Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 190
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Back after a challenging year

  1. #1
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280

    Back after a challenging year

    Well seams you all do well here. After a challenging year with 2 sick parents, and now got them placed on each elderhome, i have time focusing on my house project .
    First we got offers from different constructures, but it seam to be expensive to me for the house we wanted to build. the price i was offered was always in the price range of 1,5 mill THB. Well my wife and i made the decision that we wanted to buy the materials by our self. So we went to buriram to IQ and Global with a long list and a drawing of the house.
    we got prices of the most (Cost drill down on picture below. ) and started to look for workers that wanted to give a fixed price for building. That was challenging the most of the workers in town new i was involved and gave prices around 350000 THB for the work only. We didn't accept and continue the search. We succeed to find workers in another town for a fixed price of 90000 THB
    Last week we started with drilling for water. (23000 THB inclusive a good pump).
    We had to drill 34m down and we found a lot of water. We are now waiting for the workers that will start aprox 2. marts when they have finish the project they are on now.
    dril4.jpgdril3.jpghouse2.jpgdril1.jpghouse1.jpgcost breake down.JPGdril2.jpg
    Quarky, Changone, Rivo and 3 others like this.

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,057
    Drilled down so far discovered chocolate milkshake!
    Quarky, Bacon, Stillearly and 1 others like this.

  3. #3
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280
    LOL yes. I was hoping for oil, but it is water.

  4. #4
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,204
    Good to have you back. two building threads going now....
    weitling likes this.

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    Drilled down so far discovered chocolate milkshake!
    Ha-ha
    You been funny lately 555

    It actually looks like the chocolate fountain you dip fruit in at buffets
    weitling likes this.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,145

    Back after a challenging year

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Good to have you back. two building threads going now....

    I could start a 3rd plans completed Friday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 14th February 2016 at 10:27.
    PeteGill and weitling like this.

  7. #7
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Good to have the Viking back on TD !!

    Thats a big difference in price for your builder ... 350K down to 90K ? .... you might need to keep a close eye of them to make sure they are not matching there cheaper price with cheaper workmanship ..

    Will you present throughout the build Mr V ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399

    An excellent start Viking...
    I will be following with interest (we are also Buriram)...

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

    An excellent start Viking...
    I will be following with interest (we are also Buriram)...
    Don't know how you guys can live away from water. I'd feel almost vaguely claustrophobic if I lived inland.
    Zablive likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  10. #10
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    House not built there yet Mr B, waiting on the Viking to see what to do...555
    weitling likes this.

  11. #11
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280
    You are right. The most expensive offers we got was because they know i was in The "picture" so my wife found workers that not know about me. and the price dropped. This price is similar to other projects when only Thai are building in the Hinlat area. My wife and here sisters husband will keep an eye on the project everyday. A friend of me, in Surin had just finished a house he used 150000 THB but his house is bigger, and the roof more complicated. But for sure you are right, so we have a buffer, just in case. I will go to Thailand 18th. marts, so maybe from that date things will change haha.
    Sydney likes this.

  12. #12
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280
    Changeone. I know, There will definitely be surprises. But the material cost is fixed at global and IQ so at least there i feel comfortable ( I hope haha)
    Changone likes this.

  13. #13
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Don't know how you guys can live away from water. I'd feel almost vaguely claustrophobic if I lived inland.
    I like water too, but in our small place there issent. Next year i will build Swimming Pool, then there is water.
    Sydney likes this.

  14. #14
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399

    We have got our water bore and pump in place and the land is all ready.
    Our next step is to decide on a house plan.
    I really like the idea of securing the building materials ourselves at a good price.

  15. #15
    Seven_
    Guest
    Don't have a lot time at the moment, but some quick comments for your consideration.

    8 concrete poles will be a very very small house, going on your pictures you should be looking at around 16 to 24.

    Also your roofing price is too cheap, either your using cheap thin iron or the size of the roof is off. The cheap roofing won't last long what are the specs for it.

    There is no pricing for the steel reinforcing you will need for the concrete.

    I don't know why power is 10,000baht, PEA will supply a meter for about 4500, you can't use your own. You also need to pay for the wire (and install) from the street to the house.

    With the price for other concrete is this premixed or concrete bags.

    The build price you have got is about right, try and see other work by them to see if they know what they are doing.

    Going on the picture you should be able to get it done for about million baht mark as a guesstimate, depending on finish and quality desired.
    Last edited by Seven_; 14th February 2016 at 22:18.
    Rivo likes this.

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,881
    Wetling.


    PM me your email and I will send you mine.


    Then send me your plans and I will critique them for you, free of charge.....that is my business.
    weitling likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  17. #17
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post
    Don't have a lot time at the moment, but some quick comments for your consideration.

    8 concrete poles will be a very very small house, going on your pictures you should be looking at around 16 to 24.

    Also your roofing price is too cheap, either your using cheap thin iron or the size of the roof is off. The cheap roofing won't last long what are the specs for it.

    There is no pricing for the steel reinforcing you will need for the concrete.

    I don't know why power is 10,000baht, PEA will supply a meter for about 4500, you can't use your own. You also need to pay for the wire (and install) from the street to the house.

    With the price for other concrete is this premixed or concrete bags.

    The build price you have got is about right, try and see other work by them to see if they know what they are doing.

    Going on the picture you should be able to get it done for about million baht mark as a guesstimate, depending on finish and quality desired.
    Thanks for the input I appreciate that. When it comes to the Power we got this price from the electrical company and should be a fixed price. But I will check. Other concrete is mixed bags. I have seen the roof at Global when i was there in January. And it look good. was not iron. My wife will go global and take a picture of the roof plates. You are right about the concrete poles it should be 16. I know about the steel for concrete is not ordered i wanted to wait to see how much for buy.

    We have still not decided what we do inside the house Kitchen and bath room laundry room, that we will look at when i go there in Marts.

  18. #18
    Seven_
    Guest
    With the roof, I was maybe using a common Australian name by iron, I was referring to a coated steel roof. What's the material your using.

    As an example I finished a 4 car garage recently the same rough size as your house (16 poles) using bluescope zincalume and it cost over ฿55000 for the steel.

    I would personally go to a roofing place to buy it rather then Global etc, better range and price.

    Your electrician should be able to connect the power up far cheaper then PEA, just get them to do the meter.

  19. #19
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post
    With the roof, I was maybe using a common Australian name by iron, I was referring to a coated steel roof. What's the material your using.

    As an example I finished a 4 car garage recently the same rough size as your house (16 poles) using bluescope zincalume and it cost over ฿55000 for the steel.

    I would personally go to a roofing place to buy it rather then Global etc, better range and price.

    Your electrician should be able to connect the power up far cheaper then PEA, just get them to do the meter.
    Thanks for the tip I will do. We have some good shops in Prahkunthai The roof plates look like i'm not sure if i say it right "Eternit". I think you all are right about the roof i will investigate further

  20. #20
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •