A Future Warning

Nomad

I just heard about a taxi driver relo in Bangkok who is unable to make enough to keep up on taxi car payments. He's already borrowed heavily against land in Surin and has now borrowed from Indian loan sharks .... At 20% daily interest. And I thought the old 10% monthly rate was high!

Similarly, many gamblers lose their land or other assets this way, not directly via the card games.

As covid drags on and 10 million or more workers have no recourse to legit borrowing, either loan sharks or crime will become rampant.
Re the daily interest, I had similar discussions recently. When digging into the detail, the rate was actually 20% per month. Regardless, eye-watering and not sustainable. Fortunately, the couple are now both working again and it was purely a lack of savings that was the problem, rather than other issues.

OZZYGUY

Ao said something like 20 rai in a good location sold for 1mil baht
That is a crazy cheap price

We will get what we want for the price we want

I mean if we could get 10rai for 500k
I'd do that tomorrow

But that may be tougher to come by
I think I am in the same boat as you, just sitting back waiting. If the price is good snap it up otherwise who cares..

Nomad

Keep them dumb and chained to the kitchen bench........problem solved. 555 :p
The household IQ goes back above 100 when the lady moves in such circumstances. Many small minded insecure controlling individuals out there.

PS. Not directed at you Ozzy

OZZYGUY

The household IQ goes back above 100 when the lady moves in such circumstances. Many small minded insecure controlling individuals out there.

I actually know a few girls in this situation. One in particular is close to my wife and she stays in the relationship only because he is paying for her sisters schooling in Perth. Sad some girls go through that.

My wife works in mental health these days and volunteers at a ladies abuse center on Mondays, comes home with some really horrible story's.

MarcTwoSix

Ha
So true
I think there is a lot of guys, even one who are married to Thai girls, that treat them like 2nd class citizens

MarcTwoSix

By the way

Wifey sent me a message today that was around 6am BKK time

Later I asked why she was up so early

"Have to exercise, don't want to be like lady who cut the tree" 555