The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best beach destinations in Thailand for next holiday

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Wrong post
    Last edited by Stillearly; 21st December 2018 at 04:21.

Cadet Bronze
    Some other suggestions:

The west coast of Koh Phangan on a week when there is no full moon party is easily accessible by scooter and basically deserted. Lots of beaches with nobody on them, clear water, good snorkeling, and variety. Plenty of cheap resorts along that route too if you are looking for a quiet beach only destination.

The little island (sort of tourist trap) Koh Nangyuan about 1km (or less) off of Koh Tao is actually the best snorkeling I had ever in Thailand. It is a bit of a tourist trap, but for good reason. Worth a day trip on the fast ferry.

If Patong is a must. Tri Trang is my favorite by far. Less so since they put up that fucking fence, used to be great when you could pull up the motorbike under the trees and part right behind your spot. You get shade from the trees. Used to be very few people. You do have to plan a bit around the tides as the reef strait out from the beach is very shallow during a low tide. But given its proximity to Patong, its actually amazing compared to the other options. Recommend taking a kayak off the beach out to the longtail moorings, tie up and snorkel in 7m-10m water there. Will be headed there a few times in the next few weeks for sure, will report on conditions as I have not been there for 3 years.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Krabi and Phuket are good destinations with lots to see and do. I once had a time share in Jomptien (Pattaya) and would use it as an exchange to Phuket for a week. A lady friend of mine in Phuket had a car and when my week was up in Phuket we drove drove over to Krabi and Ao Nang where we rented a place there for a week. We rented a boat for a few days and visited a bunch of islands in the area. It was one of my nicer holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhio View Post
    Some other suggestions:

The west coast of Koh Phangan on a week when there is no full moon party is easily accessible by scooter and basically deserted. Lots of beaches with nobody on them, clear water, good snorkeling, and variety. Plenty of cheap resorts along that route too if you are looking for a quiet beach only destination.

The little island (sort of tourist trap) Koh Nangyuan about 1km (or less) off of Koh Tao is actually the best snorkeling I had ever in Thailand. It is a bit of a tourist trap, but for good reason. Worth a day trip on the fast ferry.

If Patong is a must. Tri Trang is my favorite by far. Less so since they put up that fucking fence, used to be great when you could pull up the motorbike under the trees and part right behind your spot. You get shade from the trees. Used to be very few people. You do have to plan a bit around the tides as the reef strait out from the beach is very shallow during a low tide. But given its proximity to Patong, its actually amazing compared to the other options. Recommend taking a kayak off the beach out to the longtail moorings, tie up and snorkel in 7m-10m water there. Will be headed there a few times in the next few weeks for sure, will report on conditions as I have not been there for 3 years.
    Brian
    If you talk about our beach one more time we will have bigger issues than our Trump debates. 5555

Shhhhh.....

PS.....Ao loved it and yelled at me for not taking her before. But she was not impressed with that very steep decline down that hill!
    kuhio likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123