couple days

I will try and find the place we stayed

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Dont think too much, leave the days free and go with the flow. Almost all hotels will have rooms if you just walk in the door.

I have always found planning ahead is not always the best.
    Yes and thanks for the tip...... I just had a look on Google maps and Samui is very close to Surat Thani so it looks like being a possible good option for us....... I may not super keen to finish the trip in Phuket as i have been many times...... Seeing somewhere new is more desirable

If you are heading down to Surat Thani and have a few days I can suggest an amazing resort/villa in Ban Krut for a couple of days

It's on it's own private beach and the villa we stayed in was beachfront with a private pool
    One of the best places I've ever stayed in Thailand

It's a quiet Thai beach area but very nice for a couple days

I will try and find the place we stayed
    Much appreciated if you could do that

Much appreciated if you could do that
    Here it is
    Sunshine Paradise Resort

The beachfront villas aren't cheap but well worth it for a couple nights
    And if you your gf had 1 or 2 people she wanted to bring also the 1bdrm is still plenty big for 4 people

https://www.google.ca/search?client=...s=2018-11-13,2

It's about an hour or so north of Surat Thani

But if you want more of the crystal clear farang type resort areas then there are plenty in easy driving range south if Surat Thani

Also here's another recommendation
    You can easily take the ferry to Koh Samui

My wife and I stay here all the time and in November you could get a room here for a very affordable price

It comes with an incredible breakfast served to your room and usually a free spa treatment every day
    We love it
    It's a small resort with only 9 rooms
    Perfect for a couple getting to know each other

Villa Naliinnada

https://www.google.ca/search?ie=UTF-...lla+nalinnadda
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 16th August 2018 at 12:46.

Here it is
    Sunshine Paradise Resort

The beachfront villas aren't cheap but well worth it for a couple nights
    And if you your gf had 1 or 2 people she wanted to bring also the 1bdrm is still plenty big for 4 people

https://www.google.ca/search?client=...s=2018-11-13,2

It's about an hour or so north of Surat Thani

But if you want more of the crystal clear farang type resort areas then there are plenty in easy driving range south if Surat Thani

Also here's another recommendation
    You can easily take the ferry to Koh Samui

My wife and I stay here all the time and in November you could get a room here for a very affordable price

It comes with an incredible breakfast served to your room and usually a free spa treatment every day
    We love it
    It's a small resort with only 9 rooms
    Perfect for a couple getting to know each other

Villa Naliinnada

https://www.google.ca/search?ie=UTF-...lla+nalinnadda
    Thanks.....

I checked out Villa Naliinnada and it looks really nice...... It is however fully booked out until Jan 2019......

I will check out Sunshine Paradise Resort soon

We also stayed at this place on M26 recommendation, was very good, breakfast and staff are excellent, and the daily massage was a treat.
    Cobba likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Thanks.....

I checked out Villa Naliinnada and it looks really nice...... It is however fully booked out until Jan 2019......

I will check out Sunshine Paradise Resort soon
    Bang Sapahan, just down the road from Ban Krut and nowhere near as touristy, is good value too. Got some good little beach side bars there and plenty of nice places to stay.
    Cobba likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Just remember...Nov is rainy season both here (Samui) and Surat Thani...you may run into some inclement weather....

It will only take you about an hour to drive to the ferry terminal (ferries leave on the hour) and the crossing is approx 1.5 hours by the time you get off and on your way...

I'd have a look at AirBnB's if I were you...should be able to get a stunning villa with pool etc at a reasonable rate in Nov...perhaps you might want to invite the wife's parents to a holiday with you by way of thanks...would be plenty of room if you take that option...

pretty sure Villa Naliinnada is under refurb/reno atm..looks like that from the road anyway...so that maybe why it is not available....
    Cobba likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Just remember...Nov is rainy season both here (Samui) and Surat Thani...you may run into some inclement weather....

It will only take you about an hour to drive to the ferry terminal (ferries leave on the hour) and the crossing is approx 1.5 hours by the time you get off and on your way...

I'd have a look at AirBnB's if I were you...should be able to get a stunning villa with pool etc at a reasonable rate in Nov...perhaps you might want to invite the wife's parents to a holiday with you by way of thanks...would be plenty of room if you take that option...

pretty sure Villa Naliinnada is under refurb/reno atm..looks like that from the road anyway...so that maybe why it is not available....
    Good post Bacwaan and thanks for the advice.... He’ll, I didn’t know it was the wet season there in November..... Oh well, I am sure a good time will be had if wet.... My main interest is introducing myself to the parents and expressing my love for their daughter...... I am very thankful luck has come my way and delivered a very good girl with the same intentions as what I have and that’s love.....

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post

Wow, good to hear
    I LOVE that place but the rooms were getting a bit worn

Funny when I have Cobba the recommendation I almost decided to book it myself for October even though we have no plans for Samui because I love that place so much!

Wow, good to hear
    I LOVE that place but the rooms were getting a bit worn

Funny when I have Cobba the recommendation I almost decided to book it myself for October even though we have no plans for Samui because I love that place so much!
    And you can hang out with that dog......what was his name? We were just talking about him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    And you can hang out with that dog......what was his name? We were just talking about him yesterday.
    I don't know

I like him but the don't clean him enough and they definitely don't clean out his eye junk!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast