Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: The Inlaws New Home

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar

The Inlaws New Home

You guys might have seen an earlier post where Nings parents sold their City home gave us 100,000Bt and have moved rural on the outskirts of Ubon Ratchathani.

They bought 2 Rai with included a chilli farm but without a house.

Well they have started building and as you can see from the photo and the posts that have just been erected. Its not a very good photo but hopefully as it progresses I will get some better and more detailed ones and also some costings. The other photo is of family celebrating the laying of the posts.

Its apparently going to be a low set home, I have no idea why?

They want to have it completed by the time I leave Ubon on 1st May and Ning & Charlotte will have a place to stay for the extra month they are staying in Thailand.

I guess Ning and I won't have to worry about purchasing any land when It comes time to build.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    That looks like a nice spot Condo r2 rai of chili sounds like a TG dream.555

Is that just north of Ubon, off the Amnat Charoen road? We drove through a chili-growing area on way to Chong Mek. Always amazes me how one part grows rice, another, pumpkin and melons etc.

A 240v water pump I installed on Jo's farm has seen a mini pawpaw plantation spring up around the cattle shed. If we were living there I'd be growing chili as it's an excellent cash crop between rice harvests.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Is that just north of Ubon, off the Amnat Charoen road? We drove through a chili-growing area on way to Chong Mek. Always amazes me how one part grows rice, another, pumpkin and melons etc.

A 240v water pump I installed on Jo's farm has seen a mini pawpaw plantation spring up around the cattle shed. If we were living there I'd be growing chili as it's an excellent cash crop between rice harvests.
    Hi Rob,

Ive tried to get directions relevant to hotels so I can google earth and in the end I've given up. I thought it might have been at the eastern end of the airport but it seems they are now saying that staying at the Sunee Grand is still close so we should stay there.

Even Ning is lost, so I guess we will have to wait until we get there

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Two storey doesn't work when the knees/hips are kaput.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Two storey doesn't work when the knees/hips are kaput.
    Yep 100% correct. I asked Ning why it wasn't elevated and she and her sister decided it was for that exact reason, they are getting old and stairs will just be a hindrance later in life

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    And with 2 Rai they don't need a "small footprint".

The Sunee is central to everywhere in Ubon!

Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    The Sunee is central to everywhere in Ubon!
    And I'm happy we can stay there, as I enjoyed it a lot last time.

I still have a feeling the new house is to the east of airport over near the big temple thats shaped like a boat surrounded by water.

MeMock your children grew up there do I need to worry about TB shots or Malaria for my daughter who will be staying there from 8 months of age?

Yes it is a good place to stay, we stay there often. Depending on how many of the kids are joining us and what our plans or if I am travelling solo places like T3 and Phadaeng are a nice and much cheaper alternative. In regards to TB shots etc - no I would not worry about it. Your main concern is Dengue. Just keep the spray on them during the day and you should be fine.