Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Renting out land for rice farming

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    In case you missed it we are talking about a farm land, being bought by a Thai.
    Any property.....be it land or dwelling I bought in Thailand I'd register to my wife
    I wouldn't look to "protect" myself.
    Not because I think our relationship can't go pear shaped.....it already has at times
    Just I'd look at it as part of any settlement if the worse happened

Maybe if we had land/house in her name and we decided to buy a condo also that I could have ownership in maybe I'd throw my name on it.....no reason not to

But I don't think anyone is being foolish to take any protection available to them either

phaisan
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Any property.....be it land or dwelling I bought in Thailand I'd register to my wife
    I wouldn't look to "protect" myself.
    Not because I think our relationship can't go pear shaped.....it already has at times
    Just I'd look at it as part of any settlement if the worse happened
    I agree with you, I think it says something about the relationship if this is a concern.

And 3 million baht isn't much.

I still think the purchase is worth investigating further, land value never goes down over the long term, and I take it you understand the 3 million is the starting point in the negotiations. If you do your due diligence it maybe a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But I don't think anyone is being foolish take any protection available to them either
    yeah but it's not available on farming land.

But as I said above if this was a concern I would be questioning my relationship in the first instance.

Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post

But as I said above if this was a concern I would be questioning my relationship in the first instance.
    Although I agree with you partially
    I don't see why you wouldn't put your name on anything that you could that isn't too much of a hassle

I've been with my wife 15 years now....through ups and downs

She's going to get much more than a few million if we ever get divorced so the land/property would just be part of that

Zablive
    For those buying land for a Thai(s) this may be of interest.

CAVEAT: Your District Land Office may vary due to "influence".
    Many fake "titles" have been issued throughout Thailand for reward.

https://www.phuket.net/property/prop...e/land-titles/
    Last edited by Zablive; 2nd November 2017 at 11:43.

GGrass
    Here is my thought on this.

---

When you lend land to a farmer, a relationship occurs between you and the farmer. You become the landlord, and the farmer becomes your peasant. Now, there are certain qualities and traits you need to have, in order for you to be a landlord.

The question is, do you have what it takes to become a landlord?

Zablive
    Quote Originally Posted by GGrass View Post
    Here is my thought on this.

---

When you lend land to a farmer, a relationship occurs between you and the farmer. You become the landlord, and the farmer becomes your peasant. Now, there are certain qualities and traits you need to have, in order for you to be a landlord.

The question is, do you have what it takes to become a landlord?
    This commonly occurs with farmland across the world - it's called "Share Farming".
    I believe the practice started (or was popularized) in Ireland.

As the Landlord or Lessor you need to clarify the terms in writing
    e.g. rent, profit share, cultivation, fertilizer, harvesting and sale of crop/stock.

I have been on both sides of these arrangements - but I've never been "A Peasant"!
    Last edited by Zablive; 2nd November 2017 at 13:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    This commonly occurs with farmland across the world - it's called "Share Farming".
    I believe the practice started (or was popularized) in Ireland.

As the Landlord or Lessor you need to clarify the terms in writing
    e.g. rent, profit share, cultivation, fertilizer, harvesting and sale of crop/stock.

I have been on both sides of these arrangements - but I've never been "A Peasant"!
    And something I have no interest in getting involved in Thailand for Sure!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12