1 Day in Bangkok

Dupree

Kao San Road will be a let down. Not worth it IMO. And it's especially far from Nana. If you cab it the traffic will make it a long trip back. There is a BTS station that you can cab to from Kao San Road. Mush faster return to home base.

bacwaan

^ The closest BTS Skytrain stations to Khao San Road are Siam Station, Ratchatewi Station, and National Stadium Station.....pretty much equidistant at about 5 ks away....so they are not close enough to walk

The easiest way to get to them would be to take a taxi.....should be around 60 baht and take around 20 minutes-half an hour.....could easily be more time and money if the traffic is heavy..but as Dupes recommends a better option than sitting in a taxi stuck in traffic for over an hour/hour and a half...

RakThai

bacwaan;410486 said:
^ The closest BTS Skytrain stations to Khao San Road are Siam Station, Ratchatewi Station, and National Stadium Station.....pretty much equidistant at about 5 ks away....so they are not close enough to walk

The easiest way to get to them would be to take a taxi.....should be around 60 baht and take around 20 minutes-half an hour.....could easily be more time and money if the traffic is heavy..but as Dupes recommends a better option than sitting in a taxi stuck in traffic for over an hour/hour and a half...
Right now (9 pm in Thailand) it would be 21 minutes for the 8,1 km from Khao San Road to Nana Plaza...

Google maps knows where the traffic is. Last time in Bangkok I showed the taxi drivers my phone to show them which route was shortest, although some old guys don't really know the map (and most asked my GF to make the map in Thai script)...