Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: PGC...Old Gits trip

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    Having blamed the demise of the Patong Beer bars on, in part, the Chinese. I remembered that while at OTOP, 5 Chinese, 3 men and 2 women, popped into a bar I was sat at. They ordered 2 beers and 5 glasses, and then proceeded to eat all the peanuts from the bar.

The owner wasn't impressed.....She also had loads of stories about people checking the price of beer, and walking round for ages, until they found a bar at 79baht, as opposed to 80baht. The normal nationalities were mentioned, but it had to be said that there were a few Aussies that fell into this catagory as well.

Me I go for the craic, and as long as nobody takes the p1ss price wise I'm happy.
    Without a doubt the majority of tourists are Indian and Muslim now with Chinese following right behind them

PGC
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PGC's Avatar
    So is Patong still worth it. Well I always say a good time is where you find it. If you go with the attitude that it's not like it used to be and prices are getting daft then you won't enjoy it. But if you go with an open mind then you can still find fun.

The bar girls are not pushy, but maybe not as good looking as they used to be. Or maybe I'm looking through rose coloured glasses.

Pole dancers were a big thing but now only one that I saw at Tiger and one very flexible girl at Oscar bar were noticible. The Oscar bar dancer was incredible and seemed up for it if you fancy a night with some incredible positions thrown in, but I would leave that to the 20 or 30 somethings.

More women about, and more drunk as skunks women about. Seeing two drunk girls carrying a very drunk girl home on their shoulders was hilarious as they must have collapsed every 5 or so steps. Taking an age to get up then falling again. But a slow fall where the middle one went 1st then it tended to be the one on the right before the one on the left got a soft fall on top of both of them. They laughed out loud and then got up slowly, last one down, first one up. These were Indian women, who appear to buck the trend of their male counterparts.

The clubs looked busy, at least from the outside, and the freelance talent was nearly all ladyboys.

OTOP is no longer a daytime drinking venue. Just not enough bars open, and nobody drinking there. Shame it was my go to place during the day.

More people wandering around with beers in hand from the 7-11. It can be a cheap holiday if you want it to be.

We went in low season so maybe alot of this is down to timing. But we always go in low season. Plus all the bars and shops said that there isn't a high season anymore, just a low and a mid.

Loads more families about. Why people drag their kids down Bangla Rd is beyond me, but I guess it's a great education for the odd teenage lad.

Having said all that, it was my best holiday ever. Friends make holidays, and we can enjoy ourselves wherever we go.

Patong still is a great place to people watch, and get drunk in, and Suzi Wongs is the best place to do both.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    The spending habits with the new demographics won't have helped, but Patong also being a rip off doesn't help either.
    I thought I had fallen out of love with Phuket but had a great time when I went last year. I plan to go again in the future, maybe next year.
    PGC and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Fun report PGC. But after reading your Patong Eulogy I didn't expect it was your best Holiday ever! But it is an old gits perspective. And we do grow more philosophical..55
    Last edited by Dupree; 8th October 2019 at 04:51.
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Fun report PGC. But after reading your Patong Eulogy I didn't expect it was your best Holiday ever! But it is an old an old gits perspective. And we do grow more philosophical..55
    Think you hit the nail on the head. Which is more than I can do on those logs with the funny hammers.

It was a good trip because I didn't go white water rafting, or cliff jumping ,or left a thumping nightclub at 6;30am.

I just had a damn good laugh with friends that even Man Utd's dismal performances could not ruin. Oh and the odd afternoon kip.
    Quarky, bacwaan, OZZYGUY and 1 others like this.

I'm beginning to think I might be Chinese...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Think you hit the nail on the head. Which is more than I can do on those logs with the funny hammers.

It was a good trip because I didn't go white water rafting, or cliff jumping ,or left a thumping nightclub at 6;30am.

I just had a damn good laugh with friends that even Man Utd's dismal performances could not ruin. Oh and the odd afternoon kip.
    yes great TR, thanks for sharing..........

I like Patong for 3 days and thoroughly enjoy those 3 days
    After I like being somewhere less congested

But if I am getting pissed for a week with my friends, could be a bus stop and I'd have fun.........

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Great report, PGC. Like everything in life, it is all about perspective. We do change over the years and very little stays the same. What once totally fascinated us changes to a take it or leave it philosophy. For me it's more about socializing with friends. If someone is not having a good time then it kills it for everyone. I seldom go to bars anymore, but I will go out if a friend comes to town. And, even then we only go to the few places where I know the staff. I'm not much of a drinker and seldom have more than one beer. Bars would go broke with customers like me. I have no need to take the bar ladies home because I have "friends" who take care of those needs.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar

I have to get back to Pattaya. I skipped it last year for the first time in 10 years. I need to get philosophical on Soi Honey...555
    bacwaan likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I have to get back to Pattaya. I skipped it last year for the first time in 10 years. I need to get philosophical on Soi Honey...555
    Have a wank and you'll get a wank....sounds like something the current PM of Australia would offer...

Cultural avoidance never ends well..

Platinum
    I have just got back from a 7 day stay.

I was going to do a TR - but I was a bit ashamed by some of my antics.
    Ian Forbes, OZZYGUY and Stillearly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post

You visited a temple for the first time?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I've got mixed feelings about a possible trip to Pattaya this coming winter... just for old times sake. My last trip was with Pui in 2014 and the memories of her might hurt too much. It was her one and only "holiday" in her entire life. I know longer know anyone down there. My former connections in Pattaya have moved on to Vietnam, and I'm no longer a bar hopper.... especially alone.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post

Go on Do one , It might help you to purge you your sins on here . Dont forget the pics 555
    Last edited by Tingtong; 8th October 2019 at 17:05.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Go on Do one , It might help you to purge you your sins on here . Dont forget the pics 555
    be careful what you ask for....555
    PGC, OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I'm beginning to think I might be Chinese...
    Small Pen1s...Obsession with ground Rhino Horn and world domination.........?
    OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.

Small Pen1s...Obsession with ground Rhino Horn and world domination.........?
    No, I like nuts more than beer... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    No, I like nuts more than beer... 55
    I am sure there are some special sois for your preferences.
    Quarky, PGC and Stillearly like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123