Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tane the Builder!

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar

Tane the Builder!

I have been thinking of putting this up for a while ! I know i have a little quiet for a while and few people have been wondering what's happening with the Visa for my wife etc.

Well first things first . We are still waiting to hear anything on the visa front for Tane's (my wife ) Partner visa. But it did only go in 3 months ago, so hopefully we will start to hear some thing soon'ísh .555
    In the mean time Tane has been taking care of her invalid grandmother and building our Baan on her land in the village ! So she's been quite busy .

Yes she could come back on another TV but has decided she would like to stay in Thailand until it comes through so that she can spend a lot of time with her grandmother who is 86 years old and unable to walk ! She fell and broke her back about 18 months ago.
    In the meantime i have been sending some money each month and as she gets it she has been building our Baan . She went home at the end of may. Back to Phuket to round up all her belongings etc and and sent them all back to home in Phetchabun. A few trips to BKK to sort out some extra paperwork for the visa etc. Go to get a copy of registration of married from Amphur office in Phuket where we got married and a few others as well . Get it all translated and all the fun stuff .

As I'm not a rich person and on a salary, paying off old debts to the Taxman from a business I stopped 12 months ago , I'm not flush with money but this is what we ( ok i'll rephrase that ! Tane ! ) have been able to achieve on a modest budget so far !

I'm probably a bit luckier than most , as her father (mother is deceased ) when asked about sin sot , just said to us , if you are going to build Baan in village (which he knew were our plans ) not worry about giving me money , use it to build the Baan !! That plus my wife is very frugal with her money , and doesn't ask for anything unless she actually needs it .

Tane had her own land in her village right next door to her father, so that part was one expense we didn't need to incur. As for the plans etc , i left it entirely up to her as to what type of construction she built ! Although obviously , we did have many discussions about what type of Baan we wanted ! All i said to her was as long as we have Falang hong nahm and aircon I will be happy ! Tane and I had similar tastes in which we didn't really see the need to build a mansion in the village ! But wanted something comfortable , and mix of Thai traditional and western amenities.

So this is what she has come up with so far ! Very much a Thai traditional home and im a very happy camper !
    Last edited by Gazmac; 28th October 2012 at 17:26.
    Spot likes this.

Last edited by Gazmac; 28th October 2012 at 17:29. Reason: Pic fix!
    ErrolErr likes this.

Last edited by Gazmac; 28th October 2012 at 17:32. Reason: Pic fix!
    ErrolErr likes this.

The photo above is a shot of the wall frames for the 2 bedrooms. Upstairs section will have a large living area and the 2 bedrooms.

This is where she is up to so far !
    Last edited by Gazmac; 28th October 2012 at 17:35.
    wabbits, Condo, Rivo and 2 others like this.

Not bad from a Lady that has no idea how to use a computer !! Even all the photos were taken on her phone to send to me 555555

As to the cost so far , I am not 100% on the actual figures ! All i can tell you is the since she went home to Thailand at end of May , i have sent her $9436.00 AUD. This she has used for traveling back and forwards to BKK for visa things etc , food and living & the construction of the Baan !

Now then , if only i could build that much house for the same cost here in Australia ! 5555555
    Minder, Changone and Fionn like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    WOW Gaz that is some construction, and looking awesome, I can't see support for the upper veranda, for the BBQ etc... ?

Tane has done amazing, she has being a Site Manager before ?...555

Concrete pillars ?

I am impressed mate, you know we are gonna want costs etc, it so interesting....55555

Edit: just saw the figures, that will get you about one third of a average kitchen here
    Last edited by Sydney; 28th October 2012 at 17:45.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

When Tane's finished #1, I believe she's got an order for house #2 .... then we need her up in CM for a while, ok mate. ????

Workmanship is excellent, everything plumb and professional. Even the scaffold.... wow!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Thanks Sydney !
    555 yes i know your going to want the costs etc !! She hasn't told me as yet but she has told me she is keeping every receipt for anything she buys so i can see when i see her next !
    Yes concrete pillars ! Site manager ?? hmm not as far as i know ! Verandah etc , i will be adding to it as we go !
    Her next part of the project is inside !

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    hey Gaz.
    That is fantastic!! looks great and for such a small amount so far.

My only question/concern, shouldn't they have put insulation under the roof sheeting??
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Ok ill tell Tane she now has a fulltime job waiting for her in Chiang Mai shall i Rob ??? hmmm now to negotiate a salary !!!! hehe

yes JC i asked her what and how she was going to do for insulation ! All i got back was i have idea and i know how to do ! She didnt know how to put it into english for me ! But with what shes done so far ill let her go with what shes got planned !
    We can always redo or something later if need be !

I have to say this ! This is wholly her doing and planning ! everything you see is hers ! The only input i have had is things like how many rooms you want , plastic doors or wood doors , what colour you like for this or that , you want big aircon or small ? ? ? Things like that .
    Last edited by Gazmac; 28th October 2012 at 17:55.

Re : the scaffolding Rob : I've never seen real steel scaffolding there before , so i got a bit of a shock when i saw it as well !

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^ Well she has done so soo well so far I would guess she will have an answer/alternative way.
    If it is not efficient enough you can remove the sheeting and lay an insulation blanket under them, just need longer screws.

Keep us posted, love the photo's.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Well done to the two of you, I am looking forward to some photo's of the finished house as I am sure are a lot of BM's her...
    People often underestimate the resourcefulness and ingenuity of many of these Thai ladies....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Well done to the two of you, I am looking forward to some photo's of the finished house as I am sure are a lot of BM's her...
    People often underestimate the resourcefulness and ingenuity of many of these Thai ladies....
    Tane knows what she wants and how to get it!

Which sections of timber were 'borrowed' off Dad's house? Will he get them back Garry? 555
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

TBH honest Rob , i think it was some of the upright support posts ! lol But im not too sure ! I know they did cut down some trees as the Thais do .

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Fantastic Gaz, Tane is quite a woman!! 555 Great pics and you have to be incredibly proud of her. Cant' wait to see the house inside and out when it is finished, so keep posting to keep us informed.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

If and when we build in CM, I'll do all the wiring and plumbing as I see some terrible installs, even in quality homes. Things like no P or S traps, no venting (stink pipes) and lack of forethought regarding lights/fans.
    One example, the house we are renting is great tho built on the cheap; no ceiling insulation + down-lights = heat and vermin (geckos). Ceiling fans are cheap (600 baht), tho not ONE installed in almost every house we inspected in the mooban. Lew's place is an exception, not the rule.
    Cheers, Rob.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Great update Gaz, congrats to Tane for taking on the task of building a house without you there. The picture updates are great, I think you should put them into a photo album and keep updating, from start to finish.

I thought you had been a bit quiet lately, now I know why
    Gazmac likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Looks great gazmac. Looking forward to the updates.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast