Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Cancun

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Got my poolside Rambler ready.😎

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

^Is that pepper spray for Yetis?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    ^Is that pepper spray for Yetis?

Yeti is a company that makes high quality coolers and drink containers that keep things cold, or hot as the case may be.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post

Yeti is a company that makes high quality coolers and drink containers that keep things cold, or hot as the case may be.
    You may find this interesting Forbes.....

The technology is from Thailand
    It was actually 2 fisherman guides that went looking for a better fish cooler that would stay cold longer

They found it in Thailand and bought the technology
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Got my poolside Rambler ready.😎

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Trying to figure out which Yeti to take 555

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    ^ Just take the wine ...fcuk the fish ! 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    You may find this interesting Forbes.....

The technology is from Thailand
    It was actually 2 fisherman guides that went looking for a better fish cooler that would stay cold longer

They found it in Thailand and bought the technology
    My hat is off to anyone who sees a good product and markets it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    ^ Just take the wine ...fcuk the fish ! 55
    Those are two whoppers also!
    Got them from brokers in my firm

But they are so good(and expensive) I keep waiting to drink them for the right occasion
    Don't know when that will be 5555

Reminds me when I brought a bottle of Caymus with me to Thailand
    Kept putting it off when I'd drink it

Come back to my hotel after being out all day
    My wife and her 2 friends are sitting on the balcony eating God Know's What and drinking my Caymus with ice cubes!!!

But they are so good(and expensive) I keep waiting to drink them for the right occasion

My wife and her 2 friends are sitting on the balcony eating God Know's What and drinking my Caymus with ice cubes!!!

Serves you right 555

Sacrilege !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Sacrilege !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The thing is, is in Vancouver Ao was always worried about drinking the wine(usually when I was on biz trip)
    "I'd get mad"

So I told her it's her home, she can drink any bottle she wants(I don't usually have Caymus laying around 5555)

Well, she got comfortable and drank the bottle hanging around!
    Chob likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Always had ice in the wi deng @ CM...with room temps hovering round the 40*C mark....a glass of hot red just ain't right.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Ideal storage temperatures: Red Wine: 12˚C > 19˚C, White Wine: 8˚C > 12˚C, Champagne: 5˚C - 8˚C.

Yep
    I put the Red in the fridge for 10 or 15 mins before drinking to get it about 20c.

I feel Thailand is better suited to cold sweeter whites like Chardonays and Mosels.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ I do the opposite with red wines....store them in the crisper of the fridge then get them out about 15-20 mins, open them and let them breathe/return to optimal drinking temp...

I like very cold dry white wines here like Sauvignon Blanc or chardonay...goes well with Thai food and cuts the palate nicely with fresh acid and herbaciousness...sometimes I just can't drink reds here, especially when its really hot..they taste like metal in my mouth
    Tingtong likes this.

Below is a review I posted on Trip Advisor.

The Ugly Truth About All Inclusive
    Feb 14, 2020, 8:25 AM
    Save
    I just returned from Cancun. Stayed two nights at Panama Jacks and then four at RIU Pennisula.

I checked into PJ at 6pm as it was starting to get dark. There was a party starting at the beach with live music. So I got into the food line and grabbed some delicious bbq. Good start. I didn't pig out because l wanted to try the Italian Restaurant Viaggio later.

Viaggio is a nice looking place with good service and a pleasant wait staff. I ordered the mushroom soup and the Pasta del Mar. The waiter arrived and set down a large designer bowl with some ingredients in it. Then proceeded to pour the broth over the items. I was impressed. And thought this should be good. It was horrible. It tasted like water. I tried a few more spoonfuls and no taste registered to my brain. Not even salt.

Disappointed I pushed it away and went for the 2nd course. It was fettuccine in a red seafood sauce with tiny scallops and shrimp. It looked good. But what I tasted was garbage. The sauce was bland. The seafood tasted rotten. I couldn't eat it and pushed it away. The waiter asked if I wanted to try something else.

I ordered the Lasagna. That's an easy recipe. It has to be ok. The Lasagna arrived and was stting in what looked like a watery swamp. I gave it a taste and spit it out. The cheese was not ricotta or mozzarella. The sauce lacked salt. A common theme.

It was so bad it was comical. I ordered their version of a Panna Cotta for dessert. It wasn't a true Panna Cotta in form. But it was chilled and had some sugar to wash away the terrible tastes I just experienced. Finally the waiter had to ask me about the meal. And how they could be better. I wasn't showing any anger. I pleasantly replied that they needed better Italian recipes and ingredients. Then the manager came over and tried to justify it by saying. If I went to Italy and ordered tacos I would have the same experience in reverse...lol

What I didn't know. Was that this was a recurring theme with all the restaurants at PJ and RIU. Food that looked good but tasted like garbage. On the bright side the breakfast and lunch buffets were good. So I didn't starve. But for the last few days dinner was sought outside the hotels.
    Tingtong likes this.

I'm getting a kick out of all the replies to my review on TA. According to the xspurts I was expecting 5 star cuisine at a 3 star resort. And the old...Why do you go to mexico and expect good Italian food? 555 Well. they opened the restaurant..55 since when is a decent bowl of spaghetti high end cuisine? 555

I arrived in Cancun after a 5 hr flight from Frisco. Landed at 5pm. Arranged pu to Panama Jacks AI Hotel. After my shitty Italian food I think I went to bed. Woke up and had a great breakfast. The AI does put out a good selection in the morning. You have to be careful and get the All You Can Eat vibe out of your mind. I staked out a nice lounge at the pool and took in the sun. There was plenty of sun but the wind was a little much. As the morning turned to noon I was a few Pina Colodas in. Feeling relaxed. I began to notice an amusing phenomenon. If you leave your lounge and leave the back up. The wind will push your chair a ways. So it was a fun little game watching this. The chairs that were already at the edge of the pool were randomly pushed into the pool. Things became hectic. There was a Russian couple behind me that left their chairs with the backs up. The wind got harder and started playing bumper lounges. Those chairs hit other chairs and those chairs knocked a few personal items of bags into the pool. The people grabbed their stuff before it go too soaked. They took out their phones and were inspecting them. The husband took out their passports and laid them on the lounge. The wind was still gusting and I was anxiously watching when a big gust blew the passports into the air over the pool. He had all sorts of cc cards and money in them. They were all floating in the pool...5555

You're an evil voyeur... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I arrived in Cancun after a 5 hr flight from Frisco. Landed at 5pm. Arranged pu to Panama Jacks AI Hotel. After my shitty Italian food I think I went to bed. Woke up and had a great breakfast. The AI does put out a good selection in the morning. You have to be careful and get the All You Can Eat vibe out of your mind. I staked out a nice lounge at the pool and took in the sun. There was plenty of sun but the wind was a little much. As the morning turned to noon I was a few Pina Colodas in. Feeling relaxed. I began to notice an amusing phenomenon. If you leave your lounge and leave the back up. The wind will push your chair a ways. So it was a fun little game watching this. The chairs that were already at the edge of the pool were randomly pushed into the pool. Things became hectic. There was a Russian couple behind me that left their chairs with the backs up. The wind got harder and started playing bumper lounges. Those chairs hit other chairs and those chairs knocked a few personal items of bags into the pool. The people grabbed their stuff before it go too soaked. They took out their phones and were inspecting them. The husband took out their passports and laid them on the lounge. The wind was still gusting and I was anxiously watching when a big gust blew the passports into the air over the pool. He had all sorts of cc cards and money in them. They were all floating in the pool...5555
    was there something wrong with the Hotel safes ?
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Coulda been worse...

Last edited by Moo Uaon; 15th February 2020 at 14:44.
    Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast