90 Countdown Begins..... 4th Year/4th Trip(Patong/Khao Lak/BKK or Pttaya)

TMTBOUND

As requested...... Can you guys now get umbrellas and chairs back in the beaches. Maybe even a small food shack with drinks. Hate to think I will bake in the sun.

Quarky

Administrator
RakThai;197954 said:
^^ 36 days... I guess I will fly back around that time..

Leave next week for 4 weeks LOS, and beside the plane-ride, I only booked a parking space at the airport..
No clue as where I am going, no itinerary, no hotel bookings....

Am I doing something wrong? 5555
Do you have any problems getting into desirable hotels around Xmas and New Year at short notice?

TMTBOUND

Thanks for getting me the umbrellas back.....now with the chairs. only 13 days remaining.....................

supersub

TMTBOUND;201405 said:
Thanks for getting me the umbrellas back.....now with the chairs. only 13 days remaining.....................

Got a feeling they will come back just in time. If not mats should do. :)

Mr. Smiley

Hopefully you'll bring the high season good weather... it's been overcast and rainy here in Patong for December... might as well be low season.

S

Saintman

A bit like Thailand weather here too at the moment on the South Coast .... humid 28 and lots of rain....a lot of swell too which is good!

TMTBOUND

A lot can change in 2 weeks. How are the crowds? I would assume with the Russsian Rouble getting crushed there would be a slight downturn in the number of visitors during peak this year.

Mr. Smiley

Slow. It'll pick up a bit now because it's the holiday season but it's the slowest I've seen it regarding nightlife venues in the last 3 years I've been here.

billpay

TMTBOUND;201405 said:
My partner, Kurt, brought over beach chairs with attached umbrellas, (4) that work great.

justcruzing1

Mr. Smiley;201846 said:
Slow. It'll pick up a bit now because it's the holiday season but it's the slowest I've seen it regarding nightlife venues in the last 3 years I've been here.
Seems to be slow across the board. Expat mate in Patts says it is very quiet. He has done some nighttime recon. and at 9.30-11pm very few punters in any bars or GoGo's. at 2.30am LK metro GoGo's had 10 or less punters in each.

The coupe of guys that own good Bars in areas around LK are living off regulars, not new tourists, yes there are new faces bought in from the crew but not blow ins like it should be this time of year.

These guys never see any Russian's so it's not them missing.