Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Buying land after crisis is over

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23,689

    Buying land after crisis is over

    We were in the market for land at a good price anyways

    But I would imagine after this crisis, there will be some decent sales on land

    I feel bad a bit thinking like that in these times

    But land in Ao's village is very expensive so maybe someone selling it at a reduced rate isn't getting hurt

    I guess either way they need to sell it

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,875
    Dont feel bad, I'm thinking the same...(But in Aust) .or we are both just pricks.....55

    I wouldn't buy right now...........and if Thailand is anything like PI people get really silly about this stuff and just about give land way.

    But my guess is that the Chinese will come in and grab prime land in SEA

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Not there !
    Posts
    8,747
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    But my guess is that the Chinese will come in and grab prime land in SEA
    Bloody hope not Ozzy !
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Bloody hope not Ozzy !
    Well lets hope in a year or so you come back and tell me how wrong I was......
    obes likes this.

  5. #5
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    9,518
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

    ...if Thailand is anything like PI people get really silly about this stuff and just about give land way.
    I can't see that happening here...Thais know the value of their land very well and don't give it up outside of the family without a decent price...besides, people in the villages are very used to hunkering down and living cheaply for long stints at a time....

    and the curve on this virus is flattening out pretty darned well here atm...only 33 reported new cases here announced today...so that boat may have already sailed

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I can't see that happening here...Thais know the value of their land very well and don't give it up outside of the family without a decent price...besides, people in the villages are very used to hunkering down and living cheaply for long stints at a time....
    I guess Thai's are a bit smarter when it comes to the land, I have seen some dumb shit in PI with land sales and the MIL has brought some bargains.

    Even thou the curve has flattened Im sure some people are hurting.

    Do Thai's borrow from banks much for property?

  7. #7
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    9,215
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I guess Thai's are a bit smarter when it comes to the land, I have seen some dumb shit in PI with land sales and the MIL has brought some bargains.

    Even thou the curve has flattened Im sure some people are hurting.

    Do Thai's borrow from banks much for property?
    Thais are more likely to put prices UP to compensate for their losses during C19. Different mindset.

    Rural Thais who own land will often borrow against holdings in time of need and rates are very low.
    wabbits and OZZYGUY like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    13,658
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Dont feel bad, I'm thinking the same...(But in Aust) .or we are both just pricks.....55
    There is nothing wrong with picking up property at the bottom of the market, just hard to read when that is.

    I don't know about LOS market so I wish you good luck Paulie.

    Here in Aust. I have been thru 7 booms and busts including "The Recession we had to have".

    There are all sorts of figures being bandied around here at the moment. I think it is going to be all over the place, different losses in different places and of course it will depend on how long it goes before business gets back to normal.

    General consensus seems to be outer suburbs of major cities will drop about 20% Inner city units will suffer from an over supply and could loose even more.

    One of the things I always told people, any mistake in real estate is only a matter of time to correct, so if you buy when you think the market has hit bottom but it drops another 5 % it doesn't matter, as long as you bought the right place for you and your looking at it long term. 5% can be recovered in 6 months but will this property still be available then.
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    38
    Posts
    12,666
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Dont feel bad, I'm thinking the same...(But in Aust)
    Almost 20% negative growth in Peppi! Down to a median of just under 3 mil. Get in now.


    Peppermint Grove $2,925,000 -19.90%
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,402
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post

    One of the things I always told people, any mistake in real estate is only a matter of time to correct, so if you buy when you think the market has hit bottom but it drops another 5 % it doesn't matter, as long as you bought the right place for you and your looking at it long term. 5% can be recovered in 6 months but will this property still be available then.
    A lot depends on whether you are looking to make a quick dollar, or are looking long term to have something you may want to stay in forever. Kind of like the difference between a hot lady of the night, and someone you might want as a wife for long term. Life changes and you have to accept the lows as well as the highs. My whole life has been like that. I've bought property high and sold low, but only to adjust to life changes with career and my two ex wives. Financially, I took a hit, but I came out smelling like a rose over the long term. I can always see the bright side of life.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Almost 20% negative growth in Peppi! Down to a median of just under 3 mil. Get in now.


    Peppermint Grove $2,925,000 -19.90%
    To many zeros right now....

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    38
    Posts
    12,666
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    To many zeros right now....
    That'll always be too many zeros for me 55.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,887
    Ray Dalio is rated as one of the top hedge fund investors of all time. My guess is that he instructed the interviewers that he would not provide investment advice, so you need to form your own views. He pushes the difficulty of timing markets, the cost of being in cash (i.e. negative real return), but is categorical that we are going into a long depression, and a major (and uncertain) redistribution of wealth.

    If he is right, property opportunities may be here for a while. Ultimately, debt and interest payments wont be "forgiven" forever. Although, I am not sure if much of the property in encumbered in Thailand, but there will be property with owners outside of Thailand that will need to repatriate their cash.

    Quarky, Moo Uaon and OZZYGUY like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  14. #14
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    55,540
    ^I liked how he said it's "dangerous" to say anything nice about China... gave me a chuckle...

    I am finding that the "older" experts on economics are much more going down the long term depression route... and the "youngsters" seem to be espousing a quick v-shaped recovery.... hmmm.. I wonder why...

    I like his thoughts on investing in education too... rather than seeing it as a budget item...
    Last edited by Quarky; 13th April 2020 at 23:31.
    Nomad likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Ray Dalio is rated as one of the top hedge fund investors of all time. My guess is that he instructed the interviewers that he would not provide investment advice, so you need to form your own views. He pushes the difficulty of timing markets, the cost of being in cash (i.e. negative real return), but is categorical that we are going into a long depression, and a major (and uncertain) redistribution of wealth.

    If he is right, property opportunities may be here for a while. Ultimately, debt and interest payments wont be "forgiven" forever. Although, I am not sure if much of the property in encumbered in Thailand, but there will be property with owners outside of Thailand that will need to repatriate their cash.

    Not in the village though....
    My wife's village is a bit different in that you can't buy less than 10rai(and I think I've only seen 10rai once, all a lot bigger)

    It is one of the best areas for rice so not many small parcels of land for sale

  16. #16
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    9,518
    The price of rice went up in the last week of march by 12%....so I imagine that area is currently quiet bouyant...

    https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385825

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23,689
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    The price of rice went up in the last week of march by 12%....so I imagine that area is currently quiet bouyant...

    https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385825
    It's always fucking buoyant

    Only asshole who married a TG whose village land is expensive as shit! 5555

  18. #18
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    It's always fucking buoyant

    Only asshole who married a TG whose village land is expensive as shit! 5555
    I have maybe asked this before but if so I have forgotten the answer, what is the price for land in your TG's village?

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    13,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post

    I am finding that the "older" experts on economics are much more going down the long term depression route... and the "youngsters" seem to be espousing a quick v-shaped recovery.... hmmm.. I wonder why...
    ...
    It's really simple, with age comes wisdom and experience. the older guys have seen the traps and pitfalls before.

    The young guns have only seen one setback in a long time of prosperity, and it recovered reasonably quickly. So they ignore all the older warning signs, keep the blinkers on and talk the talk about V curve recovery etc.

    One of the greatest in USA and the world, is Warren Buffet, a very humble older gent. He and his wife still live in their 3 bedroom house on a farm out in the boon docks, no fancy mansions for them they are very down to earth people and give away most of his earnings.

    So far he has done very little, sold off 1% of 3 of his holdings in different industries, only because of regulations, he had got above the 10%

    The really interesting thing is he is raising cash in big loads, even though he has massive cash reserves.

    So it seems he knows that cash is going to be king and the market is/has a long way to fall then he will step in and pick up the pieces when the time is right. He seems to be loading his guns and a cannon. Maybe a major target in sight.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23,689
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    It's really simple, with age comes wisdom and experience. the older guys have seen the traps and pitfalls before.

    The young guns have only seen one setback in a long time of prosperity, and it recovered reasonably quickly. So they ignore all the older warning signs, keep the blinkers on and talk the talk about V curve recovery etc.

    One of the greatest in USA and the world, is Warren Buffet, a very humble older gent. He and his wife still live in their 3 bedroom house on a farm out in the boon docks, no fancy mansions for them they are very down to earth people and give away most of his earnings.

    So far he has done very little, sold off 1% of 3 of his holdings in different industries, only because of regulations, he had got above the 10%

    The really interesting thing is he is raising cash in big loads, even though he has massive cash reserves.

    So it seems he knows that cash is going to be king and the market is/has a long way to fall then he will step in and pick up the pieces when the time is right. He seems to be loading his guns and a cannon. Maybe a major target in sight.
    He lives in Omaha Nebraska but in the suburbs

    And he's also a bit of a pervert 5555

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •