7-11 expansion !

bacwaan

I would estimate that more than 50% of 7's and FMs have closed on samui since covid hit...

if you ride up the whole length of lamai's beach road you will find maybe 4 open now...before covid there were a dozen or more...over in chaweng the situation is much worse...pretty much none open on their beach rd anymore..

kaptainrob

Administrator
I would estimate that more than 50% of 7's and FMs have closed on samui since covid hit...

if you ride up the whole length of lamai's beach road you will find maybe 4 open now...before covid there were a dozen or more...over in chaweng the situation is much worse...pretty much none open on their beach rd anymore..
Not surprising Nels though I wonder if CPAll owned and shuttered temporarily? Perhaps Phuket with a few also shuttered.

What I see happening is CPAll's monopoly increasingly crushing opposition like BigC and FamilyMart. BigC has never improved since the demise of Carrefour, at least not here in the north. Bangkok mega BigC's are perhaps unique?

With Tesco (UK) sold out, CPAll's 'Lotus' stores are now devoid of most imported product and appear to fill a geographic gap between each Makro store by design.

The likes of VillaMart, Tops and Rimping fill an ever increasing import void.

Bacon

Administrator
Makes sense. That's exactly what I'd be doing if I had reserves to burn, and they most likely do.

Everyone's hurting, so get the wallet out and open one next to every remaining competitor's stores and squeeeeeeeeeeeze. A bit of price drop wouldn't hurt either. This is most likely a last man standing situation.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Makes sense. That's exactly what I'd be doing if I had reserves to burn, and they most likely do.

Everyone's hurting, so get the wallet out and open one next to every remaining competitor's stores and squeeeeeeeeeeeze. A bit of price drop wouldn't hurt either. This is most likely a last man standing situation.
Exactly. And the anti-monopoly commission allowed it ... somehow ... 55