Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stillearly
  • 1 Post By mechime
  • 1 Post By Cippy

Thread: Help needed for House in Phayao Northern Thailand

  1. #1
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15

    Help needed for House in Phayao Northern Thailand

    Hi everyone
    I am new to this forum but have spent weeks trawling through google and other forums
    for some help on building my house in Phayao.
    Does anyone know a builder in that area?
    Or one that will travel at not too much extra cost?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,282
    Should not be hard will depend on what you wish to construct.
    Will it be a great farang edifice or closer to a Thai trad or not so?
    .

  3. #3
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15
    It will be a Farang brick build with some that style additions.
    3 Bedroom with outdoor cooking area aswell as an indoor kitchen.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,389
    Seen this guy on another forum Alan the builder - Build a house in Thailand , don't know if he works that far north , but his site might give you some ideas

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,607
    Have you seen Dazza's thread? He is down near Udon and went Thai style, but you could get some ideas from his experience.

    You are going to live in this house? Is it maybe, for a girlfriend?
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  6. #6
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,282
    Allan the builder is Middle issan not so much where the op is..
    .

  7. #7
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Seen this guy on another forum Alan the builder - Build a house in Thailand , don't know if he works that far north , but his site might give you some ideas
    Are u the same stillearly from PA?

    Yea already on to Alan they don't go to phayao

  8. #8
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Have you seen Dazza's thread? He is down near Udon and went Thai style, but you could get some ideas from his experience.

    You are going to live in this house? Is it maybe, for a girlfriend?
    Not seen it yet I don't think.
    I will be live my in it with my wife and kids.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,389
    Quote Originally Posted by irlguy View Post
    Are u the same stillearly from PA?

    Yea already on to Alan they don't go to phayao
    Yes on PA as well
    irlguy likes this.

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by irlguy View Post
    Not seen it yet I don't think.
    I will be live my in it with my wife and kids.
    Phew! Well, sounds like you have been in Thailand for awhile so you know why I asked. 555

    Dazza'a Our Project
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  11. #11
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Phew! Well, sounds like you have been in Thailand for awhile so you know why I asked. 555

    Dazza'a Our Project
    We live in Ireland at the moment but want to move back as soon as we can.
    Spent a lot of time there and get on great with the inlaws.

    With regard to Dazza's post I just flicked quickly through it on my iPhone and have two words.
    Holy ****.... 555
    Did he ever say how much it cost ?
    It looks huge

  12. #12
    Cadet Gold mechime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    341
    My Thai wife found an excellent local builder, he has now finished an extension for us on her house and I could not fault his work or price; he dis-swayed me from having wood rafters and welded this roofing; look at local builders projects and see what they can do in your area.
    His helping hands were paid THB300/day and they grafted for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    irlguy likes this.

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by irlguy View Post
    We live in Ireland at the moment but want to move back as soon as we can.
    Spent a lot of time there and get on great with the inlaws.

    With regard to Dazza's post I just flicked quickly through it on my iPhone and have two words.
    Holy ****.... 555
    Did he ever say how much it cost ?
    It looks huge
    Optical Illusion, it looks smaller as the thread goes on. I can't remember if he mentioned price.
    irlguy likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  14. #14
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,305
    Quote Originally Posted by irlguy View Post
    It will be a Farang brick build with some that style additions.
    3 Bedroom with outdoor cooking area aswell as an indoor kitchen.

    Once you put the word out builders will appear from nowhere 555, how far are you from Chiang Kham?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  15. #15
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Once you put the word out builders will appear from nowhere 555, how far are you from Chiang Kham?
    About 30 minute drive.
    It's not builders I need it's good builders 555

  16. #16
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,282
    Have you got a budget in mind?
    .

  17. #17
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,305
    Quote Originally Posted by irlguy View Post
    About 30 minute drive.
    It's not builders I need it's good builders 555

    Are you in Thailand ATM ?...............................I did the research and inspections of some builders previous builds a few months ago in Chiang Rai and chose a builder from Chiang Kham, chosen from a choice of 4 builders, one of the reasons is this guy speaks english, the 2 x houses we looked at that he built were great, the owners spoke highly of him, the speaking english is an important factor for me when my Thai is very limited 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  18. #18
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Are you in Thailand ATM ?...............................I did the research and inspections of some builders previous builds a few months ago in Chiang Rai and chose a builder from Chiang Kham, chosen from a choice of 4 builders, one of the reasons is this guy speaks english, the 2 x houses we looked at that he built were great, the owners spoke highly of him, the speaking english is an important factor for me when my Thai is very limited 555
    Not there at the moment but have inlaws there.
    Did you end up using the builder you found?
    English is not hugely important as my wife is fluent in Thai and English.
    If not speaking English means they are cheaper then Thai is good for me

  19. #19
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    15
    Yes
    555

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •