Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 2 Post By Seven_

Thread: Need advice for water filter / water cleaning

Need advice for water filter / water cleaning

I have been looking different places for filters or UV water cleaning solutions. there is tons of filters to buy, and i'm not sure what is a good solution Anyone that have connected filters to own water pump, that have a good advice? And how often do you clean the water filter?

Quote Originally Posted by weitling View Post
    I have been looking different places for filters or UV water cleaning solutions. there is tons of filters to buy, and i'm not sure what is a good solution Anyone that have connected filters to own water pump, that have a good advice? And how often do you clean the water filter?
    Water from bore (aka well .. how deep) or dam, or rainwater (555)?

I use a jumbo sediment filter before the tank and 3-stage filtration under-bench for the drinking tap. Our water is from a ~50m artesian bore and heavy on iron and manganese. Jumbo filter chenged every 6 months.

You'll need extra UV filtration if water from above-ground source.
    weitling likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Water from bore (aka well .. how deep) or dam, or rainwater (555)?

I use a jumbo sediment filter before the tank and 3-stage filtration under-bench for the drinking tap. Our water is from a ~50m artesian bore and heavy on iron and manganese. Jumbo filter chenged every 6 months.

You'll need extra UV filtration if water from above-ground source.
    Hi Kaptain
    Thanks for the reply
    2 weeks ago we made our well 34m deep. So i think it i s not necessary to have UV filtration. I will send a water sample for analysis. We build a "technical" room around the well. So my idea is to filter the water before it comes into the house (Kitchen, Bathroom Laundry room) The hole water supply is on ground level (No first floor) so i hope that i can use a kind of pressure regulator on the well pump so it start and stop when we use water. Maybe i need a small water tank in between?

Quote Originally Posted by weitling View Post
    Hi Kaptain
    Thanks for the reply
    2 weeks ago we made our well 34m deep. So i think it i s not necessary to have UV filtration. I will send a water sample for analysis. We build a "technical" room around the well. So my idea is to filter the water before it comes into the house (Kitchen, Bathroom Laundry room) The hole water supply is on ground level (No first floor) so i hope that i can use a kind of pressure regulator on the well pump so it start and stop when we use water. Maybe i need a small water tank in between?
    You definitely need a tank between well-lift-pump/aerator system and house on-demand supply pump. Local tank/pump supply people will advise but be wary of extra's like resin filter/water softener which is not always desirable. Water sampling will tell all.
    weitling likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    You definitely need a tank between well-lift-pump/aerator system and house on-demand supply pump. Local tank/pump supply people will advise but be wary of extra's like resin filter/water softener which is not always desirable. Water sampling will tell all.
    Thank you very much Kaptain. I travel to Thailand 17th. so i will take a look and follow your advice

Seven_
    I recommend going to Buriram Building merchants also called Buriram Ruangsangthai Tools & Water Pumps for your pumps and filters, I personally have found them very good for this type of thing, far more knowledgable than Global etc.

Home - Buriram Builders Merchants | Power Tools | Water Pump

They have a very large range and can design, supply and install a system for your needs

They also have English speaking staff if needed.

I also agree also with KR posts above.
    Last edited by Seven_; 2nd March 2016 at 23:29.
    kaptainrob and weitling like this.

Seven_
    ^^ and they are cheaper then Global etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post
    I recommend going to Buriram Building merchants also called Buriram Ruangsangthai Tools & Water Pumps for your pumps and filters, I personally have found them very good for this type of thing, far more knowledgable than Global etc.

Home - Buriram Builders Merchants | Power Tools | Water Pump

They have a very large range and can design, supply and install a system for your needs

They also have English speaking staff if needed.

I also agree also with KR posts above.
    Thanks Seven i will make a visit when i go LOS