Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Cancun

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I like the idea of 4 days crazy in Cancun ending with a laidback time in Tulum. I love that area. Some of the coolest beach bars around. Enjoy!
    I’ve never been to Isla Holbox but after viewing the video it also looks like a great place to relax if you want or do some of the activities available.
    Yeah I think it's planned out perfectly

Get on it for 4 days in Cancun
    Holbox is the "new Tulum" they say....but much less to do in terms of nightlife
    So really chill and then I set it up to be in Tulum for the weekend
    Which works out well

Can't wait to get out of the rain
    I don't think I've ever taken a holiday just to escape the weather more than this one

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Tulum is one of my favourite places in the world.
    Has been since 1981 , but wasnt much there back then.
    WE'd sit on the Mayan pyramid with a Tecate Beer at Sunset ....just lovely.

Theres a lake nearby - see it !

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post

Well done video. Nicely edited and the use of the drone makes it special. It doesn't hurt that the ladies are lovely. That Superholly has her shit together.

I am going to head to Laguna Kaan Luum one day when I rent a car and hit a bunch of cenotes

I think you'd fine Tulum unrecognizable but still amazing

I think they have the best beach Rd anywhere I've ever been
    I guess I could complain you can't see the water
    But the laid back tree lined street with little bars and amazing restaurants dotting the street make up for it

I would say it's the best food destinations I've ever been
    Combination of high end and local casual food

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

One thing that blows my mind about Tulum is they seemed to have gotten it 100% right
    And I don't know how that's possible when you have all these separately owned businesses

Now I am sure there is ordinances on building heights

But it just seems like every restaurant is nicer and cooler than the next
    Every building is perfectly situated on the street

And I was looking at real estate today just out of curiosity

Every condo just seems gorgeous with the best interior designers

It's bizarre....to be honest with you
    Rockitt and Ian Forbes like this.

Its bizzare because its Mexico .

But back then they were still building Cancun , and EVERYTHING was being addressed properly , even bus lanes and layovers and parking areas and proper sewerage treatment.

Perhaps its the Quintana Roo Government thats got it together ?
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar

as opposed to the "Mai Roo" Govt here..55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Its bizzare because its Mexico .

But back then they were still building Cancun , and EVERYTHING was being addressed properly , even bus lanes and layovers and parking areas and proper sewerage treatment.

We like to think of places like Mexico as backward, but I've seen docos on the Corona factory and it's more operationally impressive than a lot of companies here. You can only imagine what a powerhouse it could be without the cartels and the corruption.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    We like to think of places like Mexico as backward, but I've seen docos on the Corona factory and it's more operationally impressive than a lot of companies here. You can only imagine what a powerhouse it could be without the cartels and the corruption.
    I've never seen anything backwards about it

But I just dont know how Tulum came together

I guess a lot of like minded people
    Like I said......I dont think I've ever seen so many good restaurants in one area

But I guess one inspired the other

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    https://www.10best.com/interests/foo...y-destination/

^Tulum is boho-chic. Two things that you are not...555
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

https://www.insidehook.com/article/t...avels-to-tulum

Last trip, I stayed at Azulik Hotel and Spa, a tree house eco resort slightly removed (a short walk) from the beginning of the beach strip. When I visited, their restaurant was under construction, so I couldn’t wait to give it a try. I booked a reservation online via Open Table and timed it so I’d be seated for sunrise. I arrived early to explore and take pictures, along with a flock of camera-clad happy hour goers and couples on date night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    https://www.10best.com/interests/foo...y-destination/

^Tulum is boho-chic. Two things that you are not...555
    I don't know what I am and dont care
    I know I like nice restaurants like they have...

You see what they say started the restaurant trend down there?
    That damn restaurant Hartwood!

I've put their opening hours on my phone and I am damn sure I will get there this time 555

Oh for Fcuk sakes...

"Reservations open a month in advance – and fill up! – so set a notification on your phone to book your spot.''

TO EAT ?

This is what some Americans do in Paradise ?

Make sure that palm tree is EXACTLY in the correct place just like the photo for when I ( ME !!!) arrive and wander into REAL wild jungle !

Fcuk me.

Reservations ??

Dont ( some ) Americans realise that making a Reservation or lining up is exactly the ANTIHESIS of being laid back in the jungle?

Obviously not.
    The girlfriend and I , on our first day in Tulum ( way back ) had a very long lunch in a big grass hut restaurant in Tulum villiage ( there were maybe 4 places )
    At the end and maybe 4pm , the Senora asked us where we were staying.
    We said we were going to look for a campground nearby.
    She said there werent any , but she had a long , big block of land that reached the sand about 2 kms north , and a small casa on it already rented on it for 3 days , and since our van was self sufficient, to pull inside the gate and under the coconut trees not far in , and gave us a key to the chain on the gate ... no payment required , just come back and eat breakfast at her place and return the key ... So we thank her and will obviously return the next day , and off we go ...
    We do as she said , and are hanging out our Merida 'ammaka' ( hammocks ) when we hear crunching gravel foot steps from way off , and finally a very pretty young American girl , small , with long wrinkley black hair , but with an angry face ...She turns out to be a NY Jewess ...

We say , "Hi !"
    She doesnt return it ... just says , "What do you think you are doing here ?"
    Im ready to get nasty , but my gf shusses me and explains.
    NY girl says , "Not good enough , we are of the understanding that the WHOLE 2 acres are OURS for us living here!"
    Gf , says , "Oh , Im sorry , the Senora said that the small Casa was just rented for 3 days ...if you guys LIVE here maybe we are on the wrong land .." ( and then even I feel apologetic )
    NY girl says , "Well yeah , we are living here for 3 days .. and you got no right ..."

Now I get my back up again , and go , " You call THREE days , "living" somewhere ? So we ARE in the correct spot ..This is easily solved . We got a key that opens the gate chain. You think we stole it ? Go get the OWNER to run us off , if not , just fcuk off down to your beach shack that we cant even SEE , OR get your truck and go get the Senora , and we'll go if she says so .."
    My gf gets placating , "We arent gonna bother you , please , we are sleeping on hammocks up here near the gate..."

You know what her reply was?

"Well , we dont have any transport , so YOU are obliged to take us down in your truck to PROVE WHO YOU ARE !"

I guess you can figure out my response.

She headed back , yelling , "Now im getting my boyfriend !" , but he was obviously sensible enough to see the merit of enjoying 1.98 acres in peace ..

But this fcuken , "Ive booked and I own this 2 acre part of Paradise and Im going to LIVE here 3 days...and dont you bother me !", really annoys the sh!t out of other nationalities.

Renting is not ''owning". Nobody sets out to impinge on your self proclaimed 'property' Miss NY...

American women tourists must be the most precious in the world .

Anyway , I met lots of cool US kids back then , but people like HER really negated lots of good impressions...

She did her best to fcuk up the 'casualness' that any paradise should have.

Reservations in 'Paradise' isnt cool ...its the opposite of "Cool"... 555
    Last edited by Chob; 31st January 2020 at 01:03.
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

^OK Boomer...55

Nice table..

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Oh for Fcuk sakes...

"Reservations open a month in advance – and fill up! – so set a notification on your phone to book your spot.''

TO EAT ?

Make sure that palm tree is EXACTLY in the correct place just like the photo for when I ( ME !!!) arrive and wander into REAL wild jungle !

Fcuk me.

Reservations ??

Dont ( some ) Americans realise that making a Reservation or lining up is exactly the ANTIHESIS of being laid back in the jungle?

Obviously not.
    You took holidays to bang hookers and sit in a bar the size of a big closet(so did I!)
    So can you really judge what people do on their holidays?? 5555

You are also comparing backpacking for months vs a couple(most likely) going away for a week

So for them to set certain nights to eat a certain place doesn't seem out of whack....
    (Or be like me and drag Dupree to the place 3x in a week and it be closed every time 5555)

Tulum is a food destination now. A lot of people go there specifically for the restaurants
    I can still envision a very laid back holiday with your dinner reservations made for even all 7 nights of your holiday

That being said....I'm not a reservation guy. Even at home. Drives my wife crazy....

You left out the part that walk-ins are encouraged so they leave tables open for that
    I prefer eating at the bar so never make reservations

But Hartwood doesn't have a bar
    I would rock up
    If they say an hour I'd just bop around and have some drinks and come back
    That sounds pretty laid back to me...
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 31st January 2020 at 01:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    ^OK Boomer...55
    "Hello . This is Paradise . We can fit you in as long as you are here at 5pm and have left by 6.30pm. We advise that theres a 2 cocktail minimum , and or $100 minimum purchase PER PERSON excluding all taxes and surcharges. We add that we are not in any way libel for the sun not setting beautifully , even though we know that it will ruin your day. We also wish to point out that we are equal opportunity employers so we provide worthy work ( dish washing and bathroom cleaning ) to the indigenous folk at minimum wage and they are damn happy we are here to "help" them. We urge you not to tip them , as it may ruin their society and lead to rampant consumerism that could eventually spoil their lovely natural environment that we have now purchased and where we intend to develop 223 ( a Mayan Lucky Number !) luxury villas. Te veo pronto !!"
    Ian Forbes likes this.

"Hello . This is Paradise . We can fit you in as long as you are here at 5pm and have left by 6.30pm. We advise that theres a 2 cocktail minimum , and or $100 minimum purchase PER PERSON excluding all taxes and surcharges. We add that we are not in any way libel for the sun not setting beautifully , even though we know that it will ruin your day. We also wish to point out that we are equal opportunity employers so we provide worthy work ( dish washing and bathroom cleaning ) to the indigenous folk at minimum wage and they are damn happy we are here to "help" them. We urge you not to tip them , as it may ruin their society and lead to rampant consumerism that could eventually spoil their lovely natural environment that we have now purchased and where we intend to develop 223 ( a Mayan Lucky Number !) luxury villas. Te veo pronto !!"
    Dramatic much there Deano?????

It's a dinner reservation 5555

PS....Half the things you just accused people of doing, happen relentlessly in a place you have chosen to live and at a much worse clip than Mexico would ever allow.
    You live in Kamala and talk about ruining natural environment? That's precious
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 31st January 2020 at 13:09.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Oh for Fcuk sakes...

TO EAT ?

Fcuk me.

Reservations ??

Obviously not.
    The girlfriend and I , on our first day in Tulum ( way back ) had a very long lunch in a big grass hut restaurant in Tulum villiage ( there were maybe 4 places )
    At the end and maybe 4pm , the Senora asked us where we were staying.
    We said we were going to look for a campground nearby.
    She said there werent any , but she had a long , big block of land that reached the sand about 2 kms north , and a small casa on it already rented on it for 3 days , and since our van was self sufficient, to pull inside the gate and under the coconut trees not far in , and gave us a key to the chain on the gate ... no payment required , just come back and eat breakfast at her place and return the key ... So we thank her and will obviously return the next day , and off we go ...
    We do as she said , and are hanging out our Merida 'ammaka' ( hammocks ) when we hear crunching gravel foot steps from way off , and finally a very pretty young American girl , small , with long wrinkley black hair , but with an angry face ...She turns out to be a NY Jewess ...

We say , "Hi !"
    She doesnt return it ... just says , "What do you think you are doing here ?"
    Im ready to get nasty , but my gf shusses me and explains.
    NY girl says , "Not good enough , we are of the understanding that the WHOLE 2 acres are OURS for us living here!"
    Gf , says , "Oh , Im sorry , the Senora said that the small Casa was just rented for 3 days ...if you guys LIVE here maybe we are on the wrong land .." ( and then even I feel apologetic )
    NY girl says , "Well yeah , we are living here for 3 days .. and you got no right ..."

Now I get my back up again , and go , " You call THREE days , "living" somewhere ? So we ARE in the correct spot ..This is easily solved . We got a key that opens the gate chain. You think we stole it ? Go get the OWNER to run us off , if not , just fcuk off down to your beach shack that we cant even SEE , OR get your truck and go get the Senora , and we'll go if she says so .."
    My gf gets placating , "We arent gonna bother you , please , we are sleeping on hammocks up here near the gate..."

You know what her reply was?

"Well , we dont have any transport , so YOU are obliged to take us down in your truck to PROVE WHO YOU ARE !"

I guess you can figure out my response.

She headed back , yelling , "Now im getting my boyfriend !" , but he was obviously sensible enough to see the merit of enjoying 1.98 acres in peace ..

But this fcuken , "Ive booked and I own this 2 acre part of Paradise and Im going to LIVE here 3 days...and dont you bother me !", really annoys the sh!t out of other nationalities.

Renting is not ''owning". Nobody sets out to impinge on your self proclaimed 'property' Miss NY...

American women tourists must be the most precious in the world .

Anyway , I met lots of cool US kids back then , but people like HER really negated lots of good impressions...

She did her best to fcuk up the 'casualness' that any paradise should have.

Reservations in 'Paradise' isnt cool ...its the opposite of "Cool"... 555
    Funny thing about entitled tourists is they carry their illusory safety bubble to other countries with them. Until someone gives em a fat lip and they realise they ain't in Kansas anymore. English women are big offenders too. Loudmouthed hoes.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

From the country of the Hamburger Flipping Cadillac Driver...55

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast