Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Funny story

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Funny story

As most know, my stepson goes to University
    He has a big group of friends, and they are all nice kids

One of them was informed by his father last week that he is sending him to school in the US next week
    The kid is devastated and doesn't want to go.

For some reason my stepson volunteered to call his father, who he has never met, to talk to the father.

So he called the father and explained to him that he's been to Canada and the US and he thinks it will be really hard for his son and that he should think more about sending

Well....that convo went as well as you'd might expect.
    I suspect the Thai father is a bit well off and he has some kid he never met giving his opinion
    The father basically yelled at him and hung up 5555

Nut said to my wife
    "Man, he not like you and Paul"

What a dope! I love how dopey this kid is 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    ^He just should have said "Melica hab Covid!" 555
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    ^He just should have said "Melica hab Covid!" 555
    That too!

Why would you send your kid there now

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That too!

Why would you send your kid there now
    Thai rich motivation = Face, Face and Face!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    What a mature, adult thing from a kid, and what a childish reaction from a total fuckwit.
    Quarky, Nomad and Tingtong like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    What a mature, adult thing from a kid, and what a childish reaction from a total fuckwit.
    We thought it was hilarious
    He's so dopey that it wouldn't even cross his mind the old Thai guy wouldn't be keen to be informed by some kid he don't know

It was nice to hear him tell Ao "I'm lucky to have you and Paul "

I still think it's hilarious
    He thinking he's gonna solve the problem and gets his head ripped off

Bud, your mom is in her 30's and your stepdad thinks he's 25. We have different ideas on parenting 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    We thought it was hilarious
    He's so dopey that it wouldn't even cross his mind the old Thai guy wouldn't be keen to be informed by some kid he don't know
    Western influence, nah?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Western influence, nah?
    The dopiness?
    Yeah maybe 5555

Haha

But yes, it's obvious different cultures
    I've had many of a battle with Ao over the years
    She'd claim "You always have Nut's back"
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 29th May 2020 at 14:46.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    No expert on Thai culture but I would say the older guy took it as a insult that a kid is telling him what to do, dosnt matter if Nut is right or wrong.
    From what I have seen most Asian cultures the parents are respected, not questioned and kids wouldnt tell them what to do.

Western culture we would listen to the kids, and Nut would be use to that.

It is ballsy for Nut to talk with the father

I hope it doesn't put him off showing initiative though?

Were you and Ao supportive of him? If he feels it was a big joke, he might not be so confident of taking initiative next time?

I don't mean just talking to adult strangers... I mean anything where he is taking a risk... Nut should be applauded for what he did... and encouraged... and make clear he did great... no way is he a dope!

It's the father at fault for not respecting his view... I hope he realises that...
    Last edited by Quarky; 29th May 2020 at 18:30.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post

Were you and Ao supportive of him? If he feels it was a big joke, he might not be so confident of taking initiative next time?

I don't meant just talking to adult strangers... I mean anything where he is taking a risk... Nut should be applauded for what he did... and encouraged... and make clear he did great... no way is he a dope!

It's the father at fault for not respecting his view... I hope he realises that...
    What's what I was thinking too. The responce from parents is what leaves the bigger impression.
    Quarky likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I think Nut has had a win, even though he didn't get to win the father over.

His friend is grateful he tried, his other mates admire that he tried and he will be feeling good in himself that he tried.

When I was in high school I was the one asked all the time to represent other kids to talk to their parents, the principal etc.......It was like I was a union rep or solicitor 55555

It might have been to get them allowed to go to a concert, a party, or whatever. I didn't win all the time but did win some

The benefit I had, and maybe nut has the same, I was comfortable talking and debating with adults.
    Part of that was from helping out at home with my dad's business, talking with adults every day on the phone etc and also my own parents having healthy debates with me.......If I was winning a debate against Dad he would grab me and tickle me till I cried and it was the end of debate.....water pistols next.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    No expert on Thai culture but I would say the older guy took it as a insult that a kid is telling him what to do, dosnt matter if Nut is right or wrong.
    From what I have seen most Asian cultures the parents are respected, not questioned and kids wouldnt tell them what to do.

Western culture we would listen to the kids, and Nut would be use to that.

It is ballsy for Nut to talk with the father
    Well of course
    That's what the whole thread is about

Still funny as shit, I think 555

I don't mean just talking to adult strangers... I mean anything where he is taking a risk... Nut should be applauded for what he did... and encouraged... and make clear he did great... no way is he a dope!

He is a dope, and on him it's a strength
    He has a real breezy attitude, this guy yelling at him wouldn't phase him in the least

We didn't know he was doing that, he just told Ao after the fact
    I would have encouraged him because I would have known the outcome and the whole thing is hilarious to me.

I guess you have to know Nut, he's oblivious, in a good way
    That's why Ao and I find it so funny

But, as I mentioned, to get serious, it's good to know he realizes that we do allow him input and that things like that make him appreciate it now

My wife can still be pretty hard on him but she turned into a pretty awesome Mom. And she was not for a lot of years, like a lot of Thai girls are not.

I think im the odd one out on this, I wasnt going to comment but hear we go.

Paul no disrespect to you or your family and I get that everyone else agrees with you but If it was my son I would have tore him a new ass.

I just dont think its a kids place to tell a adult what to do especially someone that isn't related. I think its a bit disrespectful and the fathers view should be final.

I know you dont agree with me, and the rest of you too but its just my view right or wrong.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 30th May 2020 at 19:10.

Paul no disrespect to you or your family and I get that everyone else agrees with you but If it was my son I would have tore him a new ass.

I just dont think its a kids place to tell a adult what to do especially someone that isn't related. I think its a bit disrespectful and the fathers view should be final.

I know you dont agree with me, and the rest of you too but its just my view right or wrong.
    Hey I don't agree with Paul. He thought it was funny. But I thought it was great... And should be encouraged.
    Glad you weren't my dad Ozzy... 55

I don't see it as Nut telling someone what to do. More about making the parent aware of more information before making a decision...
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Glad you weren't my dad Ozzy... 55
    You need a good clip around the ear lad......55
    Quarky likes this.

Actually I don't disagree with you

I would be open to any of Nut's friends calling me to offer their opinion on something

But I also don't have an issue with this father telling Nut to fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I think Nut has had a win, even though he didn't get to win the father over.

His friend is grateful he tried, his other mates admire that he tried and he will be feeling good in himself that he tried.

When I was in high school I was the one asked all the time to represent other kids to talk to their parents, the principal etc.......It was like I was a union rep or solicitor 55555

It might have been to get them allowed to go to a concert, a party, or whatever. I didn't win all the time but did win some

The benefit I had, and maybe nut has the same, I was comfortable talking and debating with adults.
    Part of that was from helping out at home with my dad's business, talking with adults every day on the phone etc and also my own parents having healthy debates with me.......If I was winning a debate against Dad he would grab me and tickle me till I cried and it was the end of debate.....water pistols next.
    I think it's a culture thing
    Kids in Thailand aren't supposed to be heard

I do think parents in the US/Canada baby their kids too much when they are young

But I think there is some amazing parenting going on this generation
    Especially once the kids are older and doubly so when they are in their teens

Parents seem to treat them more like adults and I see a lot of friendships between parents and kids

I believe that's how we are with Nut
    And I will pat myself on the back, that I nudged Ao to be more like that.
    Now she is still pretty strict but I'd say her and Nut are best friends
    And even though I don't see him as much, I think Nut and I are friends also but he also knows what we expect from him.

But I definitely see differences in the parenting in Thailand
    One big difference is in the US/Canada when your teenager has close friends or a gf, you sort of make them part of the family
    I don't see that in Thailand.
    It seems two different worlds

I will often tell Ao and Nut to invite his gf over to the hotel or even for a short trip with us and Ao will look at me like I am crazy
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^^ Thanks Paul, yes I guess it is a cultural difference.

One of the things we often say here, that we like/love about Thai culture, is how it is like we were when we were kids or before. SO I guess it will be several decades that Thai kids are seen not heard etc.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast