The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By Gazmac
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes
  • 1 Post By Bacon
  • 2 Post By Gazmac

Thread: Gone Fishing

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar

Gone Fishing

Off to Phuket on Tuesday !

I had planned this trip for a reunion that doesn't look like it's happening now.. A mate asked a couple of weeks ago, when are you on holidays next ?
    Actually I am supposed to be going to Phuket in November i replied ! Oh Really ? I need a holiday and have never been overseas ! You want to come with me ? Hell Yes ! he replied .

Now as this friend is also my fishing buddy , he asked if we could catch squid there ! Yes you can ! OMG can we make this a fishing trip as well ? Yep why not ! Can we find a squidding charter ? Don't know i replied but i'll do some research !
    Well one thing lead to another and I stumbled across a facebook page for Phuket Squid Club ! Sweet ! Just what i wanted ! After chatting with a couple of them via google translate we have arranged to meet up with a few of them to go fishing . Possibly also for snakehead etc as well .

So this could be ( i am hoping 555 ) a very different trip to what was originally planned .

Will also be good to get my mates reaction to another country at the same time ! He is not much of a bar scene person so we will see what happens that way . But i will certainly be going out to a few even if he doesn't want to ! Staying at Summer Breeze so i'll just leave him in the capable hands of the staff there to baby sit him for me if needed 5555

Bring on Tuesday ! Can't wait to see how this trip turns out !
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Sounds great, Gazmac. Anything new is a treat. And, don't forget the bar scene. It can be fun for a new-comer... even as just an observer. it's just the electric "vibe" that seems to happen. You can't "explain" it to others. It is more of a feeling than anything else.

As I mentioned before, when my son came to visit me in 2016, he had a great time visiting the few bars I frequent, and going out for meals. And, he met all my old and current girlfriends. As it turned out, he met most of them before many of them disappeared from the bar scene, or moved to a different city. My son is not a bar guy at all, and like me he seldom has more than one or two beer. He doesn't chase the ladies, but they all seem to like him. Some of my old girl friends asked if they could "take him home" with them, 555. But, Matt is a happily married man and doesn't "mess around".

The fishing will just be a bonus on your trip. Be sure to write a report.
    Gazmac likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Off to Phuket on Tuesday !

I had planned this trip for a reunion that doesn't look like it's happening now.. A mate asked a couple of weeks ago, when are you on holidays next ?
    Actually I am supposed to be going to Phuket in November i replied ! Oh Really ? I need a holiday and have never been overseas ! You want to come with me ? Hell Yes ! he replied .

Now as this friend is also my fishing buddy , he asked if we could catch squid there ! Yes you can ! OMG can we make this a fishing trip as well ? Yep why not ! Can we find a squidding charter ? Don't know i replied but i'll do some research !
    Well one thing lead to another and I stumbled across a facebook page for Phuket Squid Club ! Sweet ! Just what i wanted ! After chatting with a couple of them via google translate we have arranged to meet up with a few of them to go fishing . Possibly also for snakehead etc as well .

So this could be ( i am hoping 555 ) a very different trip to what was originally planned .

Will also be good to get my mates reaction to another country at the same time ! He is not much of a bar scene person so we will see what happens that way . But i will certainly be going out to a few even if he doesn't want to ! Staying at Summer Breeze so i'll just leave him in the capable hands of the staff there to baby sit him for me if needed 5555

Bring on Tuesday ! Can't wait to see how this trip turns out !
    Gaz
    All the main bars around Bangla now have specials all night
    80baht beers and other specials

I suggest plopping him down there at 1st to people watch and soak in the scene before dragging him into any sois

That may loosen him up

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    If he's never left the country then his idea of bar scene would be apples and oranges. As long as he's not actually averse to a little drinking and lighthearted debauchery he'll not only be enjoying himself but going back home a changed man.

This should be a good one!
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    If he's never left the country then his idea of bar scene would be apples and oranges. As long as he's not actually averse to a little drinking and lighthearted debauchery he'll not only be enjoying himself but going back home a changed man.

This should be a good one!
    Might ruin him, Bacon... like it did me. 555

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Haha yes guys i will be taking him out a couple of times whether he likes it or not ! He does drink but not a lot ! I have tried explaining to him its totally different to bars here in Perth ! Doesn't get it , so i gave up and will just drag him out !
    Yes marc26 thats exactly my plan ! Bangla rd bar and people watch to start with or maybe a few bars that have pool tables. I know he will enjoy himself !
    quiksilva and Ian Forbes like this.
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Gaz get a copy of "Thai Street Meat " and give it to your Mate to watch before you go 5555