Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wabbits

Thread: House Insurance Thailand

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

House Insurance Thailand

As the title suggests any recommendations on who to insure our Thai house with ?......................I presume like here in the west you can get House & Contents insurance and what would the average annual premium be ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    we don't have it but Thai Insurance from AA Insurance Brokers Thailand. is a good place to start/get a quote.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

AA will look after you via email from their Pattaya office. Building cover for major loss ie fire/flood/quake may require you to over-insure as payout may only be 50% of SI. Contents works similar to Aus and small items: phone, pc etc become difficult and expensive to cover. Burglary is almost unheard of.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^^ I think too many eyes a little bit of stuff moves from our place to sisters but it's only a borrow.55555
    Completely acceptable.55555
    kaptainrob likes this.

I looked into AXA as well. You enter your data and you see immediately what the coverage is and what it cost.

https://direct.axa.co.th/SmartHomeCondo/GetQuote

Quote Originally Posted by weitling View Post
    I looked into AXA as well. You enter your data and you see immediately what the coverage is and what it cost.

https://direct.axa.co.th/SmartHomeCondo/GetQuote
    Thanks for the link, something that I will need to consider later in the year.

i've often ended up with coverage with AXA after going through AA. they get a better rate than going direct with AXA i've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    i've often ended up with coverage with AXA after going through AA. they get a better rate than going direct with AXA i've found.
    Correct, much better dealing with Peter at AA.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Thanks i will get a price there as well at AA

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

My experience also.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Burglary is almost unheard of.

I've been thinking about this one Rob.............................I have noticed that a lot of homes have screens or stainless grills over windows up our way, and looking at some old photo's a lot of the moo baans around Chiang Mai also have them, I asked the missus and she says have to have to keep bad man out ? So she has added grills to the list of must haves for over the windows at our place 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I've been thinking about this one Rob.............................I have noticed that a lot of homes have screens or stainless grills over windows up our way, and looking at some old photo's a lot of the moo baans around Chiang Mai also have them, I asked the missus and she says have to have to keep bad man out ? So she has added grills to the list of must haves for over the windows at our place 555
    Seems a common iteration and I'm sure rape is a worry to women living alone. Grilles also protect against the pee 555
    Cheers, Rob.

^ nothing will stop the phi!

Grilles are a good idea though. ..just don't lock yourself out 55
    We got a big wall around the place and no grilles.

I like the grilles over windows in current house
    We were burgled 2010, Phuket, helpful Chalong cop showed how the aluminium joinery windows could be popped out in seconds with a small pocket knife
    Spent three years in previous 2 storey house with same style alu joinery (could leave upstairs windows open when out), but house owners on same site and no problems
    Current house, grilles. Single level, windows open almost permanently, mosquito grilles too, safe/secure, esp last year when I've started working out of the country for MsH/daughter at home, have long-term vacant houses each side no immediate neighbours
    I would fit them if our own house.